Love Triangle Spoiler Thread

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
But then again, one can say Cloud watching Tifa by her window and stealing her panties is kinda the stalker type too. :wacky:

Cloud is the certified original stalker.

I really never had a problem with the Calling scene with Aerith because when I first saw it I thought SE was just taking artistic liberties (like the oh so controversial picture of her and the airship that never happened in VII). So I thought people *coughClerithscough* were obviously over thinking it.

But the fact that they took it OUT of the ending just goes to show I was over thinking, to assume they were taking artistic liberty when maybe they just wanted to start some controversy? XD

I think that scene simply became more than it ever deserved to be. They might have taken Aerith out because it's just a repeat of the ending scene, only we see Cloud driving away as opposed to Aerith and Zack leaving. Maybe they wanted to portray a more definitive ending where Aerith departed to where she belongs, her job is over she doesn't need to watch over anyone anymore.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I think that scene simply became more than it ever deserved to be.

This is very true. As a fan of the game I can see why Aerith would be shown watching over Cloud, as he was supposed to watch over her (bodyguard, anyone) but the romantic spin was entirely fan derived. Removing it, I think, is necessary for the message of ACC to be cemented.

This time around the movie is clearly about family, acceptance and moving on with life. To show Aerith lingering would defeat that.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I should point out, since I missed this thread the first time around:
By Kira, stop comparing that to Twilight. :monster:

And to be fair, one can also say Tifa was stalking Cloud in KHII (obviously she wasn't).

But then again, one can say Cloud watching Tifa by her window and stealing her panties is kinda the stalker type too. :wacky:

I wasn't comparing canon FFVII to Twilight, just Clerith!FFVII. :awesome:

fair point about Cloud though :wacky:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
But unlike twatlight, I don't think anyone here is saying stalkecloud was a good thing. At best, it's an excusable thing because he was a kid, but it's not something to emulate.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
All I know is people only steal other people's panties when they want to get at what's inside them.

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila
OT: Did anyone notice that Denzel's actual parents look a lot like Kuraudo and Teefa? Daddy-o is blond and mommy looks like Teef with hair up (straight). LOL
They're not even tryin to be subtle.

It's the first thing I noticed but I didn't post it... mainly since I'm not ~desperate to find proofz~.

The parallels are hard to ignore. The photos are constantly placed beside each other, and both couples are lined up together in the OVA.

Denzel's dad = Cloud with Tifa's eyes
Denzel's mom = Tifa with Cloud's eyes
their coloring + normal domesticated lives = Denzel

it doesn't matter whether or not Zack told Cloud about Aerith (Zack didn't really talk much about himself with Cloud, even in CC), since Aerith herself told Cloud everything several times.

Yeah, Cloud already knew this... kinda strange people are saying that he had no clue.

unless.. the Koibito thing about Aerith ends up being true.. but then again, they have a whole essay why it can be Koi____ Bito....a part of me wants this to be true just for amusement
I love how one Japanese blog post (that's right, blog post) causes their views on koi_bito to be switched right around.

Why wouldn't he remember conversations they had?
By this logic Cloud wouldn't remember Aerith existed.

Now that the scene has been deleted, it can never be said that Cloud and Aerith still meet each other to this point.
It was never possible to begin with... There was something about Cloud taking a day off and chilling with the crew, and they end up taking that group photo which was seen after the credits. Someone pls elaborate, I barely remember this stuff..

Isabella

Your Mom
It was never possible to begin with... There was something about Cloud taking a day off and chilling with the crew, and they end up taking that group photo which was seen after the credits. Someone pls elaborate, I barely remember this stuff..
I wonder though if that picture was taken that day. Why did Cloud ride all the way out to Barret's to pick up gifts for the kids if they were gonna get together the next day? I guess you could argue Barret didn't know about the get-together because it was impromptu. Eh, I guess there is no right or wrong answer. I just like the idea of Cloud spending some quality time with Tifa and the kids. It would make a nice resolution to Tifa pining for some famly time with Cloud in CoT. :)

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Why did Cloud ride all the way out to Barret's to pick up gifts for the kids if they were gonna get together the next day? I guess you could argue Barret didn't know about the get-together because it was impromptu.

