SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
ould be a troll looking at the name.
1715026120815.png

1715026240266.png

1715026159203.png

I'm pretty sure it's an AI that's been manipulated to give that response in the last picture btw.
Oh the clovers at her feet in the garden during the Resolutions. So this is something that was brought up now couse they run out of other ammunition?

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I'd need more clarification, but a clover in Japanese has always been for me: クローバー

And you pronounce it: Kuroba... because you know... it's not from Japan to begin with...

So I don't know why you should suddenly pronounce it as Midori (the color green).

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I think if the story wanted me to care about clovers it would make me think about it in the same way as the flower Cloud gives Tifa and she specifically brings up to Cloud.
Yeah, something like Cloud actually handing her a clover.

Honestly, this is like saying Cloud is blonde therefore the girls have a bestiality kink for Chocobos. Complete vapid nonsense.

No correlation. It’s grasping at straws.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Plus, even if they did represent friendship...they literally are friends? like, they aren't in a relationship during Midgar, good job Cleriths for figuring that one out.
Reminds me of the "look Cloud said Tifa isn't his girlfriend" back when Aerith asks what she is to Cloud and he denies the girlfriend bit, yet doesn't have a proper answer on what Tifa is to him. Like yeah no shit she wasn't his girlfriend. Every player would know that right now.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Yeah my assumption is that people don't really project themselves to be with Zack simply because he was barely a character in OG and said people didn't really warm up to him through Crisis Core either.

I for one gotta admit that Crisis Core barely made me care about Zack as a character either. It's actually Rebirth that made me enjoy his character a lot more. I put blame on the crappy writing and dry delivery of Crisis Core honestly.

EDIT: Though keep in mind i haven't watched or played CC Reunion yet, so i don't know if they made this stuff feel better there, but my impression is based on OG CC.

I'm impressed that writing would even factor into it. The calculus of self-insertion is mysterious and fascinating.

Like my favorite wacky fandom, Riverdale. I thought K.J. Apa would be the fan favorite... he is Archie after all. And he’s good looking, right? But the younger crowd far and away prefers Cole Sprouse. Why? I have absolutely no idea. Maybe it's that Suite Life rizz. (But even I can tell why the 30+ crowd loves Skeet Ulrich.)

As a card carrying Zack Bro I fail to comprehend how Cloud is the Cole to Zack’s A.J. Zack’s such a chad. Like in real life he would be a Seal Team 6 officer.

overheat28

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Overheat
I personally don't see much of a difference between CC Zack and Rebirth Zack. It's the same guy for all intents and purposes.

The only difference is, we're seeing a slightly different side of him - he is interacting with normal people in Rebirth and not the freaks at Soldier/Shinra. His sole focus is also Aerith so it brings out his tender side more. But it was always there. That church scene where he mourned Angeal is all proof that is required. That is the iconic Zerith scene imo, even more than the shattering DMW with Aerith's picture.

But this is the same guy who kept trying to get Genesis to see reason right up until he transformed into Genesis Avatar. What he does for Biggs, he tried for Genesis, Angeal, and Sephiroth, too. And thats the thing - there is a huge difference between talking to Marlene and a genocidal maniac you know you're going to have to fight.
I think PSP limitations are primarily at fault here too - he should've been more fleshed out. CC should have been a full fat console experience.

The man was also like Sephiroth's last true friend and you can tell he feels very betrayed at what he turned into, it must have stung hard to learn the man you once thought of as a comrade is now coming to kill Aerith. Shame they likely don't have the space to explore this angle more. Zack's relationship with the other First Classes needs more exploration and it must have hurt like hell to watch all of them fall one by one to their own demons.

As for self inserting - imo it's always going to be easier to identify with Kirito than Goku.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Reminds me of the "look Cloud said Tifa isn't his girlfriend" back when Aerith asks what she is to Cloud and he denies the girlfriend bit, yet doesn't have a proper answer on what Tifa is to him. Like yeah no shit she wasn't his girlfriend. Every player would know that right now.
Like, do people want Cloud to go around calling Tifa his girlfriend when she isn't? It's literally grasping at straws for some semblance of a talking point from them.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
This is also before Cloud gets his true self back so his feelings for her are muddled up in his SOLDIER persona.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
When the stuff you're saying can be debunked with one quick google search, it's probably some sort of sign.

I played reunion, and yes, it is 'better' but it still looks entirely so wrong.

Also, some of the character designs are questionable too, some of the new one feel very out of place in ff7.

A lot of Cleriths don't like Crisis Core for the fact they think Zerith 'stole' things from Clerith. That might have something to do with it

Could be a troll looking at the name.
View attachment 16651
View attachment 16653
View attachment 16652

I'm pretty sure it's an AI that's been manipulated to give that response in the last picture btw.
Honestly, the tweet seems like a parody,

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
Yeah, weren’t they all dooming when they learned the Marlene line…
I think so? But it's okay, they were using it as a motivation for squats, lol. To be honest, they kind of made me want to join the Zack bro gang, lol.

