Love Triangle Spoiler Thread

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
I personally don't mind EITHER pairing tbh, and besides, I believe at one time Aerith might've had feelings for Cloud too and NOT just cuz he was mixed up with Zack's persona (btw he was not "pretending" to be Zack, his Jenova cells used Zack's persona as a base to rebuild Cloud's mentality after the mako-poisoning shattered his mind to near-pieces). Yes, Aerith had loved Zack before, and YES, I also believe she may have had feelings for Cloud too (the same goes that maybe Cloud had feelings for her as well), but you are right on that, Aerith is gone, and though she may or may not harbor feelings for Cloud still (and Zack as well) Tifa is the one who is alive and with Cloud so regardless, Tifa is the one who is able to be with him and they do harbor feelings for each other, so that's my point for ya. Tbph, there are just some things we may not truly ever know completely and it's a tad pointless for people to try and force things to be true, though by default, Tifa and Cloud are the ones who are still with each other regardless.

EDIT: Btw, Welcomez to de forumz, Trick-star ^_^!

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Reference

Likes The Bartender
Pfft. The problem isn't so much proving a pairing- it's denying the other. You're right, both existed at some point. The problem with the a certain point of view is that they can't let go; they continue to deny facts portrayed throughout the compilation and continue to dwell in the ideology of some past romantic intent (if there even was one to begin with). FFVII is a narrative. The compilation has to be looked at as a whole. One can't based everything off of [DISK ONE OF FFVII] and point out 'symbolic' proofs therein after of such love that may or may not have existed during that time.

:)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, their problem IS proving their pairing. Because they never do. They ignore proving their pairing and instead continually try and deny the existence of the other. They can't establish a case for the pairing they claim as so. And that is the problem.

Reference

Likes The Bartender
No, their problem IS proving their pairing. Because they never do. They ignore proving their pairing and instead continually try and deny the existence of the other. They can't establish a case for the pairing they claim as so. And that is the problem.

"No, their problem IS proving their pairing." I LOL'd at this! I thought this was a pun. :lol:

But then I realized you actually misunderstood. What I meant by 'problem' was the 'drama' and between the shippers.

"They ignore proving their pairing and instead continually try and deny the existence of the other. " <-- This is what I said!!! Don't say 'No" then agree... unless it really was a pun. :lol:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
We essentially agree, but I think the problem is more in that they will not and cannot support their claims, and that their inability to do so is what leads to their attempt to trash 'the opposition'. My point is that what causes problems for us is predicated by their problem with supporting their own claims.

Reference

Likes The Bartender
We essentially agree, but I think the problem is more in that they will not and cannot support their claims, and that their inability to do so is what leads to their attempt to trash 'the opposition'. My point is that what causes problems for us is predicated by their problem with supporting their own claims.

Yeah. That's true. If you can't make it right, make the other wrong. :lol:

vitalstar

Rookie Adventurer
sorry to interrupt you guys, but if anyone want's to see some new pics of the movie, i've posted a link on the SCENE CHANGES *SPOILERS* thread

people who don't want spoilers- look away!^_^

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Btw, I already see my post on the C/A forum.

You poor soul. *hugs*

2chan is some sort of Japanese Forum, then?

the problem is more in that they will not and cannot support their claims

If you ask them to answer a certain question, they will ignore it until it's forgotten, or suddenly say that they have no time to post their answer, but continue with other parts of the LTD anyway. Their problem is the inability to lie!:whistle:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, seriously, no one has anything else to say on this development? C'mon.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I'm really amazed. Wasn't her forgiveness important to him...? What's SE trying to do by taking it out?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
They're moving it, presumably. The forgiveness of the fallen seems to be taking a backseat to the focus on rising to being a hero. It's a valid theme of the movie, but I do not fault them for continuing with/ emphasizing the theme of trying to be a hero.

Alternately, they are specifically flipping the bird to all the rabid aernetters out there. From what I recall, they've never liked them much since the death threats.

Well, like Isabella said, it could be a misunderstanding. The way the blogger phrased his/her sentence is kinda vague. IF he/she was referring to "Calling" and not the scene where Cloud expresses his desire to be forgiven...at least we know there are others outside the pink forum who believed Cloud met Aerith at the end of AC. Is that crazy?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
^ Agreed :monster:

And again. Getting a ghost vision from a dead chick while riding a bike is just really weird. And kinda out of place. So I don't miss it.

