KupoCon Europe - Mind The Pom - March 25, 2017

RedFFWolf

Donator
Big announcement tomorrow. I ain't saying what it is, though :awesome:

I've booked two nights (March 24 & 25) at the Royal National Hotel. Likely I'll be staying elsewhere for a bit before or after the event to meet up with others I know at London.

I'd advise people planning to stay there to get on board sooner than later, especially if tomorrow generates a lot of buzz. Newark's hotel was booked out by the end.

EDIT: Ninja'd :P - Internet connection died and I had to type it out again. I'll get you yet, young lith :watchingu:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Big announcement tomorrow. I ain't saying what it is, though :awesome:

I've booked two nights (March 24 & 25) at the Royal National Hotel. Likely I'll be staying elsewhere for a bit before or after the event to meet up with others I know at London.

I'd advise people planning to stay there to get on board sooner than later, especially if tomorrow generates a lot of buzz. Newark's hotel was booked out by the end.

EDIT: Ninja'd :P - Internet connection died and I had to type it out again. I'll get you yet, young lith :watchingu:

I'm just helping out!!

Ya know, free promotion and whatnot. :awesomonster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I tried to book myself a room but neither of my cards are working. Maybe some problem with Visa's authentication service. I'll try again tomorrow and call my bank if it still doesn't work.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Credit cards are shit, it is known. As is online payment. It's a fuckton of cobbled-together systems and aaaaaa

Can you pay on-site instead?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I think if you provide them with your card details over the phone it should be okay.

Also this is likely to proper bollock up my plans, I can't book anything just yet.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^I was gonna try and change my reservation book a twin room but it says if you're changing/adding names you've got to cancel and then make a new reservation. Stoopid. I'd do that but I'd need them to refund the money instantly cos I can't cover it otherwise and I don't want to end up with no room. :/

RedFFWolf

Donator
What's the announcement Red? Tell ussssss :wacky:

I feel like that little shit of a kid who tells everyone he has a great big secret but he's not telling anyone - but it's only a few hours away so please forgive me :awesome:

Something I should've said about the hotel - If you're booking a double room (possibly a twin and triple counts too), there's an option underneath where you click for more deals, and there's one where you get a complimentary 3-course meal if you're staying at least two nights and it costs the same as the standard price - basically clicking it gives you a free meal (it applies only for the first night). There is the Best Online rate option, which is £10 cheaper, but besides missing out on the meal you miss out on breakfast.

Lex

Administrator
I think if you provide them with your card details over the phone it should be okay.

Also this is likely to proper bollock up my plans, I can't book anything just yet.

Holiday Inn wasn't the cheapest but they haven't charged me and I can't work out when they're going to. I booked through Booking.com; I think they charge after you've actually stayed in the place. I'm sure some other places are the same.

This is assuming the reason you can't book yet is money related though :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
So the big announcement is that Ray Chase, voice of Noctis of FFXV, will be in attendance. There will be no charge to meet him and get autographs and stuff signed :)

FB Post

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
He was at the Big Pom as well, right? So he's basically a second-hand celebrity now. :P

No but that's cool. A lot of people are gonna be real excited. Actually, looking at the Facebook announcement, they already are. :)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Awwwwww fuck yeah. After all the awesome stuff I heard from the US meet, I am super psyched to meet him.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^When he came down for the evening event I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't get mobbed. He was popular, but people mostly let him sit at his table :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Would that Chase guy be all like "oh shit there's more TLS people here what the fuck" or was the TLS people just a very small group in the other one?

Speaking of, how big an event is it anyways?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Would that Chase guy be all like "oh shit there's more TLS people here what the fuck" or was the TLS people just a very small group in the other one?

Speaking of, how big an event is it anyways?

I think it's maybe... 600 people max? I'm sure Red will pop in here and let you know the figures. It's a small event with a lot of big surprises.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage

Holiday Inn wasn't the cheapest but they haven't charged me and I can't work out when they're going to. I booked through Booking.com; I think they charge after you've actually stayed in the place. I'm sure some other places are the same.

This is assuming the reason you can't book yet is money related though :monster:

It is; waiting on invoices to be paid. I get paid after everyone else in my supply chain unfortunately. On the plus side, my ex is buying my ticket as a birthday gift so that's one less thing to flap about. For some reason, this time of year has become fuckwittedly expensive. :/

So is anybody else going to cosplay or shall I just wuss out now? :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Fangu's just been filling me in about this thing (I've been so out of the loop lately!) and I'm extremely tempted to go down. It's a 3-hour train trip, the opportunity to collect moar to check off my TLS People List and it's an FF con, what more could I want? :monster:

Coincidentally, I have the Thursday and Friday off work that week to play Mass Effect Andromeda... :awesome:

Top Bottom