SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
This is my fav Cloti Interaction in the game. I think it shows a lot of what I personally like about them. It's not even the hand grab thing, but the mutual comfort they can provide to one another ( on and off battles).

Also, I did speak about this in the Cloti Club, but It's very interesting how the "hero" theme was brought here again, but in a different context from both Aerith and Jessie calling Cloud their "hero".

Are you referring to the promise between Cloud and Tifa? Or are you referring 'hero' to everyone? It can and probably should be argued both ways.

In my opinion, I truly believe it was more personal 'hero'.

her Hero.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Are you referring to the promise between Cloud and Tifa? Or are you referring 'hero' to everyone? It can and probably should be argued both ways.

In my opinion, I truly believe it was more personal 'hero'.

her Hero.

Not exactly the promise.

I was referring to how both Jessie and Aerith called Cloud their 'hero' in different stances in the game ( when saved/helped by him), while here we have Tifa, the woman he promised to be the 'hero' for, saving him out while encouraging him to not give up easily and try his best if he wants to play the the 'hero'.

Idek how to interpret this really. It's just interesting.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think Tifa enjoys very much that Cloud plays hero for everyone lol. She really likes that side of him that tries his damn best to help everyone. Which doesn't diminish the promise in itself, nor that Cloud does try his best damn to be HER hero. He just happens to be everyone else's hero too lmao.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Not exactly the promise.

I was referring to how both Jessie and Aerith called Cloud their 'hero' in different stances in the game ( when saved/helped by him), while here we have Tifa, the woman he promised to the 'hero' for, saving him out while encouraging him to not give up easily and try his best if he wants to play the the 'hero'.

Idek how to interpret this really. It's just interesting.

To be honest, I vaguely remember the context in which Jessie calls Cloud her hero. Which she does a lot. I wouldn't say it was necessary sarcastic (although Jessie was sarcastic a lot in this game) Jessie my hero lines. Its kinda a long video.

With Aerith, I think it is a little more difficult to find, I only found once instance. Aerith My hero lines. I am sure there are more. If anyone else know of more please post them.

With Tifa, I think the only time she mentions hero is during the water tower flash back and the one post earlier.

Now, if we examine Cloud's facial expressions, during the scene at the Shinra building I think you are right about a mutual understanding and Tifa is encouraging him to do better.

Honestly now that I am thinking about it. It could be considered condescending in all honestly. Tifa should know that Cloud is doing the best that he can. I mean he stayed back so the rest can escape! Even though it was totally reckless and I think that is what Tifa was conveying with those lines.

Indeed Interesting thought process here!

edited to correct the last paragraph sentence structure.

Last edited:

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
I think Tifa enjoys very much that Cloud plays hero for everyone lol. She really likes that side of him that tries his damn best to help everyone. Which doesn't diminish the promise in itself, nor that Cloud does try his best damn to be HER hero. He just happens to be everyone else's hero too lmao.

This is the close I get from interpreting that scene, too. More like...Tifa doesn't need him to be her hero all the time, she can take care of herself (not that the other girls can't btw, just to be clear). Cloud initially respects her decision to go alone to Don Corneo's mansion bc he knows that, too.

It's just interesting that, in that scene, she's kinda the 'hero' of the situation, which is a reverse from what happens in other scenes where this theme is used. With her words, she becomes more of a supporter so he can become everyone's hero.

I don't think it diminishes the promise at all, only strengths to be honest. A relationship is a two-way street, so it's only fair and natural that she helps him, too. I think it puts them in a very mutual ground.

but then again, it can mean nothing and I'm just overanalyzing it.. who knows :lol::whistle:

Edit: @Graymouse I think this answer your reply too :)

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Why can't Cleriths be nice or try to find something positive in Tifa. Seriously, I've yet to see a Clerith that does not hold an imaginary grudge or chip on their shoulder when it comes to Tifa. It's sad, very wrong for trying to debate and prove their sides, as well as quite irksome.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Why can't Cleriths be nice or try to find something positive in Tifa. Seriously, I've yet to see a Clerith that does not hold an imaginary grudge or chip on their shoulder when it comes to Tifa. It's sad, very wrong for trying to debate and prove their sides, as well as quite irksome.

There's been quite a few cool Clerith d00ds over the years. Besides Maiden, I see a couple around the forums but I'm sure they won't come within 1000 miles of this topic. They stopped coming because:

A) This debate is unwinnable and soulcrushing.
B) Cleriths are outnumbered and dogpiled relentlessly. As a rehabilitating LTD dickhead, I confess I sat on my fair share.
C) There's plenty of implacable Aerith haters that got a free pass. Not necessarily this group but historically.
D) As a fanbase we're getting pretty old. Most just don't have time for this anymore.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
There's been quite a few cool Clerith d00ds over the years. Besides Maiden, I see a couple around the forums but I'm sure they won't come within 1000 miles of this topic. They stopped coming because:

B) Cleriths are outnumbered and dogpiled relentlessly. As a rehabilitating LTD dickhead, I confess I sat on my fair share.
C) There's plenty of implacable Aerith haters that got a free pass. Not necessarily this group but historically.
D) As a fanbase we're getting pretty old. Most just don't have time for this anymore.