And to keep this more on topic... um... clovers. Right. Obviously, the three-leafed clovers symbolise the love triangle. However, they all used to be four-leafed clovers and the missing leaf symbolises Zack. (Yes, I just pulled that one out of thin air, lol.) :desu:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The goal of this take is to explain she can’t be the one helping Cloud during the LS scene.

Problem with this take is the same as always. It just shows this people didn’t understand what the game is saying. Tifa is not an unreliable narrator. She’s not delulu. She just doesn’t understand why Cloud knows so much about the Nibel incident when from her POV he wasn’t there.

As if the scene was written for all of this to make sense the moment Tifa understands that Cloud was here all along…. Oh wait.
It's just another side of the "Tifa is lying to Cloud!" bullshit, really. Anything to 'invalidate' her somehow so Aerith can... uh.... thing? And win Cloud's heart.

I mean, I’m willing to compromise and say they played strip poker
That was IIRC the usual response.

This one?:

This is the 'For the one I love' page:
I was referencing the For the One I love page, trying to remember the exact page number.

An online argument he lost from the get-go, mind you.
Like a lot of AA's stuff, it was doing him more harm than it ever could do his ship any good.

and Aerith herself talks about his light in a way that she can't really be talking about herself.
Yeah, she's very clear that what he's looking for isn't her, that she can't help even though she wants to.

Except the same doesn't apply to Tifa, you only get her as Rosa if you got her date. So if she's the 'canon' Rosa, it can only be on her date.
I get what you mean, but the ludonarrative events and the canon events are not necessarily the exact same. What happens mechanically and what "actually happens" don't always match up 1:1. This is hypothetical talk anyways.

I think it's because Aerith's relationship with Cloud is more opposites attract, people tend to be into that. Aerith is less of the spunky girl in Crisis Core with Zack than she is with Cloud in subsequent compilation material, so I think people would rather self-insert as a confident woman as opposed to a slightly more demure one. Especially when said spunky woman would most likely wear the pants in the relationship, not that there is anything wrong with that, by the way.
I hate to say it but I don't think the personality plays into a lot of the Self Insert motivations. I think it's the aesthetic. Hence why there's such a slut-shame vibe from the same people against "the competition."

Speaking of terrible takes...someone might have mentioned it here already, but anyone else see the "3 leaf clover represents friendship" cope?
I have not but like "Holding hands is more serious than kissing" it does not pass the smell test.

Didn't reply to this, my bad. I think I meant more in the sense that the premise isn't great to begin with, so it involving weird future time travel that apparently affects the present doesn't help.
It's not strictly speaking future time travel as it is pulling points in space-time together. And I know that probably makes no fucking sense to you. I am used to it.

It absolutely does, too. If my rival ship had a sequence where the woman explores the mans mind on a different plane to reality, in which he reveals his feelings for her, I'd give up.
Like, making a couple get married and have kids is about the only thing more blatant you can do than have a character's literal subconscious spell out his love for a woman to that woman.

So let me raise an interesting point…

Cloud gets motion sick. When Tifa fights, she moves really fast. This means they aren’t meant to be.

Checkmate Clotis.
He only gets motion sick on vehicles and when he's not driving. As Tifa will be taking him for a ride, that will not be an issue.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I think so? But it's okay, they were using it as a motivation for squats, lol. To be honest, they kind of made me want to join the Zack bro gang, lol.

And to keep this more on topic... um... clovers. Right. Obviously, the three-leafed clovers symbolise the love triangle. However, they all used to be four-leafed clovers and the missing leaf symbolises Zack. (Yes, I just pulled that one out of thin air, lol.) :desu:
Don’t worry, Aerith will gongaga for Zack in Part 3.

If you google “What do mushrooms represent?”, then you’ll find that it represents spiritual growth, enlightenment, and rebirth.

Gongaga mushrooms, Rebirth, Zack, Aerith becoming a Demi-god. Zerith. Checkmate,

“The mushroom’s life cycle, with its ability to emerge from darkness and decay, represents the cyclical nature of life, death and transformation.”

So mushrooms represent Aerith. LTD finished guys.

Last edited:

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
It was me.
Well, now that my brain is nagging me to look for it, I know who to blame :mon:

In all seriousness, though, if I didn't read that fic in MST3K format, I'm almost sure if it would've bothered me more. At least the commentary provided some breaks, if nothing else.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Bloody hell :no:

That face will haunt my nightmares...
The green filter is 100% fitting for it, yup.
I actually use that image often when speaking to a friend on Discord about Final Fantasy. It’s a great reaction image.

This is how True Cloud will look next game. He’ll make this face under the Highwind, right after Tifa says “Words aren’t the only way to express your feelings.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom