SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
Scanning through the ultimania stuff. So Zackbros got shafted again, looks like. There is almost nothing there except fluff like Zack would never abandon Cloud, Aerith's first love....

Really brings down the confidence they're going to do him justice. Maybe I'm just dooming, idk. At this point there is a possibility Zack will be fodder to keep CAs mollified with whatever they do with Cloti.

I just want to say that if it comes to this and Aerith wants to pine over Cloud and watch him get it on with Tifa from the lifestream, then kindly leave Zack out of it. Set him free. I would take him being alone but alive at the end, in exchange.

dw the devs have hinted at a big scene in the next game that wasn't in the original game that to me definitely sounds like Zack Aerith reunion tbh

https://x.com/aitaikimochi/status/1778673470882398372?s=46&t=ivxjxhkAU4je_TiXey-g9A

or it could be actual on screen Cloti Segs bait

cause the creators actually talk about what the fanbase wanted with the kiss lmao

Rin

Pro Adventurer
Just going by what Zack says when you examine stuffs in the room but yeah there could be a scene or something where he gives Aerith a book as her next gift and she teases him a little.

I'm dreaming but I still wish for the Aerith, Zack, alt Vincent, alt Cid, Cait Sith/Reeve, etc party in the alternate world.
Same to the latter bc I'm selfish hahaha. I really just want to see a version where everyone's together, living happily.

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
Same to the latter bc I'm selfish hahaha. I really just want to see a version where everyone's together, living happily.
they even said in the Ultimania they want to end it on a happy note where everyone is living together happily so I think it'll work out well. It might just be a bit messy lol

AncientGrimoire

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Grim
Just going by what Zack says when you examine stuffs in the room but yeah there could be a scene or something where he gives Aerith a book as her next gift and she teases him a little.

I'm dreaming but I still wish for the Aerith, Zack, alt Vincent, alt Cid, Cait Sith/Reeve, etc party in the alternate world.

My own personal one is them all going into business together

Cloud and Tifa run Seventh Heaven and Strife’s Delivery Service, with Aerith and Zack opening up a flower shop called Fair Borough Flowers, and Cloud runs their deliveries for them

We’d also get to see Tifa and Aerith’s shopping date where they buy things for the bar, and Cloud and Zack maybe getting drunk trying out Tifa’s new cocktail recipes

Alas…

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
dw the devs have hinted at a big scene in the next game that wasn't in the original game that to me definitely sounds like Zack Aerith reunion tbh

I'm leaning to something like that yeah.

Kitase wants his happy ending. Dev team don't. Aerith and Zack reunion is a way of giving them a sort of happy relief. It won't please every one, but I think this is where they're going with it.

Edit : I'm still thinking people dead in OG won't come back.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
I mean even here we have people going they're not canon but they all are so ...

I wouldn't say there is a general consensus on this since even here we have they're not canon but they all are :monsterstoned::smashedmonster:
Don't they just mean "no one single date happened, but each represents a faithful version of what WOULD have happened had said person taken Cloud on a date"?

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
I'm leaning to something like that yeah.

Kitase wants his happy ending. Dev team don't. Aerith and Zack reunion is a way of giving them a sort of happy relief. It won't please every one, but I think this is where they're going with it.

Edit : I'm still thinking people dead in OG won't come back.
This is the only image that has ever made me waver about not wanting a happy ending. 1712933449711.png

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I think we’ll get a walking off together into the Afterlife scene that’s similar to the Advent Children ending. This may be preceded by a reunion in which they talk to each other and are glad to be reunited.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
This is the only image that has ever made me waver about not wanting a happy ending. View attachment 15523
its such a sappy ending that i want and would abandon all stuff about keeping the themes of the game the same. It will never happen but if it did i wouldn't be that annoyed. basically im a hypocrite who wouldn't stand by any of my takes just to see so many tragic characters get a happy ending XD

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
I had this idle thought that's probably already been voiced but Tifa's story is basically finding real Cloud, Zack's is now finding Aerith, and Aerith wanting to find real Cloud but ultimately finding Zack through him.

