SPOILERS Leaked Character Screens (Untagged Spoilers, potentially big implications)

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Precisely. All the SOLDIERs that are derived from the proper Jenova Project that directly use Jenova's cells, are an S-series SOLDIER.

The best kind of SOLDIER. :monster:
Guess I never thought about it that way. Are they even ever referred to as such? lol

Funny how there's at least some small sense of disappointment around with the Remake needing to be more 'clean' to conform to ratings, yet Hojo is here suggesting to call the boys down from SOLDIER to... um... 'breed' Aerith. I suppose you can get away with anything if you only vaguely refer to it through dialogue.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
S-Type SOLDIERs are... weird. Because there isn't any "naturally" occurring ones like with Genesis.

The thing with G-Type SOLDIERs is that they aren't made in a lab or anything. Genesis used his Jenova powers to pass on his own genetic material to them. The problem is, this doesn't work perfectly, and as a result, both Genesis and the G-Type SOLDIERs have failing bodies that get worse over time. Their genetics aren't stable and as a result they are dying. At least until the end of Crisis Core, when the Planet somehow fixes whatever is wrong with Genesis' DNA, which fixes and reverses all his damage... We never do end up finding out what happened to the G-Type SOLDIERs after that...

S-Types SOLDIERs are all artificially created. Sephrioth can't pass on his genetic material to others, but his own body is stable geneticly and so are the bodies of SOLDIERs created with his cells. Technically speaking, CLOUD is an S-Type SOLDIER because he was given Sephrioth's genetic material by Hojo. So is Zack for that matter.

What is the same for both G-Type and S-Type SOLDIERs is that their genetic doners have some measure of influence or control over them... I kind of wonder if the rest of the SOLDIER population is going to have... issues... because of Sephrioth messing around with Cloud...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Guess I never thought about it that way. Are they even ever referred to as such? lol

In CC, they are. When Genesis starts going gray and degenerating, Hollander and Genesis come to believe that the cure to fixing their degeneration is obtaining pure, untainted Jenova cells.

They go around the globe trying to find where Jenova is and fail, so they then try to get their hands on the fleeing Zack and Cloud since they carry pure "S-cells" or Jenova cells from Hojo's work on SOLDIER. Hoping to cure themselves.

S-Types SOLDIERs are all artificially created. Sephrioth can't pass on his genetic material to others, but his own body is stable geneticly and so are the bodies of SOLDIERs created with his cells. Technically speaking, CLOUD is an S-Type SOLDIER because he was given Sephrioth's genetic material by Hojo. So is Zack for that matter.

Exactly, and that's why Genesis and Hollander briefly pursue them in hopes their cells would fix them.

What is the same for both G-Type and S-Type SOLDIERs is that their genetic doners have some measure of influence or control over them... I kind of wonder if the rest of the SOLDIER population is going to have... issues... because of Sephrioth messing around with Cloud...

Well SOLDIERs should technically not be influenced by Sephiroth's exerted control due to the fact they carry the mental strength and ego to not get mako poisoned from the SOLDIER procedure. It's why Zack was labeled a failure in Hojo's experiments for the Reunion. He didn't succumb and suffer ego death. He stayed the same. Cloud on the otherhand nearly did and was seen as a success. But he escaped before being given a number.

However, in FFVII, there is a SOLDIER retiree who runs a shop in Junon, that suddenly feels compelled to don a black cloak. He says he doesn't know why he wants to wear it but it feels right. :monster:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I didn't see this one in the backup of the extracted images (but if it was posted before, sorry!).

Materia upgrading progression:

ivYaYyb.png

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Also if I am remembering Crisis Core correctly, having “S-Cells” is additionally distinctly different from being a S-series Soldier/standard Soldier, right?
If I am remembering the game and Ultimania translations correctly, S-Cells were Sephiroth’s cells themselves (or were they Jenova cells that Hojo had modified somehow to be like Sephiroth’s cells?), that only Cloud, Zack, and the other Sephiroth clones/copies had been injected with. But they also had like an expiration time limit before they would be useless to Genesis and Hollander, like they would eventually revert to standard Jenova cells or something? IRCC Hollander (or the Ultimanias) said that Genesis and Hollander had checked the Sephiroth clones for good S-Cells (but they had “expired”) before they went to Zack and Cloud. Cloud was the only one who’s “S-Cells” hadn’t “gone bad” yet, right?