That would be the most likely explanation. No one other than Yuffie knew what was in the package that she'd left for Cloud.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I just figured the photo was taken the same day Cloud woke up in the church. The day off can involve taking the family out to visit the hero's marker. Or having a picnic in the flowers with the family like that one comic depicted.

And what Yuffie left for Cloud was a closed sign and a little something for for Tifa... to wear for Cloud.

ceres

Lv. 1 Adventurer
It's the first thing I noticed but I didn't post it... mainly since I'm not ~desperate to find proofz~.

The parallels are hard to ignore. The photos are constantly placed beside each other, and both couples are lined up together in the OVA.

Denzel's dad = Cloud with Tifa's eyes
Denzel's mom = Tifa with Cloud's eyes
their coloring + normal domesticated lives = Denzel

I loved that parallel too, I was watching OTWTAS today and I noticed how Denzel's mom held his hand in the same way Tifa does, cute!

2a69xzp.jpg

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I do believe the analogies between Denzel's biological parents and C/T can best be summed up as "slathering a fine helping of Cloud and Tifa are his new parents you stupid ninnies across the compilation sandwich. Now eat it, pinkers. Eat it and like it."

It's almost enough to dust off the old Welltower baby crack theory for a spin.

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I do believe the analogies between Denzel's biological parents and C/T can best be summed up as "slathering a fine helping of Cloud and Tifa are his new parents you stupid ninnies across the compilation sandwhich. Now eat it, pinkers. Eat it and like it."

Meet my new signature... :D

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay. Hang onto your panties folks. :monster:

Well...hitoshura has begun translating some of the novel. And started with the Case of Lifestream.

Case of Lifestream is divided into two, actually. Each entry of it is alternately shown at the end of the other OTWTAS chapters for the characters. First there's "Lifestream White" and then "Lifestream Black." Each one telling about the experiences of Aerith and Sephiroth respectively within the Lifestream.

In Aerith's, she senses Sephiroth thinking about Cloud. Cloud, who she describes as her friend and...

"koibito."

I sense lots of backpedaling, site changes, and removal of spaces in the near future.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Oh, yay. I figured it was her thinking of Cloud romantically. Color me unpanicked, ladies and gentlemen. What I'm curious is how badly Lifey white thoroughly torques Maiden's existence.

Oh, and Mako, there are two different kinds of Koibito, dontcha know. One you use when a statement of fact about Tifa is involved, and one when Materia Jesus is thinking of someone a particular way.

A

Great Old One
Well, you finally post here. :wacky:

Is that all hito said? Because I really would like to see what else there is after she states Cloud is her koibito.

It wouldn't matter anyways if she called Cloud her koibito. We had a creator speak of Tifa as a koibito (referring to Cloud), and Aerith is clearly calling herself Cloud's koibito is one-sided.

But seriously, this made me lol. I suspect them changing a lot of things about their claims how koibito can't be referred to anything romantic.

Much debating will begin... again. :wacky:

I got from Case of Yuffie that Cloud will eavesdrop on some conversation, and he'll talk to Yuffie about Tifa always being there for him and being the standpoint to his strength.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm not exactly sure. But yeah. I'm very curious as to what Aerith is thinking of, and what exact moment during FFVII leads her to such a conclusion.

It may be the date sequence and various other interactions they had while she was around. I just am very curious as to how this all turns out.

At the very least, we may now have Clerith's coming out of their hole, doing some actual debating using actual evidence other than subjective, inane conclusions based on BS. :monster:

It also talks about how "this woman" who was a Cetra was killed "by this man" and she has the ability to join the lifestream anytime she wants, but doesn't yet because she senses an evil presence lurking within the lifestream. And we all know who that is. She keeps her distance but senses the presence is thinking about Cloud heavily.

There's more. This is only the start. But I just thought I'd share what the facts were so far since it was pertinent to the thread. :monster:

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
At the very least, we may now have Clerith's coming out of their hole, doing some actual debating using actual evidence other than subjective, inane conclusions based on BS. :monster:
Don't count on it. :awesome:

Top Bottom