As for the topic at hand, I wouldn't be opposed to an alt-timeline DLC or something where everyone gets to live happily together, lol.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I had this idle thought that's probably already been voiced but Tifa's story is basically finding real Cloud, Zack's is now finding Aerith, and Aerith wanting to find real Cloud but ultimately finding Zack through him.

As for the topic at hand, I wouldn't be opposed to an alt-timeline DLC or something where everyone gets to live happily together, lol.
I kind of want a post-Dirge DLC.

With fusion sword mechanics.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
This is the only image that has ever made me waver about not wanting a happy ending. View attachment 15523
I don’t know if I want a *super happy fan service ending. I just want something that shows me they are happy in the end of it all. Something that’s not just a smile from Cloud at the end of AC, and a few sentences in a novel.

It’s more that I want to see them living life after witnessing them go through horrible things.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Don't they just mean "no one single date happened, but each represents a faithful version of what WOULD have happened had said person taken Cloud on a date"?
That's the specific position I hold in general, yeah.

As for happy endings, that's what AUs are for.
I never finished writing it but I had some sketches on an altenate timeline where Zack manages to survive his last stand because Cloud managed to overcome his mako poisoning for a moment and go into one of his berserker fugue states. A lot of that fic was exploring how the timeline would necessarily change with Zack around, even before the start of the game.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
In english he's telling Dyne to accept Shinra's deal to help Marlene have a better life. Except... she's not born yet.. Scene takes place 6 years ago and Marlene is 4 in our present. So it's impossible.
OOOH yeah that's a very good point there. I totally didn't even realize the inconsistency with her age there, so that was on me not paying enough attention or connecting things i guess.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
That's the specific position I hold in general, yeah.

As for happy endings, that's what AUs are for.
I never finished writing it but I had some sketches on an altenate timeline where Zack manages to survive his last stand because Cloud managed to overcome his mako poisoning for a moment and go into one of his berserker fugue states. A lot of that fic was exploring how the timeline would necessarily change with Zack around, even before the start of the game.
It sucks that Zack’s fate is unknown as far as KH goes and probably won’t ever be elaborated on.

Except maybe that Sephiroth did something.

Who knows if we’ll even get a conclusion on the Cloud and Sephiroth plot too.

I’m still a bit salty that it looks like they’ll be dropping FF characters going forward. I know they weren’t a big part of the game but I did enjoy seeing them.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
It sucks that Zack’s fate is unknown as far as KH goes and probably won’t ever be elaborated on.

Except maybe that Sephiroth did something.

Who knows if we’ll even get a conclusion on the Cloud and Sephiroth plot too.
Considering how much Disney clamped down on the cameos it seems very unlikely.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Interesting. I thought Nomura decided against FF cameos. Interesting that Disney could impose that on him.
I had heard that Disney wanted more focus on their own original (read that they own) characters rather than appearances by S-E owned ones.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Scanning through the ultimania stuff. So Zackbros got shafted again, looks like. There is almost nothing there except fluff like Zack would never abandon Cloud, Aerith's first love....

Really brings down the confidence they're going to do him justice. Maybe I'm just dooming, idk. At this point there is a possibility Zack will be fodder to keep CAs mollified with whatever they do with Cloti.

I just want to say that if it comes to this and Aerith wants to pine over Cloud and watch him get it on with Tifa from the lifestream, then kindly leave Zack out of it. Set him free. I would take him being alone but alive at the end, in exchange.
Not sure why you expected this Ultimania to give you much for Zack in the first place when it's supposed to be about Rebirth? Like we all know he didn't play a super major role in this game yet.

From the little i've seen from the Ultimania, it does sort of imply that Zack has some sort of power over the multiple worlds, as he is the one that ends up splitting at least some of them up with his decisions, but we still have to see how he ends up being used in the third game.

I don't think you need to have any real worries here about him just being some kind of pointless fodder for CA. There's 0% chance they are going that route.

Top Bottom