Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
^No thoughts so far from me, sorry. I already predicted this could have a Gainax ending that no one would like. I'm still praying that they prove me wrong.

By the way, this costume resembles Setzer's a bit. I like it.

Lex

Administrator
Every time I've thought something might happen in a FF game I've been totally wrong so I expect LR to be much the same :D.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Is there a plot twist that I'm expecting? I... sadly never played XIII-2 after how turned off I was by XIII :|

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
This game needs Noctis' prototype trailer outfit and the Dragoon outfit from FFXV's other trailer.

Mwynn

Tenderness
^Speaking of, that dragoon outfit kind of resembles Lightning's Equilibrium outfit, no?

And as for the ending... yeah, no thoughts here as well. It's quite hard to predict with what we've seen so far, really. Well I have my headcanons, but they're a bit farfetched lol.

More pictures of the other Samurai outfit variations:

tumblr_mrb5vytOKO1rfe186o1_250.jpg
tumblr_mrb5vytOKO1rfe186o2_250.jpg
tumblr_mrb5vytOKO1rfe186o3_250.jpg
tumblr_mrb5vytOKO1rfe186o4_250.png

Yeah, they're really small.

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Regarding people's expectations of the plot: Final Fantasy has been doing time-loops since as far back as the first one, so it's nothing new. :monster:

What I expect will likely happen is this:

---We could very well get an ending if we just sat around doing nothing except wandering around towns and shops all day.
---We could get an ending where Lightning turns into the "calamity" that Noel's prophecy speaks of.
---We could get an ending that makes no sense (actually a few of those, some might be funny though).
---We could get another type of ambiguous Gainax ending (something with some philosophical statement ala Metal Gear Solid 2).
---We could get a Fanservice Ending (yes you know it happens).
---We could get a really GOOD ending (but have to seriously earn it).
---We could get a SECRET ending (something that ties it with the rest of the Nova Crystalis Mythos and maybe FFXV).

Groodon

That XIII guy
I just did it yesterday ^^
I pre-ordered it on the local gametop, hopefully they will give the pre-order bonus. The steelbox seems slick.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Welp, even if I don't pre-order there'll always be somebody hawking their receipt DLC codes on E-bay or something.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I don't care anymore I'm spoiling myself when the JP version hits twitchtv.

Lex

Administrator
Just remember to spoiler tag everything that goes in this thread if you're going to discuss it, because I'm not touching the story until it's released in February. The same goes for everyone else who's going to spoil themselves before February (I'm looking at you Hito :P).

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm just gonna put this out here, since I've been playing Final Fantasy 3 lately...

---I hope they put some balance into the Job Paradigms, because seriously, things like Geomancer and Bard are friggan broken.

Geomancer = Black Mage with Infinite (albeit random) ammo.
Bard = White Mage with similar abuseable conditions like healing every turn.

I'm also hoping the Sentinel Paradigm returns in an updated fashion. I liked being able to block and counter everything, or dodge/counter stuff.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I don't know what to do. On the one hand, I want to play unspoiled (it made the FFXIII-2 experience much more enjoyable). On the other hand, I may not be able to resist! :(

Lex

Administrator
I managed to resist/ avoid XIII-2 spoilers completely before it came out so I'm hoping the same thing happens here. If anything, it should motivate me to do more uni work to keep my head out of videogame land, which is actually really important this year :/

Dammit SE why the fuck is it coming out late here in this day and age *shakes fist*

Mwynn

Tenderness
I'm spoiling myself this November so I can get it over with lol. February is close to my finals so it's really important I'm not distracted by anything else.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I have no good reason for spoiling myself. I'm just going to be spoiled because I'm weak willed.

Also, the twitch streams are actually really fun, slightly manic, and full of people who have no idea what's going on but that just makes the experience better.

I hope leta does one again. TORIYAMAAAAAA

ForceStealer

Double Growth
While I'm not one of those so terrified of spoilers that I won't watch commercials or anything, I also won't willfully expose myself to the story, especially not the ending, before I even play it.

Also, I'm looking forward to this game more for the gameplay than the story which, frankly, lost me in 13-2 so it shouldn't be too hard to resist.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
^ Regarding that... it's been confirmed that
I have no idea what happens on the game. But seriously, they did say that...
Got you :D

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Sazh is back, and yes, he's still wearing the same outfit. :monster:

zkh7wk.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Sazh is back, and yes, he's still wearing the same outfit. :monster:

zkh7wk.jpg

..... Do they just like
not know what to do with him or something

are Sazh's clothes utterly eternal or something

Top Bottom