SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
They couldn't stand Chapter 9 and the foreshadowing of Tifa helping fix Cloud, so they probably have convinced themselves that that snippet in Rebirth was enough, so it'll all be about Aerith helping Cloud through it instead, and Cloud coming to terms with her death and wanting to die to be with Aerith, but she's not really dead and he's going to doom the main reality so he can go be with Aerith in another one or something. Every theory they have is a giant dumpster fire, sorry, and shows that they don't understand even the most basic aspects of the story. They also said "Cloud's mental state is FINE. He's FINE. He's seeing Aerith alive in the reality he saved her in and it's going to irreversibly damage him when he realizes it's not the reality he's in"

These are literally people who have become somehow so incredibly attached to fictional characters they've watched through YouTube videos, out of context, and decided that they somehow know even better than the devs themselves. Seriously, people need to stop paying any attention to them at all. As I've said, they thrive on making others upset with their delusions. It's a scourge on the fandom of this absolutely wonderful game in my favorite game series ever. end rant
Not naming any names but this is the first time I've gotten into the LTD online discourse and Twitter has some Clerith folks who are like... Actually possibly in love with Cloud. Like their posts make me borderline uncomfortable to read. It's low key disturbing. Also their reads on characters and situations are super bizarre. Eek.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
I must say, I do not understand this notion that’s being implied that Cloud wanting to die to be reunited with Aerith is a good thing.

I couldn’t stand the idea that if I died, my significant other spent the remainder of her days waiting to die so she can see me again…. Almost a “if I can’t have them, nobody can” mentality which is seriously messed up.

• She's gone
  • one thing Nojima wanted to imply in FF7 is life and death and with death this CANNOT BE REVERSIBLE. Its same reality on Zack's survival ( although timeline universe to be honest ) is still puzzle. They're both GONE and this cannot be reverse.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
  • She's gone
  • one thing Nojima wanted to imply in FF7 is life and death and with death this CANNOT BE REVERSIBLE. Its same reality on Zack's survival ( although timeline universe to be honest ) is still puzzle. They're both GONE and this cannot be reverse.
Yeah, I know. I’m just referring to the idea that Clerith fans think it’s romantic to desire death in order see your love.

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I know. I’m just referring to the idea that Clerith fans think it’s romantic to desire death in order see your love.
That argument always boggles my mind too because of ACC. Cloud very much does not want to die. Cloud is terrified of losing the happiness he gains and of failing to protect those he loves so he runs rather than face his own possible demise and the death of Denzel. If he wanted to die he would have... you know...

Funnily enough he does kind of die in ACC and the JP scene goes
C - Mother?
A - Again? Why does everyone keep calling me mother?
Z - Who cares? It means you're loved.
A - I don't want such a big kid.
Z - Too bad. She's saying there's no place for you here.

And he literally gets back and says ただいま which means 'I'm home'

None of this screams 'boy I really want to die and be reunited with my true love and her ex boyfriend'

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
That argument always boggles my mind too because of ACC. Cloud very much does not want to die. Cloud is terrified of losing the happiness he gains and of failing to protect those he loves so he runs rather than face his own possible demise and the death of Denzel. If he wanted to die he would have... you know...

Funnily enough he does kind of die in ACC and the JP scene goes
C - Mother?
A - Again? Why does everyone keep calling me mother?
Z - Who cares? It means you're loved.
A - I don't want such a big kid.
Z - Too bad. She's saying there's no place for you here.

And he literally gets back and says ただいま which means 'I'm home'

None of this screams 'boy I really want to die and be reunited with my true love and her ex boyfriend'
Not to mention those lines kinda imply that Aerith doesn’t really see Cloud as a potential romance anymore.

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
So… Cloud still in a wheelchair because no Lifestream… Tifa rolls him off the airship and leaves him outside alone so he and Aerith can have privacy while tsunaging all night
Lmao they're saying Zack and Aerith will guide him through the Lifestream. Tifa just getting yeeted to the background because she has no importance in their mind.

liuliuliu

Pro Adventurer
This forum feels pretty Cloti dominated. I really wish there are some reasonable Clerith here so I can get to know what they truly want from Cloud and Aerith given that Aerith is canonly dead now, and it probably won’t change in the future.
I have a friend who likes Aerith, but he only like Aerith and doesn’t ship her with anybody.
Shipper on X are in general more insane and got trigger easily by stating the fact that Aerith is dead..

Rose Alive

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Always hungry
Lifestream friends, the banter in this game is hilarious.

So I'm in the desert looking for the tonberry crown for Johnny. My party has Tifa and Yuffie in it. Yuffie is wondering about the tonberry and says she should clone Barret so he can blast him. Cloud's all no, they'd get caught in the crossfire.

So Yuffie says ok then, how about we clone Tifa?

Cloud does this hesitant grunt-sound, and Yuffie totally busts him. She's like oh, are you thinking naughty thoughts?

Cloud tells her to shut up.

Yuffie says ok then. I'll let you get back to being a perv.:P

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Lifestream friends, the banter in this game is hilarious.

