Last Film You've Seen

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
What is not to get? Seriously. =/

Actually, it's quite easy to lose track at one point for those with less developed minds, and when such minds decide that they don't get it, they will look at the rest of the movie with a sense of 'idgi'. It's best to avoid watching movies with such people, as they become a nuisance to those that do try to get it.

Watched the Ultimate Super-The-Luxe Director's Director's Director's Cut version of Watchmen, all three and a half hours of it just now. I like the movie, graphic novel purists' opinions on the movie aside, I just have two major points:

* Too much 'recognizable' / unoriginal music that doesn't seem to fit. I mean, loud blaring music when the credits start to roll, just after
millions of people died and world peace was restored
an' shit? no.

* Cartoon sequences (Black Freighter) interspersed within the movie itself distracted from the movie and felt awkward, and the link / analogies between it and the content of the story was not as apparent and fitting as it was in the novel. Would not recommend to watch this version with those sequences edited into it.

Also, I couldn't really see much differences between this director's cut edition and the regular version, so they're pretty minimal. I probably need to look up the exact differences to be able to notice them, :monster:.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
Just saw The Fall once again beautiful movie with an amazing story

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
What is not to get? Seriously. =/

Actually, it was probably less 'idgi' and more 'cba to get it'. She didn't really want to watch it in the first place, and action movies are really her thing.

I TRIED, THOUGH.

Kikki

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myPEACEFULsanctuary
Watched 'Nine'. Songs were quite catchy but didn't really see the point of the movie.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Inception on DVD, again. :wacky:

tumblr_l6h95dDlrf1qb4kvzo1_500.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Drive Angry in 3D.

William Fichtner = BEST.

This is exactly what 3D movies should be. It is on par with the Grindhouse films. TONS of good times and fantastic quotes.

X :neo:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Cloverfield

Yes. I am very slow seeing some films, but I don't give a shit. Anyway. Monster concept was wonderful. Even some of Hud's lines were really funny, but I still wasted over an hour of my life.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
RED

Exactly what I expected - a sit back and enjoy yourself without having to think too hard movie.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
MOLDOVA SUCKS

Also Grave of the Fireflies was on SBS2 last night

omfg it's so
omfg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Doctor Who: Battlefield

Feature-length cut of the Sylvester McCoy story. Watched in remembrance of Nicholas Courtney, who played Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart, who died last week.

The Seventh Doctor stories are verrrrry different to those of new Who, as they embrace mysticism alongside sci-fi (something underlined if you watch The Satan Pit two-parter, along with The Curse of Fenric, but I digress).

This story uses bits of Arthurian legend
one of the Doctor's future incarnations is Merlin
, alongside Doctor Who continuity (the Brig wheels out ammo for nearly every sort of foe he's faced alongside the Doctor, including gold-tipped bullets for Cybermen).

I loved most of the stories in the last season of classic Who, and this is no exception.
DOCTOR: "Do you know Clarke's law?"
ACE: "Any form of advanced science is indistinguishable from magic."
DOCTOR: "The reverse is also true."
ACE: "Any form of advanced magic is indistinguishable... from science."
DESTROYER: "Pitiful. Can this world do no better than you as their champion?"
BRIG: "Probably. I just do the best I can."
Also, any time the Doctor trades on his reputation as Merlin.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

As somebody who's never played the popular DS series, it was quite refreshing to sit down and watch a film with absolutely no preconceptions about what I'm about to see. Good news for me, is that what I sat down to watch was thoroughly entertaining, frequently beautiful and full to bursting with its own unique charm. The broad, simple character designs were also incredibly expressive, given the restrictions of the style and were used to great effect in a story that was much more intricate than I expected.

If I have one complaint its that the final act seemed much more focused around a series of climactic action set pieces, which whilst thrilling I found to be a bit too at odds with the puzzlin', sleuthin' first half.

It wasn't a mind blowing experience, but there's a lot to like here and its definitely endearing enough to warrant a warm smile at the end.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
The A-team,

Really late in seeing this but throughout all the hype at the cinema I really didn't fancy it. Finally got a shot on blu ray from my mate and was thoroughly impressed, everyone did an amazing job on their character (with the exception of the guy playing BA) and the jokes involving murdock were just sublime.
Exactly what I wanted from the film, good plotline with over the top action scenes and brilliant comedy.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The Princess Bride

...Does anything more need to be said? Do any quotes need to be repeated? :awesome:

Westley said:
As you wish.
:awesome:

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Mirror Mask!

I'm still trying to make sense of the whole thing. I mean, I get the general idea, but I did get lost at a lot of points. I think it was mainly the 'wtf' moments sticking in my mind. But it's really bizarre and interesting, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it sooner, since a lot of people seem to have seen it before. xD I really adored the ending, it made me smile.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
A-Team surprised me too Scott. Pretty damn fun movie.

Tangled: I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. It definitely hearkens back to old school Disney films. Loved the incredible art direction too. Good stuff.

Despicable Me: Wow did this movie take me by surprise. I thoroughly enjoyed this film and wish I had seen it sooner. Definitely an entertaining family film that works for all ages. I recommend this to pretty much anyone.

Since Hollywood insists on making more 3d children films, I hope they keep up the increase in quality.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
The Mexican

Notable for being the only Julia Roberts movie where she her acting has more life than a bag of dead cats. She's actually really good in this as the long suffering girlfriend to Brad Pitt, an average Joe trying to work off a debt to a criminal gang. At the movie's beginning, Pitt is tasked with one final job, to bring a legendary pistol - the titular Mexican, back from beyond the border. What follows is an entertaining, if slightly confused comedy/love story/crime epic/Mexican spaghetti western. The wild division in scope (though not in tone) is probably the film's downfall as it tries to tug you too and fro in so many different directions that it can be easy to be lost in apathy at the whole thing.

I reckon that in spite of the movie's failings, it does maintain a unique charm that still renders it completely likeable. There's nothing distinctly memorable about the film, and Brad Pitt's leading man is a bit bland compared to the great larger than life performance by Julia Roberts.

I still like it, though there is quite alot to critique here. Just don't be fooled by the promise of mystery in the title, there's very little in the way of intrigue built into the initial plot, and its resolution feels like a bit of a footnote when compared against the true finale (which doesn't feel any less rushed)

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Mirror Mask!

I'm still trying to make sense of the whole thing. I mean, I get the general idea, but I did get lost at a lot of points. I think it was mainly the 'wtf' moments sticking in my mind. But it's really bizarre and interesting, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it sooner, since a lot of people seem to have seen it before. xD I really adored the ending, it made me smile.
It might help to listen to Wake the White Queen by the Cruxshadows - it's essentially a five minute summation of the film in song form. :monster:

Other than that, if you have any particular questions, ask me and I'll try to help.

Top Bottom