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So I'm going through the Chapter "billboards" and I'm seeing a bunch of screens I don't recall seeing posted anywhere before....

Like this.... thing for example (something I don't think we've seen in the original game).

Ku174LV.png
For reference the file name for this is: U_Com_Billboard_120_UNDG7_Chapter14_Step40_S10 (Perhaps this is the "DeepGround Monster"?)

I'll try to make a gallery soon (I'm also editing some of them as they're partially transparent, and I have to duplicate the layer to make it fully visible). Actually scratch that. Just read that some of the devs tweeted the leaks were making them sad.....:( so I won't post the gallery:nah:, but if you want any screens, just PM me (I mean we're also only 59 days away from the game's release.... so everyone will see this stuff relatively soon).

I'll add that seeing Tifa without the leggings was interesting (very early mock-up I have to assume):

BVc28rz.png

Last edited:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
So I'm going through the Chapter "billboards" and I'm seeing a bunch of screens I don't recall seeing posted anywhere before....

Like this.... thing for example (something I don't think we've seen in the original game).

Ku174LV.png
For reference the file name for this is: U_Com_Billboard_120_UNDG7_Chapter14_Step40_S10 (Perhaps this is the "DeepGround Monster"?)

I'll try to make a gallery soon (I'm also editing some of them as they're partially transparent, and I have to duplicate the layer to make it fully visible).
I saw it referred to as such somewhere else

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Scanning through the TOWN7 subtitles because that's one of the major new additions to the game, the residential district on the Sector 7 Plate.

Major spoilers for new Remake content:

There a stretch of road here that Roche seems to like riding on, appears to show up and interrupt your motorcycle training with the Avalanche crew, as you're going to use the bikes to raid a Shinra warehouse. Kind of a training area where you can practice the motorcycle gameplay, perhaps challenge him to races and/or fights.

Cloud mentions during this section of the game that all SOLDIERs have mandatory training with motorcycles, and Roche talks about becoming one with the machine while showing off moves similar to the stuff we see Cloud and the Remnants do in Advent Children.

You visit Jessie's house, meet her family, and learn all about her. Her full name is Jessie Rasberry, her father is Rowan Rasberry. Wedge calls her mom "Missus R" and say she makes famously delicious pizza. Jessie is a former stagehand who used to work at the Gold Saucer, eventually landing a starring role as the princess in a play. Her parents were invited to the opening but never showed up because her father collapsed from overwork in a Shinra mako warehouse, where he succumbed to mako poisoning. He's still comatose. Her mom thinks Avalanche is a theater troupe of some sort and that Jessie is still working as a stagehand. She wants her to come home and work at the Sector 8 theater.

Jessie believes that her father's soul is trapped between his body and the heart of the planet, and is worried that if they don't stop Shinra from pumping mako out of the planet, her father's soul will never be reunited with his body.

You go to her place to steal her father's ID card so you can raid the Shinra warehouse to get materials for a new bomb, as her normal supplier is out of contact. This time she plans on using a weaker blasting agent, as she didn't expect the Reactor 1 explosion to be so big.

Seems the bike chase sequence is Avalanche being pursued by Shinra Security doing a surprise nighttime raid on Sector 7, while trying to reach the Shinra warehouse for the bomb making supplies.

Jessie is very flirtatious with Cloud during the ensuing bike chase to reach the warehouse, and very theatrical about it, too. "My hero!" and such.

Seems like the new parachuting sequence is after the warehouse raid, escaping back to the Sector 7 Slums. Jessie says there was a 50/50 shot that there would be parachutes in the warehouse based on what her father said, and was counting on that being the case so they could make their escape.

This section of the game is where we have the flashback to Tifa and Cloud at the watertower in Nibelheim.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

Ku174LV.png

I'll try to make a gallery soon (I'm also editing some of them as they're partially transparent, and I have to duplicate the layer to make it fully visible). Actually scratch that. Just read that some of the devs tweeted the leaks were making them sad.....:( so I won't post the gallery:nah:, but if you want any screens, just PM me (I mean we're also only 59 days away from the game's release.... so everyone will see this stuff relatively soon).

I'll add that seeing Tifa without the leggings was interesting (very early mock-up I have to assume):

BVc28rz.png
I think I'm more excited for the artbook and ost, than I am the game haha

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Gonna go through some of the other stuff now. Will reorganize more chronologically after I'm done.

Looking through TOWN8 (Chapter 2, Sector 8 Residential Area), where Cloud meets Aerith.

After Avalanche parts ways following the Reactor bombing, Cloud sees the flames of burning buildings and hallucinates an encounter with Sephiroth, in which Sephiroth taunts him (burning his village, killing his mother) in order to stoke Cloud's hatred so their bond remains strong, which we know is how Sephiroth anchors his will to the physical world.

While Cloud is reeling from this vision he meets Aerith, who tries to sell him a flower. She offers to give it to him for free, but he insists on paying 2 gil, and then 5 gil. Though she is willing to part with it for free, she's playfully insulted by how little he's willing to pay for it. She says it would be a good gift for his girlfriend, and that this is a type of flower that lovers used to give each other upon reuniting. She also mentions that they "scare them away," referring to the Whispers. He tells her that he's involved in dangerous things and should stay away from him. They are briefly assaulted by Whispers but this seems to be interrupted when Shinra Security arrives and Cloud makes his escape to the Sector 7 Slums

SLUM7 (Chapter 3, Sector 7 Slums) is massive and too difficult to really go through. Suffice it to say they flesh out this section with extra characters, sidequests, and additional content.

Lot of people in the slums worried about terrorism and what's going on after the Reactor explosion.

Chadley is an intern for the Shinra Research and Development Department. He gives you quests to collect intel on enemies using the Assess materia, and develops new materia for you as you progress.

Katie gives you rewards for slaying monsters. Seems like this might be a monthly tally, suggesting that new content / rewards could be added to the game each month?

SLU5B (Chapter 9-10, Sector 5/6 Slums, Wall Market) is also pretty massive, again due to an abundance of characters, sidequests, and additional content.

Some of this has already been datamined, but Aerith does indeed mention Zack by name, as her first love, which seems to cause Cloud to have a headache or something. She also asks for repayment for the damage Cloud caused in the form of "one date." She also seems to say some things that Cloud recognizes as things she probably learned from a SOLDIER.

Mireille and Aerith are friendly with each other, and Mireille has sidequests here. Seems she has a reputation as the town gossip, and is a fan of secrets, which makes perfect sense. Apparently people in Sector 5 call Aerith the guardian angel of the slums.

Moggie is the kid running the Moogle Club, and there are minigames you can play to earn moogle medals to spend at the Moogle Emporium.

There are a lot of new bits involved with the crossdressing mission, and it seems like Aerith ropes other people to participate in the plan to get Cloud into Corneo's manor with her, including Madam M, Andrea Rhodea, Johnny, Sam, and others. Some of the old steps are still there, but now it seems that there are a variety of different dresses obtained from different quests, the best seemingly being a million gil that must be earned by winning the Corneo Cup tournament. Seems like there's a ton of different possible outcomes and responses from NPCs and Honeybee Inn staff depending on how well Cloud pulls it off. Seems like the dance minigame is also part of this, as Cloud gets pulled on stage by a dancer named Aniyan.

Aerith: Wow, Cloud. Now that was a show!
Aerith: Cloud?
Aerith: Yoo-hoo. Cloud? Hello?
Aerith: Aerith to Cloud. Come in!
Cloud: Please don't.
Cloud: Not a word.
Aerith: Not even one?
Cloud: No.
Aerith: But you're so pretty!

Tifa: Wait a minute.
Tifa: Cloud!? Is that you!?
Tifa: Oh my god, that makeup! And that dress!
Cloud: Nailed it, I know. Thank you. Moving on.

Palmer can be seen hanging out at Honey Bee Inn, having paid for a day's entertainment.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Ι see that the AVALNCHE members and the Sector 7 have been given a lot of love and attention... so that it will hurt like a total bitch when everyone dies under the plate. Wheee...:(

I didn't see this one in the backup of the extracted images (but if it was posted before, sorry!).

Materia upgrading progression:

ivYaYyb.png

NICE. I remember being disappointed by the power of the materia in the gameplay of the leaked demo. This looks FAR better.

Aerith: Wow, Cloud. Now that was a show!
Aerith: Cloud?
Aerith: Yoo-hoo. Cloud? Hello?
Aerith: Aerith to Cloud. Come in!
Cloud: Please don't.
Cloud: Not a word.
Aerith: Not even one?
Cloud: No.
Aerith: But you're so pretty!

Tifa: Wait a minute.
Tifa: Cloud!? Is that you!?
Tifa: Oh my god, that makeup! And that dress!
Cloud: Nailed it, I know. Thank you. Moving on.

Now THAT'S the good stuff. The stuff I'm most excited about, even more than the gameplay. Interaction! Gimme, gimme!:excited:

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Also if I am remembering Crisis Core correctly, having “S-Cells” is additionally distinctly different from being a S-series Soldier/standard Soldier, right?
If I am remembering the game and Ultimania translations correctly, S-Cells were Sephiroth’s cells themselves (or were they Jenova cells that Hojo had modified somehow to be like Sephiroth’s cells?), that only Cloud, Zack, and the other Sephiroth clones/copies had been injected with. But they also had like an expiration time limit before they would be useless to Genesis and Hollander, like they would eventually revert to standard Jenova cells or something? IRCC Hollander (or the Ultimanias) said that Genesis and Hollander had checked the Sephiroth clones for good S-Cells (but they had “expired”) before they went to Zack and Cloud. Cloud was the only one who’s “S-Cells” hadn’t “gone bad” yet, right?

The Jenova cells extracted and used for SOLDIER and the Reunion experiment are treated by Hojo in a special way that makes them "S" cells. They aren't Sephiroth's own cells per se, they're cells treated with the same process to create an "S" series SOLDIER, so to speak. They are related to Sephiroth in that way.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
The Jenova cells extracted and used for SOLDIER and the Reunion experiment are treated by Hojo in a special way that makes them "S" cells. They aren't Sephiroth's own cells per se, they're cells treated with the same process to create an "S" series SOLDIER, so to speak. They are related to Sephiroth in that way.
Okay, I am little confused though, because the Crisis Core Ultimania Keyword translations describe S-Cells as something only Zack, Cloud, and the Sephiroth copies/clones had injected into them.
F9B35E7D-F41B-4DF4-B7B2-E165DB086840.jpeg
F9A5E9AF-D15C-4CB3-A436-98095A852BA8.jpeg
That indicates that they are different than the S-type process that Standard SOLDIERs receive their normal Jenova cells from; as Hollander and Genesis didn’t go after regular SOLDIERs for S-Cells, they only went after Cloud, Zack, and the Sephiroth copies/clones.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That indicates that they are different than the S-type process that Standard SOLDIERs receive their normal Jenova cells from; as Hollander and Genesis didn’t go after regular SOLDIERs for S-Cells, they only went after Cloud, Zack, and the Sephiroth copies/clones.

Remember that the procedure to make a Sephiroth Copy is the exact same process used to make SOLDIER.

Cloud
I'm physically built like someone in SOLDIER.
Hojo's plan to clone Sephiroth wasn't that difficult.
It was just the same procedure they use when creating members of SOLDIER.
You see, someone in SOLDIER isn't simply exposed to Mako energy.
Their bodies are actually injected with Jenova cells......
For better or worse, only the strong can enter SOLDIER.

FFVII Ultimania Omega said:
**Jenova Relation 3: The Sephiroth Clones** (005.1C)

5 years ago, immediately after Sephiroth fell into the Mt. Nibel mako reactor,
Jenova's main body -- which had been left behind -- was utilized by Hojo for
an experiment. This plan -- which Hojo intended to use to prove his Jenova
Reunion Theory -- was called "the Sephiroth Clones Project."

The experiment's procedure -- which involved injecting cells taken from the
headless body of Jenova into the subjects and exposing them to mako -- doesn't
differ from the manufacturing procedure for SOLDIERs.
The largest difference
is that SOLDIERs are selected from a prime field, being strong of mind and
body and able to withstand the experiment uninfluenced by Jenova's cells,
whereas the Clones' fragile minds leave them as "portions" of Jenova. The
subjects of the Sephiroth Clones Project were the survivors of the Nibelheim
incident, with absolutely no thought given to sorting them as with SOLDIER,
and -- being unable to maintain their egos -- they lose the ability to live a
normal human life.

The reason Genesis and Hollander went after Cloud and Zack was because they were "fresh" and newly experimented on. They hoped the Jenova cells they contained would be as closest to pure and untainted by genetic material from their hosts, as possible.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Remember that the procedure to make a Sephiroth Copy is the exact same process used to make SOLDIER.

The reason Genesis and Hollander went after Cloud and Zack was because they were "fresh" and newly experimented on. They hoped the Jenova cells they contained would be as closest to pure and untainted by genetic material from their hosts, as possible.
Okay, I think I understand it better now. So the “special process” mentioned in the CC keywords for treating Jenova cells to make “S-Cells”, that did not mean that they were specifically different from the Jenova cells a standard SOLDIER receives?

So the purity of “S-Cells” just refers to SOLDIER Jenova cells that have been recently injected into the host, so regular SOLDIERs would have already had their’s “expired”, (and I guess Sephiroth’s will never “expire”). So with Zack, I guess Hojo wanted to see what would happen to a SOLDIER who went through the SOLDIER creation process twice then?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, I think I understand it better now. So the “special process” mentioned in the CC keywords for treating Jenova cells to make “S-Cells”, that did not mean that they were specifically different from the Jenova cells a standard SOLDIER receives?

Precisely.

So the purity of “S-Cells” just refers to SOLDIER Jenova cells that have been recently injected into the host, so regular SOLDIERs would have already have their’s “expired”. So with Zack, I guess Hojo wanted to see what would happen to a SOLDIER who went through the SOLDIER creation process twice then?

You got it.

In essence, Zack served as a control in the experiment. He already went through the procedure so Hojo may have wanted to see if mental prowess and ego strength was the variable that sufficiently interfered with Reunion.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So to anyone that has actually read all the leaked script, how does it hold up (barring obviously having no visual context whatsoever)?

Well the whole script hasn't leaked. Only portions of scripts from parts of the game. But from what's shown so far, it's fascinating and really interesting as hell. Some parts are especially well done in terms of dialogue, like between Barret, Cloud, and Tifa. And there's some really interesting interactions between Aerith and Cloud.

Also, Hojo has become far more chilling, and disturbing than I could ever imagine. Like, he's high octane nightmare fuel now.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Oh god why???
Isn't she supposed to be keeping a low profile? Blending in? Isn't normal best? Now it seems she's the neighbourhood celebrity.
I mean if Aerith is only individual in the Slums (and above Plate?) who sells real naturally grown flowers, she would inevitably have some local recognition/celebrity. And since the flower’s grow in an abandoned church, “guardian angel” isn’t an out of place nickname.

Also people in the slums could be liable to notice that Shinra operatives are constantly watching over Aerith for several years.

IMO Aerith having some local recognition from her community isn’t out of place or surprising.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Another thought about Aerith.... The changes to Hojo give Tseng some very good reasons to not want to bring Aerith in. I can actually see him and the rest of the Turks being even more determined than in the OG to fail to find her.

And yeah... I thought Hojo was already bad enough... boy... no he was not...

Top Bottom