Love Triangle Spoiler Thread

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
And yes, SE really wants us to 'get' that Z/A is and always will be a pairing, such as telling us Zack is always by Aerith's side, and then giving us the imagery at the end of the movie.

Lol, that's just your frustration about Clerith being canon talking. :lol:

Indeed. But you have to flip the genders, of course. Edward is SpiritAerith, and Bella is the version of Cloud who thinks nothing but Aerith matters and just uses people (like Tifa) while he can't have his OTL.

Funny thing is, i've seen firsthand that alot of the pinkers over at CxA forums hate twilight for some reason.
:monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Interesting point. How much do you think Cloud knew about the two of them? Did Zack ever talk to him about Aerith when he was alive? Obviously he must know they knew each other, since they walked away together into the light at the end.

I would think that he does know.. Considering Aerith states in the game a few times "ZACK was my first LOVE." And then at the end of CC, Zack tells Cloud to say hi to Aerith for him. It was such a cute line, and I think it was his spirit, but... who knows. Plus the fact that they walk off together after knowing that they've BEEN together BEFORE isn't painfully obvious?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes, I saw that too Celes, but I dismissed that as the blatant projection it so obviously was.

My only frustration comes from what seems the complete inability of their number to craft an argument for the canonicity of their ship which is logically consistent and does not assume the consequent they intend to demonstrate.

Intellectual dishonesty makes Ryu a very angry man.

And Shushu, I know they do, but they hate it for much the same reasons they LIKE C/A. It does not make much sense.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Interesting point. How much do you think Cloud knew about the two of them? Did Zack ever talk to him about Aerith when he was alive? Obviously he must know they knew each other, since they walked away together into the light at the end.
...well now that you mention it, maybe Cloud did put two and two together.
There's the bit about Zack being serious about a girl and sending a letter to his folks. He did mention that she lived in Midgar and that she lived with her mother. Then he sees them together leaving in AC.

Possibly.

EDIT: Right. And as Channy said, Aeris told him he was a Soldier First Class and that Cloud looked like him. She also said he disappeared for years at around the same time Zacky-boy died.

Ja, he prolly knows now that I think about it. I'd be surprised if he didn't, especially since he saw them leave together at the end.

Last edited:
...well now that you mention it, maybe Cloud did put two and two together.
There's the bit about Zack being serious about a girl and sending a letter to his folks. He did mention that she lived in Midgar and that she lived with her mother. Then he sees them together leaving in AC.

Possibly.

Lol. Cloud is a rabid Zerith shipper. Thats the only reason he'd put the buster sword in Aerith's church and plant her flowers on his grave. :duhard:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Hey why do you guys think that Aerith was taken out of the credits? That actually kind of made me sad because I thought she looked really pretty in that shot. So what could their reasoning be? Did it no longer make sense to just be her since Zack had such a larger role?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I doubt Cloud actually planted them.

My romantic side is thinking that Aerith made them grow there herself. <3

Edit: Tenny, this couldn't possibly be the reason, but it seems it was taken away for the way people misinterpreted it. O_O That's the best reason I can think of so far, xD.

Isabella

Your Mom
@Tenny:
Because they're trying to emphasize that Aerith and Zack are always together. :monster:

Though it might have been cool to add Zack rather than take away Aerith, but what would you have them doing together in the flowers? Frolicking? XD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
They could have just been standing there, looking away, then suddenly looking at Cloud at the last minute. XD

Or whatever. Give us pretty Aerith in her FFVII outfit with proper lighting for once, and more Zack just for the sake of more Zack is never a bad thing. :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think she was taken out to make a better fit for the post credit sequence, where she's no longer lonely watching from beyond the grave, but reunited in more ways than one with Zack.

Though that does remind me, is Reminiscence revised?

Need to watch it and Turbulence now.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Well, the original AC script never intended to physically have her there anyway.

They had 'remnants of Aeris' watching over, but no one saw her, not even Cloud when he drove by. The script explicitly says this. I guess they decided to completely do away with her because it was kind of unnecessary?
And prolly because they wanted to further emphasize Zeris (especially with CC having come out before) by making their last appearance be one where they are together :)

They could have just been standing there
Yes, but it would have taken away from the impact of their last exit (like it did in the original anyway).
I guess they realized that.

Last edited:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
How could you all be so blind! This was all just a vast conspiracy set up by Tifa to kill off Zack and Aerith so she could get her Cloud wuv on. Oh yes, I have proof of Tifa deliberately blocking Zack's calls to Aerith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vsDycHPuqk

YOU CAN'T DENY IT!

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Though that does remind me, is Reminiscence revised?

Need to watch it and Turbulence now.

YES! Now this is what I am really excited for... <3 It was quite interesting in the original AC, and I am very curious as to what has been added.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
How do people think Aerith and Cloud met up, if the ORIGINAL SCRIPT says something completely different? O_O I still dont get where that conclusion came either..

or do they think the Script lies too?

and I agree with Ryu, there's no need for Aerith looking sad as Cloud passes by her in the original credits, because there's no reason to be sad, after all, shes with Zack ;)
that's the most logical explanation...

COME ON REVISED ULTIMANIASSS!!

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
@Tenny:
Because they're trying to emphasize that Aerith and Zack are always together. :monster:

Though it might have been cool to add Zack rather than take away Aerith, but what would you have them doing together in the flowers? Frolicking? XD

Sex. There's no way the Cleriths would have been able to misinterpret that. :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom
Thanks for the mental image. Cloud's driving by, looks over and sees Zack and Aerith getting it on by the side of the road. Whoa!

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
"Hey! The two of you have the entire lifestream to schtup in! Stop having sex where I can see you idiots! IT'S OLD, OKAY!"

I'd love to see the spin on that scene, though.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
No room for ambiguity with that ending. :awesome:

Though really, if anyone could still misinterpret that, pinkers would. :wacky:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yeah there is.

Cloud drives by, sees Zack rolling all over his woman so then he takes out his sword and Omnislashes the shit out of Zack, version 8.2.5. And then Aerith takes in Zack's lifestream energy which makes her human, and then the two ride off into the sunset.

:monster:

Top Bottom