SPOILERS Leaked Character Screens (Untagged Spoilers, potentially big implications)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Sadly, FF does tend to fall into the not-magazine-cover-beautiful = evil trope, with the exceptions being evil beautiful people. Both Reeve and Scarlet are hot as shit. Even Shinra’s gotten a makeover.

In the OG, I would have said that Hojo’s forehead was his most prominent feature. Now it’s definitely his jowels and lips. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder — cliche but true. He’s not “conventionally attractive” but who is? It’s all airbrushing these days anyway. No one should feel bad for having a broader palette of physical appreciation than Cosmo mag. In fact, it’s practically a guarantee.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
Am I bad for saying that I do not believe Hojo is ugly (as said, I think he looks like Auron a bit), but he is greasy looking... and this is just addressing his looks. He's either truly, terribly mentally ill, or he's s horrific monster.

No, you're not "bad" for thinking Hojo doesn't look ugly. lol I've seen quite a few people say online that he's good looking. Personally, I don't understand the appeal, but everyone is entitled to their opinion when it comes to something as subjective as looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that stuff.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
1-C SOLDIER should be a 1st Class SOLDIER, but is also placed into the "C" classification. It makes me wonder if there is a B or an A Class as well. (Or maybe even a S Class).
No, it's just 1C = 1st Class, 2C = 2nd Class, 3C = 3rd Class. Roche is called 3rd Class in the JP press and 3-C in English.

If the Sector 7 Employee Housing is visitable, I wonder if that means Denzel’s parents house will make an appearance, even as just an Easter egg. I hope the Sector 5 plate is visitable in addition to the slums, since that’s where Reeve’s mother lives, it would be cool if she is included in the game.
There doesn't seem to be anything explicitly connected to Denzel currently.

Sector 7 Employee Housing is visited in Chapter 4 as a new section that has Avalanche making preparations for the Mako Reactor 5 mission. It's where Roche appears, and where you get the new bike chase and parachute sequences.

Last edited:

Roxanne

Lv. 1 Adventurer
We cannot be linking to content rips, please refrain kthx
For those who are interested in the complete Soundtrack in a Losless (!) Rip converted into .FLAC Files:

MOD EDIT: Link removed

PS: Yes, I converted the proper .MAB Files as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Am I bad for saying that I do not believe Hojo is ugly (as said, I think he looks like Auron a bit), but he is greasy looking... and this is just addressing his looks. He's either truly, terribly mentally ill, or he's s horrific monster.

No, you are not, and nope, he's not bad looking right now (my Martin Landau comparison was actually a compliment :monster:), only I have a bias because I know how much of a monster he is. Also, that smirk is quite chilling.

Sadly, FF does tend to fall into the not-magazine-cover-beautiful = evil trope, with the exceptions being evil beautiful people. Both Reeve and Scarlet are hot as shit. Even Shinra’s gotten a makeover.

In the OG, I would have said that Hojo’s forehead was his most prominent feature. Now it’s definitely his jowels and lips. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder — cliche but true. He’s not “conventionally attractive” but who is? It’s all airbrushing these days anyway. No one should feel bad for having a broader palette of physical appreciation than Cosmo mag. In fact, it’s practically a guarantee.

You are right, and FF has fallen in that trope in every game, but Reeve was already attractive in DoC, and he has now as much of that "mature handsomeness" as I had expected. Scarlet was hot in the OG too, only we now see her with more polygons. Shinra's remade to look like his son, who got the HD remodel for ACC. (Maybe XV broke the mould with a main villain who was hansome without being a bishonen, if I'm not mistaken)

The OG was cartoony as hell, with many facial features exagerated to get that manga feeling, and that was Nomura's early style; not so much in the Remake, where they are supposed to have a more realistic look, with Nomura having evolved in his style and getting Roberto Ferrari as co-designer. Heck, when I played the OG back in the day (I was 16), I never felt disgusted at Hojo for his physical appearance, but for all the monstruosities he did to everyone crossing his path. Sure, I felt a bit sick at the stomach when he said who his son was, only because I couldn't get my head around who in her sane mind would marry such a horrible, horrible person, forget looks. And when DoC came out I was rather thrilled at finally seeing Hojo as a twenty-something man, to see how much of him was in his son... Yeah, still waiting :monster:

Last edited:

Metal Heart

quiet like a fight
Curious, but how sure are we all this stuff such as the dialogues will be in the actual game? I know when people hacked into the FFXV and leaked it there was a lot of stuff that was supposed to be in the game, but wasn't in the final cut. (Like Luna being playable, etc.)

