KupoCon Europe - Mind The Pom - March 25, 2017

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Just you m'dear, did you select room options on your last visit? You might need to delete cookies or something. Try sprinkling salt around the computer.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
well that didn't work :/ oh welp. At least if it's just my computer it doesn't mean the hotel has gone bust :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
It's kind of hard to tell with just the link. Should have been a link and a screenshot of what you see :monster:

Anyway, ctrl + f5. It loads the web site from scratch without just fetching stuff from the browser cache. Which means (re)loading all scripts, styling ++ directly from the web server hosting the site.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^Thanks but it didn't work, nor did clearing all cookies totally. It was fine last week, and its fine on Firefox, but my main browser is Palemoon at the moment. Oh welp. I can go on my phone if needs be.

Fangu

Great Old One
Okay, I'm a web developer and I've never even heard of that browser xD You'd better find a more stable one if you want Everythang to work alright.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
It was working perfect, it's just that one site that has gone weird. I got it cos I wanted something that was gonna be ultra lightweight (or whatever the term is) I had Firefox but it kept freezing up, and Chrome was just as bad -probably because this netbook is still on XP - and yes I need a new one but moneys :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Time to move onto Mind the Pom now! The Newark event was a hit, and hopefully we'll replicate the success in London :)

Before things get suddenly busy with MTP (after all, The Big Pom sold out), if there's anyone not yet with a ticket but looking to go, then get in touch with me for anything you want to know or need help with etc.. Jazz like that.

Lex

Administrator
Just booked the Holiday Inn nearby for me and Joe, woot.

Now I'm booking the train down, it's slightly cheaper to leave a bit earlier on the Sunday morning - what are people doing?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm looking at hotels now; looks like anything decent nearby is between 250 - 400 / night (in euros). Lex suggested I should take a flight to Stanstead for together travelness; it's the cheapest (by a few euros), transit from the airport is probably as long from anywhere.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ The event hotel (Royal National) is considerably cheaper than that.

They have single, double, twin (two singles), triple (three singles), and family (one double and one single) rooms. The triple rooms also have rollaway beds for extra cost.

If three of you wanted to get a triple room and let me use the rollaway for one night, that'd be pretty much perfect for me... Otherwise if anyone needs a place for Saturday night *only*, get in touch ASAP.

Lex: I'm gonna be around until mid-afternoon on the Sunday. I haven't forgotten your offer to let me crash with you but (a) I don't know if that still applies now that you're sharing with Joe and (b) I think I should try to find my own bed first. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Just booked the Holiday Inn nearby for me and Joe, woot.

Now I'm booking the train down, it's slightly cheaper to leave a bit earlier on the Sunday morning - what are people doing?

My train hoem is at 10.15 am....or something. And yeah it is cheaper :monster:

So is everyone bar Flint traveling down/along on the Friday?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Oui. I'll probably get into City about midday Friday to meet up with people.

Lex

Administrator
I've now booked the train - I'm travelling down with Mo (SandG here on the forums) on the 0800 - 1259 train, so I'll be at London Euston at 1pm ish - I got first class because it was fairly cheap and I'm actually quite excited, I've never done first class on the train before.

@Flint, I'm sure me and Joe can sneak you in on the Sat if need be but others will likely have rooms available too XD. I was just getting too antsy not having booked anything - we're in February now so it had to be done. Now I can actually just look forward to the event itself and plan and shit.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'm flying into Gatwick for around about 5:30 on the Fridah, then catching some form of public transport into..somewhere. I need to figure that part out.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Cool, I think my train gets in about 1ish on the Friday. I guess nearer the time we can synchronize phones and watches :monster:

Lex

Administrator
More like meet you in le train station :D

Meeting VII peeps in a train station feels so appropes.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I fully expect you to be dressed like
latest

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Fuck it, I'll fly in on my broom. :monster:
I actually haven't had much opportunity to boggle at my options, I'm grudgingly thinking that leaving the car at home might be an idea. I dislike this immensely.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Not as much as you'd dislike driving and parking in London I'm sure :monster:

(note: I know nothing of this)

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'm sad I can't attend this with you guys, Lex was trying to get me to come but I've sadly got to work the weekend of it and go to Sheffield for work on the Monday through to Thursday

If it wasn't for the fact I've no holiday leave left and I need to take the 31march and 1 April as days off (my working week runs from Sunday-Saturday) to go to pack for Mexico then I'd have been there. I mean I can't really complain I'm going on two free trips to New York/Nashville and Mexico in less than a month, but next year for sure!

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
According to Twitter and probably Facebook as well, there's going to be a big announcement for Mind the Pom tomorrow, so keep your eyes open!

Top Bottom