I don't really see how it could be misunderstood for Calling since it doesn't show Cloud meeting Aerith during that ending sequence at all. Ever. Its just him driving his bike past some flowers, and Aerith watching. He doesn't see her.

I doubt he's talking about that at all.

Last edited:

pESCAbAdA

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I'll personally be both upset and angry if it's true they cut that scene out. I'm not a Clerith fan by any means, I'm Cloti through and through, but that doesn't stop Aerith from being one of my favorite characters and someone who means a lot to Cloud, someone whose forgiveness he's seeking ALONG with Zack's. This makes it seem like Square almost forgot she existed. I thought they kept trying to reiterate the fact that he seeks both of their forgiveness. So now we have AC being almost exclusively Aerith and ACC being almost exclusively Zack. Where's the happy medium!?

...This honestly killed my excitement for the movie.

I mean I'm all for more Zack but this seems a tad ridiculous. And not that I mean to argue with you Mako, but I'm just curious since you said it in the other thread, if meeting with Aerith spiritually in the flowerfield seems silly to you, what's your stance on him meeting with Zack spirtually during the Sephiroth fight? It's sort of a similar occurance, wouldn't you say?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, the 'meets midway' thing suggests it's on the way to forgotten capitol. Got any context? What is discussed alongside?

That is all really. Nothing more to it....But I do think we should all calm down.

Well after that paragraph, he/she did discuss Cloud and Tifa visiting Zack's graves, putting Aerith's flowers there, and then visiting Aerith's church. It can be assumed that the blogger was concluding his/her article and could have been referring to "Calling".

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
OOOOOOoooh.

So that's the context of it? He mentioned the ending of ACC and what was new, AFTER talking about how Cloud didn't have his meeting with Aerith?

Well then it could be talking about that calling bit.

But then I really have to ask how the fuck someone draws "Cloud meeting Aerith" from Cloud driving past a flower field and just Aerith watching him silently. That's so damn crazy and ridiculous. I never saw it that way at all. :monster:

A

Great Old One
i just joined cause i hate this cloudxaerith stuff...she is DEAD...she walked away with ZACK! who was her bf! and she only liked cloud cause he pretend to be like zack, tifa knows the real cloud and likes him for that, at the end of the movie, cloud smiles at tifa, and aerith walks away with zack, i dont hate aerith, love the character, and i dont fav tifa over her, just pay attention to the story and dont make it up urself, cloud and tifa are a great match, ditto for aerith and zack, i feel sorry for zack, everyone is saying his gf is with another man
Trickstar, I'm not a Clerith myself, but just because someone is 'dead' doesn't mean that a person can't stop loving someone. Though, I do agree that Zack + Aerith and Cloud and Tifa make a better pairing in my opinion. :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum! ^_^

Do not take it seriously! It's from 2chan, you know.
Yeah, 2chan... :monster:

Btw, I already see my post on the C/A forum.
I wonder if they saw my posts. :monster:

2chan is some sort of Japanese Forum, then?
Yep, it's like 4chan - except, of course, 4chan is a lot more dirtier from what I've seen. :aah:

http://thelifestream.net/forums/show...&postcount=122

Okay. Big news flash.

Cloud's little spiritual meeting with Aerith while riding Fenrir is gone.

That's...actually kinda funny and I find its deletion pretty cool actually.
Wow, that is pretty big. But, that's kind of an important scene, in my opinion... why would they delete it? I liked that scene.

Okay, seriously, no one has anything else to say on this development? C'mon.
I'm looking, I'm looking.

OMG LOOK:

http://ffplanet.exteen.com/20090416/review-advent-children-complete

And I keep seeing mentions of a marriage. But, it's 2chan, so... *shrugs*

LOOK AT CLACK! 8D

P1050712s.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I wouldn't be surprised now if they were :monster:

Do they mention anything about the scene changes during Cloud's ride to the Forgotten City? If they mention a lack of Aerith there or say something about him seeing Aerith there, then we'll know.

They list these scene changes and stuff in the order they happen in the movie, right?

Top Bottom