So I'm in the desert looking for the tonberry crown for Johnny. My party has Tifa and Yuffie in it. Yuffie is wondering about the tonberry and says she should clone Barret so he can blast him. Cloud's all no, they'd get caught in the crossfire.

So Yuffie says ok then, how about we clone Tifa?

Cloud does this hesitant grunt-sound, and Yuffie totally busts him. She's like oh, are you thinking naughty thoughts?

Cloud tells her to shut up.

Yuffie says ok then. I'll let you get back to being a perv.:P
Yeah, Yuffie is a Cloti shipper in this game at all parts. Have you seen her gold saucer date?

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
This forum feels pretty Cloti dominated. I really wish there are some reasonable Clerith here so I can get to know what they truly want from Cloud and Aerith given that Aerith is canonly dead now, and it probably won’t change in the future.
I have a friend who likes Aerith, but he only like Aerith and doesn’t ship her with anybody.
Shipper on X are in general more insane and got trigger easily by stating the fact that Aerith is dead..
The time they did come here. They just kept going on about how Cloud was jealous of Aerith speaking about Zack, so he kissed Tifa. Which then everyone disproved here, and then they made a post saying how everyone was wrong, no further discussion, and then just left. Looking back and seeing this many posts back was very weird.

shady

Pro Adventurer
I think it's more like rather than being Cloti dominated or anti Clerith. It seems here people are more interested in understanding the story and it's characters, and the natural conclusion brings you to Cloud and Tifa as the "ship"

Nobody here is under the opinion that Cloud wanted to die in AC or that Cloud told Tifa at the end of the OG that He wanted to go meet Aerith in the Promised Land or whatever it was, I can give multiple more examples but Clerith's believe them all. Even prominent Clerith streamers claim these things like they are gospel and won't have anyone say otherwise.

Their characterizations is that Cloud either wants to die to be with Aerith or he's a monumental asshole who likes to trample over everyone and ruin other peoples lives -- including that of Tifa's -- in order to get to Aerith. For starters that's extremely OOC and incorrect, but secondly why would you even want someone like that to be with Aerith or Tifa? Let's not even get started on their characterizations of Tifa and Zack.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme

yeaah i know they can be... umm... ( i dont know the term we should use to describe them ) :mon: :mon: :mon: but you already know.. :P
They still think she can be saved in part 3 its CLOUD NEEDED savin there.. Sephiroth gonna twist his mind even more

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Lmao they're saying Zack and Aerith will guide him through the Lifestream. Tifa just getting yeeted to the background because she has no importance in their mind.
Now that is peak bro. One moment he’s cradling the love of his life after hurling telephone poles at helicopters to save her, then later he completes his arc by serving her up like a Foie Gras to his best friend.

Still I do wonder if she dumped Zack before or after he helped out in the Lifestream. Hopefully he at least got a pity kiss out of it.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
Their characterizations is that Cloud either wants to die to be with Aerith or he's a monumental asshole who likes to trample over everyone and ruin other peoples lives -- including that of Tifa's -- in order to get to Aerith. For starters that's extremely OOC and incorrect, but secondly why would you even want someone like that to be with Aerith or Tifa? Let's not even get started on their characterizations of Tifa and Zack.

i know! and Cloud is describe loyal by SE

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
All the reasonable Cleriths I know accept that Cloud moves on with Tifa and are just like 'aw man he and Aerith would have been so cute as a couple if she had survived.'
That said, my Clerith friends haven't played Rebirth so I'll be interested as to their take post this latest instalment as I feel it pushes Cloti much more heavily than the OG

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
Now that is peak bro. One moment he’s cradling the love of his life after hurling telephone poles at helicopters to save her, then later he completes his arc by serving her up like a Foie Gras to his best friend.

Still I do wonder if she dumped Zack before or after he helped out in the Lifestream. Hopefully he at least got a pity kiss out of it.
Man I hope he gets a happy ending though. Zack is the best. He was quite literally too good for the world. 😭

I feel like Cleriths ship shafts everyone so bad. For them it's like Aerith is cool because she's waiting for her manz to die, Zack is just in an eternal and really depressing friend zone (cause he literally died trying to reunite with her) Cloud is just miserable and waiting for death to be reunited with Aerith and Tifa is being used as a stand in girlfriend/co-parent/housewife with literally none of the benefits. Like Jesus Christ, what a depressing ship.

I'm all for people being like 'man I loved Cloud and Aeriths dynamic and wish she lived so we could've seen their potential relationship develop' and writing fanfics and generally being hyped about this idea but like... Heck... The ones who end the story thinking Cloud has such a miserable ending. Ick. I hate it.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer

Nah. Zack pity kisses Aerith because Cloud is emotionally unavailable.

The true romance was Clack all along.

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
Nah. Zack pity kisses Aerith because Cloud is emotionally unavailable.

The true romance was Clack all along.
This made me curious enough to look up the most popular ships on Ao3 and weirdly it's Cloud/Vincent, Cloud/Sephiroth and Cloud/Genesis(!???) that came up top. I am so intrigued lmao.

Top Bottom