E) Aerith dies, so it is a sinking ship anyways. (I say this lovingly and just a stab at low hanging fruit):whistle::whistle:

Re Tifa saying, "If you want to be the hero, you've got to be better than this."

So much going on in that line!
- Other girls take him at face value. ("You want to be the hero? My hero!") Tifa sees more of what's going on inside him
- Tifa encourages him to be the best he can be
- Tifa knows Cloud will take this kind of constructive criticism from her; it won't offend him or make him think less of her. They both know that she doesn't need to be admiring him all the time. It's not that kind of relationship.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I noticed on multiple play-throughs that during the end battle with Seph, I got different party members than I had when I first beat the game that joined the fight a bit later.

The first time playing it I got Tifa first, then Barret.

On my first play through when Tifa came into the party she asked Cloud "Need some help?" Which Cloud responded "I don't know about need..."

Tifa

My second time playing I got Aerith, then Tifa.

My second play through when Aerith came into the party first she asked "Did you missed me?" Which Cloud responds "Not really."

Aerith

Cloud's reaction to both girls situations could come off very aloof at times.

However, I think what Cloud says to Aerith is down right out dismissive IMHO.

Edited to add links.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

I don't even really know what the debate is, when it comes down to it

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

There is definitely a reason why Vendel got used in the example section of Tres’ 2013 article for irrational anti-Clerith Cloti fans IIRC.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Cleriths weren't the only ones guilty, tbh. Although they did create more nonsensical made-up bullshit, but it's all in the past and the Japanese impostor had been exposed.

But are we going to forget Clitos were once a thing?

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
can you refresh my memory on clito? all I remember was the joke ship "clitoris" name for cloud/Tifa/aeris

Yeah, it's a clitoris joke but they're also used to call extreme---sorry for the word--- 'pink-level' Cloud-Tifa shippers. Granted they didn't make up shit like koispacebito and WcDonalds, but they were so aggressive and maybe even possibly horny. They hate Aerith and bash her every chance they get. They were low on numbers, though, IIRC, hence didn't get quite the attention than 'Pink Church'.

I'll leave it at that. I don't want to dig up traumatic memories anymore.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Yeah, it's a clitoris joke but they're also used to call extreme---sorry for the word--- 'pink-level' Cloud-Tifa shippers. Granted they didn't make up shit like koispacebito and WcDonalds, but they were so aggressive and maybe even possibly horny. They hate Aerith and bash her every chance they get. They were low on numbers, though, IIRC, hence didn't get quite the attention than 'Pink Church'.

I'll leave it at that. I don't want to dig up traumatic memories anymore.
Lol that's pretty bad. From my short time on here, and talking about the LT, it seems like those Cloti fans (on here) apologized for past behavior.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
When I first got the final battle my sleep deprived ass thought Sephiroth added he's a tough one and Aerith said so what screw him basically telling Cloud to go screw himself lmao but turns out it was Cloud warning Aerith Sephiroth was tough and Aerith was saying screw Sephi. Anyway it's banter and throwback to their time together "that a compliment?" "not really?" Cloud and Aerith have a lot of banter like that, it's funny and I love it. The snark. Well same with Cloud and Tifa really, that's banter/snark too. The interactions/back and forths between the characters in this game is *chef's kiss* ?

Also anyone got in battle quotes, so far on my replay for hard (got to Wall Market) if a character is knocked unconscious Cloud says-

"Tifa!"

"I'm coming!" (both)

"you call yourself her bodyguard!?" (Aerith)

"Aerith, you ok?"

I'll keep an eye out for more, maybe Cloud says I couldn't keep my promise for Tifa? ?

Last edited:

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Lol that's pretty bad. From my short time on here, and talking about the LT, it seems like those Cloti fans (on here) apologized for past behavior.

Oh no, no, no... Clitos didn't last for long. I think they didn't last pass The Northern Crater days (although not too sure if they were still a thing back in the AC.net days because I like to forget they existed). I don't think anyone in TLS is a Clito, not even Vendel.

Like i said, they were low on numbers. Even most Cloti shippers are offput by them, and it was even theorized they're not really fans but trolls. But fandom is crazy so we'll never know. The thing about Clitos is the seeming horniness in their posts, hence the name 'Clito'. They have an unexplained obssession with Tifa's huge assets and Cloud's big sword (and they unreasonably hate Aerith)... I... I can't proceed anymore...

*shivers and cries*

EDIT: Sorry for bringing this all up. I promise I won't dig this up anymore.

Top Bottom