Last Film You've Seen

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So, I just saw Watchmen.

Regardless of the lack of that pirate story (and associated characters) and squid, I thought it was a very good movie, squared. However, I don't think that people that hadn't read the comic as I did before watching it would Get It. Especially the first bit of the movie would seem confusing, I think, as well as some of the more detailed sections of the movie.

Also, never disposed of sewage with toilet before. Obvious, really.

I didn't think it did the comic injustice, nor did it leave out bits that I was really bothered about. The squid missing is a tad odd perhaps, but they switched it with something more credible and something impressive enough.

Still though, people that haven't read the comic would appreciate it less. I know my parents slash family, for example, would WTF at it on multiple occasions, let alone the people that would WTF even sooner than they would. It's a vague movie if you haven't read the comic.

BUT, I liked it, and you can't take that away from me.

I saw it before reading the comic, and while it didnt have the same impact, the only thing I didnt really "Get" was wtf was up with bastion or whatever its name is

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Veidt? Dunno, lol. I find the movie to have a bigger impact on me personally than the comic. But I guess I'm not a comic person.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
He's referring to Veidt's genetically engineered panther-lynx-esque creature, Bubastis.

The comic had a bigger impact for me than the film, but I haven't seen the director's cut yet so that may change things for me.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

. . . Saw it with my slightly younger cousin. It was good, it had its funny bits, and its emotional moments. The plot was a little too basic for me personally but overall it's a wholesome family movie.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
He's referring to Veidt's genetically engineered panther-lynx-esque creature, Bubastis.

The comic had a bigger impact for me than the film, but I haven't seen the director's cut yet so that may change things for me.

Hrm, it was introduced rather randomly in the movie, I must agree - at least it was somewhat introduced slash explained as a genetically engineered thingy in the comic.

And I should look up what the differences in the director's cut are.

Edit: Supposedly, there's also an Ultimate Cut coming out this fall, with Tales of the Black Freighter edited in (I think), :monster:. Five hour movie much? :awesome:

Edit: Oh lol, the director's cut isn't even out yet.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Hrm, it was introduced rather randomly in the movie, I must agree - at least it was somewhat introduced slash explained as a genetically engineered thingy in the comic.

And I should look up what the differences in the director's cut are.

Edit: Supposedly, there's also an Ultimate Cut coming out this fall, with Tales of the Black Freighter edited in (I think), :monster:. Five hour movie much? :awesome:

Edit: Oh lol, the director's cut isn't even out yet.
oic. Guess I'll wait for the Ultimate Cut for ultimate justice.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Kung Fu Panda

Surprisingly awesome fighting scenes. I liked it a lot.

Vantage Point

SUCKY ENDING

Mr. Brooks

Good film.

Anatoliae

Gas Mask Enthusiast
AKA
Lachlan, Ana, Aniline, Natoli
Finally watched Juno. Really good movie.

I want to watch Pineapple Express next.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Pineapple Express was better than I thought it would be and definitely something to enjoy a few times.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Ice Age 3, which was fucking annoying compared to all of the other movies I could've seen. *sigh* whatever. I watched Kung Pow like 10 minutes ago.

THATS A LOT OF NUTS!!!!!

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
you need to get high to truly experience the pineapple express. Same could be said about a lot of movies though.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
1983 BBC production of Jane Eyre.

I haven't finished it yet. I might stick with it, but... I just can't take Timothy Dalton seriously as Rochester!!!

Goofy motherfucker. -_-

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I saw Public Enemies. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, if you take my meaning. I really felt like they could jazzed it up a bit, though I understand that it was based off something real, but I'd have agreed to lose some of the realism for a more developed story. But Johnny was really awesome as usual, so at least that's something.

Top Bottom