Last Film You've Seen

Dalik

Not Your World Anymore.
Snatch

For having a generic premise of a bunch of people trying to steal this diamond, it was executed really well, and the editing was pretty badass.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Iron Man 2 - Could have been better, but it was alright. I wanted MOAR War Machine.

Robin Hood - Rubbish. It was rushed and didn't flow as well as Gladiator. Cate Blanchett still owns, imho.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
Finished Man on Fire.

It should have gone deeper into Denzel's character and past. Also, it really didn't make any sense for the villain (whatever his name was) to keep the girl alive for so long without contacting the parents again. He should have at least sold her into slavery or something to make some money. (He did say he was a business man after all.) Also, the frequent flashes and screen seizures when he was having dreams, flashbacks, and guilt trips were kind of weird.

Still sad, though. Dakota Fanning better feel guilty later when she finds out that it was her fault that Denzel died. :(

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The Beast Must Die - in the opening words of the film itself: This film is a detective story. But the question isn't, "who is the murderer?", but rather, "who is the werewolf?"

The film is interesting, a must for werewolf fans, and if you like detective stories (and really, who doesn't?), there are worse ones out there. Of particular interest: the only time I've ever seen a "great white hunter" role being played by a black actor; the take on werewolf mythology; and Peter Cushing.

Dalik

Not Your World Anymore.
Alone in The Dark. Uwe Boll, enough said.

House of Fury - The trailer made it seem like a cheesy Spy Kids rip off, but it turned out to be a badass kung fu film. The plot was very Spy Kids like though. The Dad was a spy, then he gets captured, and his kids use their over the top kung fu skills to take down the bad guy and save him. Though it was a lot better than I expected. It was shot really well, and the effects were mostly believeable until they had a 70 year old guy running on air, but other than that, it was good.

The Invention of Lying - I'm not really sure on how I felt about this movie. It had a great cast. But all the better cast memebers were minor rolls. Tina Fey played the bitch secretary, and wasn't there much. Jonah Hill made random appearances, but they just were short points where they just threw him in there to kill time. And Jason Bateman played a doctor for like a minute. The concept over all was okay, but it was over all a decent movie, just not something worth me buying.

Damn, Film school is making me far to critical on movies...

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
I saw Crazy Heart, the acting was excellent, the plot was okay, but I think it was supposed to be that way like his life was supposed to seem pathetic.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Damn, Film school is making me far to critical on movies...

It could be worse. My friends and I saw a ridiculous amount of philosophical subtext on the whole "dude creates an afterlife for people to believe in".
I'm not going to go into the details.

Dalik

Not Your World Anymore.
I had to stop myself from going into detail about what I thought of the lighting and the editing of the movies.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Hellsing Ultimate III - "SEARCH AND DESTROY!!!" With Victoria Hardwood saying it, Alucard isn't the only one getting excited... :3

Dalik

Not Your World Anymore.
The Cove

A Documentary I watched for my final exam of Documentary 1. It's about dolphin slaughter in Japan. Now I've gotta write a 3 page paper on it.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Not yet, but I gotta find Batman 1966.

That shit is hilarious

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Hellsing Ultimate IV - show belongs to Schrodinger and the Major's speech.

Although Anderson really has a hankering for a Mars bar. Bet he wants it deep-fried, too. Typcial bloody Scot. :P

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Gojira and then Godzilla Raids Again.

I've finally begun to make my way through my complete collection of Godzilla films in Chronological order. I have seen them all at one point in time, but though I've purchased them recently (within the last 3 years), I haven't seen a few of them since I was a kid.

X :neo:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Prince of Persia.

I was there for the pretty costumes, really :( also lol at poorly masked criticisms against the Bush administration. "THEY'RE HARBOURING WEAPONS" "NO THEY'RE NOT, IT'S ALL A TRICK TO GO TO WAR."

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Kick Ass - surprisingly good but the climax was just silly. I mean seriously
jet packs? with machine guns? when did Kick Ass upgrade to War Machine ???

Note to self, if doing real life super hero skits always come with kevlar and protective wear to a knife fight ; ___ ; unless you want your classmates to think you're gay.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Gojira and then Godzilla Raids Again.

I've finally begun to make my way through my complete collection of Godzilla films in Chronological order. I have seen them all at one point in time, but though I've purchased them recently (within the last 3 years), I haven't seen a few of them since I was a kid.

X :neo:
Awesome. I know it's not very popular, but I love one of the more recent ones, GMK: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.

I really, really want to see Final Wars.

Started watching AvP: Requiem again last night, but got fed up with all the teen angst Americana crap leading up to the main action.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
Signs.

That movie could have been way scarier than it was. The only mildly frightening parts were the hands reaching around walls and under doors. There wasn't even blood when Mel Gibson chopped off the aliens fingertips!

Horror should not be put into the hands of people that are going to make it PG-13. >_>

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Crazy Heart. Jeff Bridges was, as usual, superb and surprisingly I liked the songs a lot. If more country songs sounded like that I probably wouldn't hate the genre as a whole so much.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I saw the Prince of Persia movie! I actually really enjoyed it. :3 However, just like the games I hated the girl. She redeemed herself at the end, though. It didn't feel like the original PoP really, but it's nice if you can ignore that.

Anyway, it's worth watching. ^^

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The Hurt Locker. It wasn't as awesome as everyone says it is, imho, but it is quite good, although I doubt bomb squad dudes are as careless over there as one of the main characters is. Explosion effects were pretty good though.

Top Bottom