SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

strippedpink

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
taiga
Regardless of any Cloud and Aerith stuff I think if you are a fan of Cloud and Tifa you are right to feel this way, don't think anybody expected even half of what they got, especially when you consider virtually all of it was non optional story stuff (though obviously the optional stuff was extremely good too)
Oh for sure, I am ELATED lol. I fully expected to have to wait for part 3 for the good stuff but man, this was some GOOD STUFF.

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
Oh for sure, I am ELATED lol. I fully expected to have to wait for part 3 for the good stuff but man, this was some GOOD STUFF.
I'll share with your excitement there!
As a Tifa fan, I'm very glad that she's getting her shine much earlier than I expected!
...the Zack fan in me is gonna have to wait for Part 3 for his moments,, though, even if that final fight with him participating sounds pretty hype (confusing lore stuff aside).

strippedpink

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
taiga
I'll share with your excitement there!
As a Tifa fan, I'm very glad that she's getting her shine much earlier than I expected!
...the Zack fan in me is gonna have to wait for Part 3 for his moments,, though, even if that final fight with him participating sounds pretty hype (confusing lore stuff aside).
Yes I agree! I'm so happy for her!! And I'm a big Zack fan too, I feel like it's pretty obviously setting him up for a part 3 reunion with Aer, they had some lovely foreshadowing too;; He's such an incredible dude

Hix

Pro Adventurer
I never really understood on why they put Zack in the game 🤣 I watched as Marlene said to him Aerith likes Cloud lolol

Are we still talking about this? Zack doesn't really care what the 5 year old kid has to say about someone "liking" someone else and neither should we. It barely even registers with him because it's just a kid being cute and he has every reason to be confident in his standing with Aerith.

There's plenty of fuel for the Zerith fire this time round and it's building up for the payoff in part 3!

Hix

Pro Adventurer
The LTD can be solved with 2 simple statements.

1) Tifa wins the LTD if Cloud loves both girls because Aerith dies.
2) Cloud kissed Tifa

As for Zack, I wont go into ending spoilers....But my boy shall get his reunion in part 3.

Would add to point 2 that, although some will say the GS date "didn't have an impact outside that specific scene" Cloud and Tifa nearly kiss on other occasions too - including when they are stopped, millimetres away from each others lips, by an impatient onlooking Yuffie. It's built up (yes, including by their disagreement and reconciliation) and the actual kiss is a huge payoff.

The Zerith reunion would sell me on part 3 alone. My boy will get the happy ending he deserves.

strippedpink

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
taiga
Yeah it feels pretty solved for me after all that, but I definitely hope that people enjoy their ships whatever they may be because there was a lot of goodness everywhere. I personally also LOVED seeing the girls together having fun, it was beautiful

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
I never liked the trope of girls being catty with each other over guys. That's such a trend in soap operas my mom used to watch.
Aerith and Tifa bonding would be totally up my alley! Bonus points if it passes the Bechdel Test xD

The Zerith reunion would sell me on part 3 alone. My boy will get the happy ending he deserves.
It better! Zack is too precious and he most definitely deserves a happy ending!

Reactions: Hix

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
Just saw the kiss scene and had to log in after maybe a year to comment that I was not expecting that in this game (especially coming from Cloud). I thought we were gonna get the a kiss in part 3 (like, for a tamer under the highwind scene), so I was setting my expectations on check.

At this point these two are gonna go the Clive and Jill route, no ambiguity, no second guesses, nada.

I can feel the peace! lmao 🤣 Free from this debate.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I was sleeping :pinkmonster: :pinkmonster:

Also my ps5 did eventually come today, but I went for sleep, then I have still have to set the ps5 up, play and download the game and I'll trying to stay away from the internets and people arguing about the ending and stuffs so I can enjoy things in more peace.

PS apart from me, some people don't usually come here.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
man there was so much going on with the ending and shipping is probably like the least important part of all that. but near the end i did think that
it was kinda weird how we got this emotional moment (that could be interpreted as romantic) with cloud crying and than smiling at aerith multiple times, there was handholding and some cinematic shots. but then by the end of the game cloud's just like "k aerith be careful byee, i'm off with the others now"
My interpretation to that scene
Cloud doesn't believe she is dead

Rfcloud88

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Ichie
Just saw the kiss scene and had to log in after maybe a year to comment that I was not expecting that in this game (especially coming from Cloud). I thought we were gonna get the a kiss in part 3 (like, for a tamer under the highwind scene), so I was setting my expectations on check.

At this point these two are gonna go the Clive and Jill route, no ambiguity, no second guesses, nada.

I can feel the peace! lmao 🤣 Free from this debate.
People continue to fight on both sides omg 😂. I was watching scenes on YouTube and people are arguing on who Cloud is suppose to be with. What about Zack?😭

Axiom

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Axiom
On the ending:

Im inclined to believe that Cloud isnt seeing Aerith because he's crazy. Nanaki was able to sense Aerith when she touched him. Rather, that is literally Aerith's ghost. And she's going to pass on to the lifestream or body hop into Zack's timeline now.

As for Cloud, he is going crazy. But like it happens long before the ending sequence. He starts quoting Sephiroth and even fighting like Sephiroth throughout the game. Tifa picks up on all of this. She and Barret notices that he's a bit too chill about Aerith's death. All is probably heading towards Cloud's final breakdown at the Northern Crater. Cloud will probably talk about how Aerith just went home and isnt dead, and the party will call him out on it.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
My interpretation to that scene
Cloud doesn't believe she is dead

My interpretation to that is they paired his reaction to Aerith death same with Zack's
Cloud cannot accept Zack's death either but on his death Jenova's cells kicks in he's still denial of it ( can't remember him or what happened) ~ same with Aerith but it not like he can just "forgot about her" sooo they made it look like's he's crazy he's seeing her ghost and still denial of her death.

In his eyes Cloud guilt starting now in reference to ACC - his two friends who help him did not die! They will fight with me ( Zack and Aerith )

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
My interpretation to that is they paired his reaction to Aerith death same with Zack's
Cloud cannot accept Zack's death either but on his death Jenova's cells kicks in he's still denial of it ( can't remember him or what happened) ~ same with Aerith but it not like he can just "forgot about her" sooo they made it look like's he's crazy he's seeing her ghost and still denial of her death.

In his eyes Cloud guilt starting now in reference to ACC - his two friends who help him did not die! They will fight with me ( Zack and Aerith )
Exactly. They're really building up to Cloud's mental break in the 3rd game

Last edited:
Top Bottom