It's why I'm taking all this with just a grain of salt atm. Because like, some of this just seems way out of place.:doh:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
What is a major difference between FFXV and FFVIIR is that we know how the story of FFVIIR has to go more or less. We also have all the dialogue from the OG that we know has to happen in some size, shape or form. So it's not that hard to match up leaked dialogue with the OG dialogue the leaked dialogue is most likely an analogue for. We have a list of characters that existed in the OG and who were playable. And we know who the majority of the cast has to be in the first place and what all their characters were like in the OG. So there's a lot information we already know just because this is a remake and we're comparing the things we already know to whatever leaks come up.

Example: In the OG, Hojo tells President Shinra that he's comparing Aerith to Ifalna, Aerith's mom. And that whatever experiments he wants to do on Aerith will take to long to finish in Aerith's lifetime. So he wants to breed her with something so Aerith's Cetra genes can be around that long.

In the leaked Remake dialogue, this has been expanded a bit and in addition to all of the above info, Hojo talks about what type of experiments he would want to breed Aerith with. It also includes more of the Shin-Ra Execs throwing out suggestions because we now aren't limited to just text boxes, but have actual cutscenes.

It's actually really interesting pulling up the script of the OG and comparing it to the leaked dialogue, since most of the time, the original meaning is still all there in the leaked dialogue, it's just that how that meaning is gotten across is a lot less... stilted. And more references to the rest of the Compilation are thrown in. Or nods and winks to other things in the OG that people who have already played it will pick up on(Sephrioth's new dialogue goes this route a lot).

There's actually very few things I would say are completely new as opposed to the timing of when we learn of them being shuffled around in the story. Or the game devs having more time to develop side content.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It's actually really interesting pulling up the script of the OG and comparing it to the leaked dialogue, since most of the time, the original meaning is still all there in the leaked dialogue, it's just that how that meaning is gotten across is a lot less... stilted. And more references to the rest of the Compilation are thrown in. Or nods and winks to other things in the OG that people who have already played it will pick up on(Sephrioth's new dialogue goes this route a lot).

As predicted, I am a major humbug about all the nods and winks to the Compilation and the OG story beyond Midgar. I haven’t looked much at the leaks beyond pictures and item/materia lists but what I have seen really farts my balloon.

I’m still optimistic for a fun experience, and I’m quite convinced that I will enjoy myself, but I was secretly hoping that the Remake would replace the clunky old OG in my heart. Doesn’t look like that’s gonna be the case. Surprising no one.

AKA
Alex
Curious, but how sure are we all this stuff such as the dialogues will be in the actual game? I know when people hacked into the FFXV and leaked it there was a lot of stuff that was supposed to be in the game, but wasn't in the final cut. (Like Luna being playable, etc.)

It's why I'm taking all this with just a grain of salt atm. Because like, some of this just seems way out of place.:doh:

We don't. A similar case happened with Mass Effect 3 when, a few months before the game came out, a demo leaked on XBox Live that was pulled down a day later. The demo itself was an earlier version of the prologue (escaping Earth) that had some slightly alternate dialogue. However, the goldmine in the demo files was what was purported to be a script for the game. There were plenty of discussions about it in the months and weeks leading up to release, with people thinking they knew what the game would be about.

Turns out the demo leak files (which comprised a plot summary and breakdowns of missions) was from a much earlier story concept that was drastically changed before the final. The story it described was completely different to that of the final game.

I'm not necessarily saying it's the exact same situation here (for one, we have the in-development screenshots/enemy and weapon lists to back some of this stuff up)... but a lot could have changed in the months since this demo was created.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I was looking through the script of the game and I did notice that there was one very minor change in the dialogue Tseng says in the TGS 2019 trailer. In the script, he said, "You led me on a merry chase, Aerith." Whereas in the trailer, he said, "You led us on a merry chase, Aerith." It's a very tiny change, but it does slightly point, at least to me, to that the script in the demo is not the finalized version.

So, yeah, who knows what the complete game will have.

Metal Heart

quiet like a fight
We don't. A similar case happened with Mass Effect 3 when, a few months before the game came out, a demo leaked on XBox Live that was pulled down a day later. The demo itself was an earlier version of the prologue (escaping Earth) that had some slightly alternate dialogue. However, the goldmine in the demo files was what was purported to be a script for the game. There were plenty of discussions about it in the months and weeks leading up to release, with people thinking they knew what the game would be about.

Turns out the demo leak files (which comprised a plot summary and breakdowns of missions) was from a much earlier story concept that was drastically changed before the final. The story it described was completely different to that of the final game.

I'm not necessarily saying it's the exact same situation here (for one, we have the in-development screenshots/enemy and weapon lists to back some of this stuff up)... but a lot could have changed in the months since this demo was created.

This is another reason. SE has yet to say anything. If these were legit stuff being leaked like why haven't they made a statement? Sounds like they aren't that worried about what we've seen so far. Could all be faked like a decoy to mess with fans.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
If this was stuff that wasn't in the game, then Square must be really paranoid. :monster:
I think you mean: If these are things that will not be in the game... we should all be very concerned that the game isn't going to be the Final Fantasy VII Remake in any size, shape or form.

Since the majority of the content lying around in the demo looks an aweful lot like what FFVIIR should more or less look like.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
They don't need to make a statement. Their statement are the DMCAs they send to shut up the leakers and pull down the videos.

Of course not all of this may be in the final version but...

If this was stuff that wasn't in the game, then Square must be really paranoid. :monster:
It's entirely possible they could still be strict with regard to unused proprietary assets. Not that I think we're seeing much here that isn't going to be used, mind you.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]

Roche kills me. I'm glad I've chosen him to be my profile pic.

The conversation between Cloud and Aerith that Makoeyes987 had previously posted is legit according to Twitter:

Oh my GOD. Roche is such a neckbeard.

It feels good to have a justification for hating him already.

Last edited:

Random Nobody

local roach
Stuff on the Whispers/Guardians of Destiny
$ev_sbil0_2830_0210_blt_0,Oh great. These assholes again!,Barret
$ev_sbil0_2830_0210_blt_1,Probably some Shinra science experiment.,Barret
$ev_sbil0_2830_0220_red_0,Whispers.,Red XIII
$ev_sbil0_2830_0230_red_0,Perhaps best described as arbiters of fate.,Red XIII
$ev_sbil0_2830_0240_red_0,They are drawn to those who attempt to alter destiny's course and ensure they do not.,Red XIII
$ev_sbil0_2830_0250_tif_0,Like capital D... "Destiny"?,Tifa
$ev_sbil0_2830_0260_red_0,The flow of the great river that is the planet, from inception to oblivion.,Red XIII
$ev_sbil0_2830_0270_tif_0,And you're saying that that flow is somehow...fixed?,Tifa
$ev_sbil0_2830_0280_red_0,Yes. For it is the will of the planet itself.,Red XIII
$ev_sbil0_2830_0290_blt_0,So if we're destined for a bleak future, these Whispers will try to keep us on that course?,Barret
$ev_sbil0_2830_0300_blt_0,Now wait just a damn minute!,Barret
$ev_sbil0_2830_0300_blt_1,How in the hell can you possibly know any of that?,Barret
$ev_sbil0_2830_0310_blt_0,Spouting that cryptic stuff─which could all be bullshit!,Barret
$ev_sbil0_2830_0310_blt_1,I mean, ain't you a Shinra lab rat─dog?,Barret
$ev_sbil0_2830_0320_red_1,No, I'm not.,Red XIII
$ev_sbil0_2830_0330_red_0,When Aerith reached out to me...,Red XIII
$ev_sbil0_2830_0340_red_0,I found this knowledge of the Whispers.,Red XIII

Whispers/Guardians of Destiny monster bio
$menu_EnemyBookText_EB0020_00_FeelerPraeco_Standard,An accretion of Whispers, the so-called guardians of destiny. The creatures appear when someone tries to change destiny's course. They are connected to all the threads of time and space that shape the planet's fate.
$menu_EnemyBookText_SU0005_01_Bahamut_Boss_Feeler,Bahamut, recreated by the Whispers. It was formed by the coming together of three entities: Whisper Rubrum, Whisper Viridi, and Whisper Croceo.
D1UPrJ9XQAAVW4_.jpeg
I'm keeping an open mind but some of these things I'm reading about aerith's characterisation and the plot surrounding her are starting to worry me

Top Bottom