SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Rin

Pro Adventurer
How is that gonna work though? Is the third game going to encompass the events of the things that take place after ff7?

Ok, I see. I was reading further into your statement based on the last sentence. "So, I think a lot of people just can't reconcile the two together in a way that makes sense. And I wouldn't be surprised if the devs feel the same way to be honest." I also took Purple's comment into account, since that's who's comment yours was towards. Theirs was about fans not wanting AC to happen.

Let's say the devs feel the same way. Why would they release AC right before the release of Rebirth? If they don't think the Re trilogy will fit well before AC, there'd be no point of rereleasing the movie, imo
Some people have suggested it as a dlc episode, like they've been doing w/ FFXVI, which would make sense to me.

Also, I said that about the devs bc Hamaguchi said remaking AC would be a dream come true for him/the team, so it seems to be something already on their minds probably because they could execute their ideas so much better now than they could back in the late 2000s.

Re-releasing AC in theatres was a good way to get people hype, especially since Rebirth had a ton of visual callbacks to the movie. Plus, it was a great way to market the release of Rebirth without spending a ton of $ developing something entirely new.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Some people have suggested it as a dlc episode, like they've been doing w/ FFXVI, which would make sense to me.
So DLC episodes for AC, OtwtaS and DoC?

Re-releasing AC in theatres was a good way to get people hype, especially since Rebirth had a ton of visual callbacks to the movie. Plus, it was a great way to market the release of Rebirth without spending a ton of $ developing something entirely new.
True, but also to establish that the trilogy will lead into it. Similar to releasing CCR. It built hype for Rebirth and to establish that CC takes place prior to the trilogy.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
So DLC episodes for AC, OtwtaS and DoC?

True, but also to establish that the trilogy will lead into it. Similar to releasing CCR. It built hype for Rebirth and to establish that CC takes place prior to the trilogy.
Well yeah, I was never arguing that the retrilogy wouldn't lead into AC, just that it would be folded in.

I don't think OtwTaS will be it's own DLC but I could wrong. If anything I see that more as being included at the end of the retrilogy game or peppered through the credits in a variety of cut scenes tbh. And then ACC and DoC can be their own episodes.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Well yeah, I was never arguing that the retrilogy wouldn't lead into AC, just that it would be folded in.

I don't think OtwTaS will be it's own DLC but I could wrong. If anything I see that more as being included at the end of the retrilogy game or peppered through the credits in a variety of cut scenes tbh. And then ACC and DoC can be their own episodes.
Sorry, but I'm not getting what you mean by "folded in." If ACC and DoC are folded in by being DLC episodes, can't they already be folded in as is?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Sorry, but I'm not getting what you mean by "folded in." If ACC and DoC are folded in by being DLC episodes, can't they already be folded in as is?
Rin was saying- and Rin may correct me, that the idea was that rather than retrilogy end and AC take over, Retrilogy will remake AC, thus "folding it in" to the whole remake project.

Reactions: Rin

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer

I feel like Cloud's "because this time I have you" might work well as a post credits scene if it's going to lead to AC.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Rin was saying- and Rin may correct me, that the idea was that rather than retrilogy end and AC take over, Retrilogy will remake AC, thus "folding it in" to the whole remake project.
That's what I thought they meant. Then it would also fold in OtwtaS and DoC right? If that were true, then that would go against what the devs have said they're doing with the remake trilogy though. It would no longer be a remake of ff7.

It'd also make the post ff7 compilation material non canon as is currently. At least to the re trilogy

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
That's what I thought they meant. Then it would also fold in OtwtaS and DoC right? If that were true, then that would go against what the devs have said they're doing with the remake trilogy though. It would no longer be a remake of ff7.
Not automatically it would not. They could in this theoretical just do a playable remake of ACC and not do scenes from any OTWTAS or touch DOC at all. As for being against what the devs said... maybe? If the base game ends with the end of FF7 with AC as DLC that might count as separate enough for them?

