Last Film You've Seen

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I saw the Prince of Persia movie! I actually really enjoyed it. :3 However, just like the games I hated the girl. She redeemed herself at the end, though. It didn't feel like the original PoP really, but it's nice if you can ignore that.

Anyway, it's worth watching. ^^

Really? I thought she was one of the few characters that displayed some semblance of rationality.

Then again, I could be biased because she had some wicked outfits :C

watched the Cube Trilogy.

Cube_The_Movie_Poster_Art.jpg

Cube - Fuckin badass, despite some overacting. Awesome atmosphere and character development, very kafkaesque. Insanely impressive for a low budget canadian film that was shot in one 14x14x14 room.

Cube 2: Hypercube - Ugh... the cube's now like.. multiple dimensions, no character development, multiple plotholes, got rid of the traps from the first one, which makes it seem like the only reason for this film is for "omg! look how fucked up this cube thingy is! wowza! :O" Tho the guy who turned into a killer was fun.

Cube Zero - Better than the second, but doesnt have the emotional and mental impact of the first, going for a more campy, b-movie feel. It expands on the first, with a nice tie-in at the end. A good watch for what it is.

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Sherlock Holmes

As good as it was in the cinema. :)

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
FFFFF the first Cube fucked me up so bad when I first watched it :( that movie is such a mindfuck.

I also watched a bit of LOTR:ROTK. Now I remember how much I loved Faramir.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Kamen Rider Decade and Double: Movie Wars 2010.

I was disappointed with decade's side of the story, being a double billed movie with double's Beginning story. Decade's was too fast paced and littered with plot holes, crappy closure and not as exciting as his previous film. Double's is perfect, catches the aspect of their characters for a detective genre and manages to pull through. His final act and crossover with decade's was short but sweet, all in all this film wasn't as good as I had expected it to be. : /

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
'mind blown' is a bit overdoing it, imho, but it was quite a good movie which proved that you can make a good movie with a low budget. And of course it was a massive ode to ye olde SF movies.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Anyone believing making good films is all about the budget should be shot.

Watched The Letter, a Noir/'Melodrama starring Bette Davis. The film started off kind of sloppy with some unbelievable things going on, but it turned out to be a small masterpiece with some incredible tense moments. Davis is brilliant as usual, and the finale is mindblowing tense and atmospheric.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Evangelion 2.22 You can not Advance

Pretty awesome in a few ways, coulda developed a few characters a bit more, but the new developments with certain people and events kept it interesting.

I am amused that they took Shinji's hissy fit from the manga after the dummy plug catastrophe. Eva Unit01's god mode was pretty awesome too.

Also, I'm pretty convinced, from the way events have played out, and how a certain character remarks, that this takes place after the End of Evangelion and the world has been "rebooted".

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Evangelion 1.01: You Are (Not) Alone

To get ready for 2.22. If I can find money/a really really good raw BD rip.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Evangelion 1.01: You Are (Not) Alone

To get ready for 2.22. If I can find money/a really really good raw BD rip.

There's already a good one up. Look in the usual places.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Slither

Nathan Fillion is Bill Pardy.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Ink. It was pretty cute, imo. Also I liked the looks of the incubi.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
Jumper. This movie was such a disappointment. It had such potential with the original (or, at least as far as I've seen in movies and books) concept, but completely ignored backstory and plot in favor of... well, an hour and a half of nothing. There wasn't even a really awesome battle in the end!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Splice
Quite entertaining. A really interensting idea, and it seemed to want to delve into the moral concepts of partial/spliced human cloning, but it seems to break down into some generic scares during the last quarter of the film. I kinda wish that it had stuck with the creepy horror, that had worked for it earlier in the film. For a better explanation of the feel of the horror genre change (though not the content), it felt like if you played through Silent Hill for the first 3/4ths of the film, and then switched to Resident Evil for the last quarter.

I have to give props to the movie for going places, that I didn't figure that it would go though.

Mothra vs. Godzilla (Godzilla vs. the Thing)

#4 on my list going through my Godzilla films. Nostalgia city, since I hadn't seen it since I was a kid, and it was one of the first Godzilla films I ever saw. Still can't figure why they shoehorned the name "The Thing" in for Mothra constantly in the US version. Really confusing. I think I'll watch through the original Japanese Edit in a bit, since it's one of the Monster Editions that contains both edits.

X :neo:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Four Times That Night was an allright Italian sex comedy. Not too funny, could've used a little more n00dz. But hey, it's Mario Bava, one of the gods of cinema.

Top Bottom