This is all speculative still so who even knows. Maybe we'll get a DoC remake with playable AC as a prologue level of sorts. While it was Vincent's game and story, it could have used some more playable moments from other team members.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
If that were true, then that would go against what the devs have said they're doing with the remake trilogy though. It would no longer be a remake of ff7.
Not really, it'd just be considered another entry in the 'remake project' like Crisis Core: Reunion.
Plus Kitase said the world of FF7 probably won't end with the retrilogy but this may be his final contribution/involvement.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Not automatically it would not. They could in this theoretical just do a playable remake of ACC and not do scenes from any OTWTAS or touch DOC at all. As for being against what the devs said... maybe? If the base game ends with the end of FF7 with AC as DLC that might count as separate enough for them?

This is all speculative still so who even knows. Maybe we'll get a DoC remake with playable AC as a prologue level of sorts. While it was Vincent's game and story, it could have used some more playable moments from other team members.
Not really, it'd just be considered another entry in the 'remake project' like Crisis Core: Reunion.
Plus Kitase said the world of FF7 probably won't end with the retrilogy but this may be his final contribution/involvement.
Ok, I see. So none of it will actually be integrated within the trilogy. That makes sense. I'd prefer they did whole projects instead of DLC though. We got a remaster for CC and a rerelease of AC, I'd rather they not trim the rest of the compilation down. Especially DoC

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
As far as what is shown after for more closure. For me personally, if the game nails all the scenes with Cloud and Tifa, their relationship is undeniable, no ambiguity, and it’s just perfect… Then I don’t think I’ll ask for much more.

I’m one of the ten people that like AC, and I like all the other stuff in between. However…I would still love something after showing everyone more stable and living. It’d be a welcome surprise but I’m not counting on anything.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
As far as what is shown after for more closure. For me personally, if the game nails all the scenes with Cloud and Tifa, their relationship is undeniable, no ambiguity, and it’s just perfect… Then I don’t think I’ll ask for much more.

I’m one of the ten people that like AC, and I like all the other stuff in between. However…I would still love something after showing everyone more stable and living. It’d be a welcome surprise but I’m not counting on anything.
I just want some more playable motorbike segments and some sweet domestic Cloud and Tifa, I’ll be upfront.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I just want some more playable motorbike segments and some sweet domestic Cloud and Tifa, I’ll be upfront.
I want to see more of the turks aswell, that's something else I hope they retain in part 3 and or show more of, how they're supposed to be Shinra's equivalent of the CIA but are actually more akin to Team Rocket from the Pokemon anime.

Always loved those guys, especially in Advent Children.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
Ok, I see. So none of it will actually be integrated within the trilogy. That makes sense. I'd prefer they did whole projects instead of DLC though. We got a remaster for CC and a rerelease of AC, I'd rather they not trim the rest of the compilation down. Especially DoC
Yeah, they can do it however they'd like but no I wasn't necessarily saying it would be within part 3 itself. I don't think there's any room for that given how much of the OG is left to cover + the new Zack/Aerith plot stuff so it'll either be DLC or other official game titles, but DLC would be the most "accessible" for fans, I'd think.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I want to see more of the turks aswell, that's something else I hope they retain in part 3 and or show more of, how they're supposed to be Shinra's equivalent of the CIA but are actually more akin to Team Rocket from the Pokemon anime.

Always loved those guys, especially in Advent Children.
The Turks legitimately contributed to me falling in love with FF7 early in my first playthrough as a kid. Their theme was silky smooth, and they were a good time despite their… questionable actions throughout the story.

I’m looking forward to Cloud interacting with them later in part 3.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
The Turks legitimately contributed to me falling in love with FF7 early in my first playthrough as a kid. Their theme was silky smooth, and they were a good time despite their… questionable actions throughout the story.

I’m looking forward to Cloud interacting with them later in part 3.
Especially at the bar in Wutai, I've always loved that particular interaction.

Top Bottom