SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Toriyama says that she brought forth a version of herself from the lifestream, which makes me curious, is all.
The closest too, so I interpreted it as right after she died. To me the dream date happens after Aerith has spent some time in the Lifestream, in fact the reason why I believe it can only be CoLW Aerith is because it makes sense for her to be CoLW Aerith if this happens then.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
The closest too, so I interpreted it as right after she died. To me the dream date happens after Aerith has spent some time in the Lifestream, in fact the reason why I believe it can only be CoLW Aerith is because it makes sense for her to be CoLW Aerith if this happens then.
Doesn’t CoLW happen before Advent Children?

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
Indeed it does. It's just that part where she wonders how she can communicate with Cloud that seriously gives me dream date vibes.
I got a similar read. IIRC - Aerith mentions wanting to tell Cloud things that she was unable to. And wanting to meet him, but only as how he remembers her.

Seeing how Aerith contemplates her "suki," by the end of the dream date, perhaps its after those state of events where Aerith comes to the realization of what Zack actually means to her (in that she always loved him). I am inclined to think its somewhere after COLW!Aerith and before AC!Aerith. These lines from her monologue seem like they could fit in that timeframe.

"This place is a strange place, the seasons never change, my feelings never change" (paraphrase)
"Ugh, that's it! I give up. I can't stop thinking about you." (paraphrase)

Also, COLW mentions Aerith having the ability to dissolve into the LS but she doesn't because she needs to stop Sephiroth. At the end of AC, we see Zack and Aerith walk off into the LS together ("Her first love always at her side" - paraphrase). This indicates to me that Aerith may have found a way to co-exist with Zack in the LS which could be one of the reasons why she chooses not to dissolve in the LS.

Just speculation, could be wrong. Interesting how it kinda lines up though.

Reactions: LNK

Eerie

Fire and Blood
IIRC but could be wrong, Cetras could indeed choose. I believe it’s tied to their Promised Land - this is where they stay until they join the LS. The devs want to show us how the LS works so that’s also why I’m pretty sure the church and sector 5 are Aerith’s PL and that’s also how Zack gets to not join the LS for so long, because he’s part of her PL. Until the end he’s been in decoy worlds, but that’s not the case anymore for the last one. Aerith will find him as she will get to her PL.

For the part where the LS is made of dreams, hopes and feelings, we’re going to touch that with Cloud and Tifa in the LS sequence. Like this, we’ll have a pretty rounded view of how the LS works.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
We'd be waiting another while for the game if this was the case, but I'd have definitely preferred it.
Not neccesarily if they kept NC as the ending i think we could have cut out a lot of side content and had more story focus, They could have cut out a lot of stuff if we are being honest especially corel prison that entire chapter could have been removed since it was just do quests as only cloud then race. But if northern crater was the ending we wouldn't have to include so much in the open world to fill in the time

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Not neccesarily if they kept NC as the ending i think we could have cut out a lot of side content and had more story focus, They could have cut out a lot of stuff if we are being honest especially corel prison that entire chapter could have been removed since it was just do quests as only cloud then race. But if northern crater was the ending we wouldn't have to include so much in the open world to fill in the time
Ehh maybe, but I do prefer keeping NC in the same game as the LS sequence because the two instances are tied together.

They certainly could’ve included it by cutting stuff out but I’d want the NC to have maybe 2 chapters worth because we also have the Professor Gast tapes that I’d want to be mandatory viewing and the journey up to NC shouldn’t be rushed IF they’re using the much laughed at tone shift to show the rift between everyone’s grief and Cloud’s mental state.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Well newest interview said they want to make part 3 ending better and more satisfying and moving than the OG

So theorists about to go wild xd

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Well newest interview said they want to make part 3 ending better and more satisfying and moving than the OG

So theorists about to go wild xd

In my opinion, you shouldn't read too much between the lines.

The end of FF7 OG is pretty bare-bones.

You finish the final battle, see the team leave the crater, wait on the bridge of the ship and then the meteor collides with the LS.

And then a glimpse of the world 500 years later (= the planet isn't destroyed).

Our characters have no conclusion. I think what he's saying is that they're simply going to expose what really happens to our team after the final battle. Like pretty much... every Final Fantasy since FF7.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
It's hardly going to be satisfying if it's ambiguous. Another reason for some people out there to start buckling up.

That's what they mean by "satisfying". We never said goodbye to our characters. Their answer is pretty clear to me.

As for what we were talking the other day :

1718470951015.png

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
In my opinion, you shouldn't read too much between the lines.

The end of FF7 OG is pretty bare-bones.

You finish the final battle, see the team leave the crater, wait on the bridge of the ship and then the meteor collides with the LS.

And then a glimpse of the world 500 years later (= the planet isn't destroyed).

Our characters have no conclusion. I think what he's saying is that they're simply going to expose what really happens to our team after the final battle. Like pretty much... every Final Fantasy since FF7.
Oh yeah I'm not but you know what the internet are gonna take from this. Aerith surviving, Aerith and Zack surviving, Sephiroth redeemed all that crap

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Status-quo is still Cloti, it's just less obvious. As it stands I can't see it happening that they don't show it clearly.

It is Cloti for us. But not for everyone. So I don't want Status-quo either.

No more LA/HA Under the Highwind. No more "Maybe I can see her there" bs.

Just go full "explain to me as if I was 5 years old" route.

Just make it clear for the maximum of people. The antis will always hate. Don't mind them.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
I'll be the first to complain if they go the status-quo route.
I’ll be the second.

Ambiguity is interesting, sometimes it’s even still satisfying. Like the end of the movie Inception. However, I’d hope the remake will be clear on its own. I don’t want to have to piece it together with novels. Give the characters what they deserve, and give me what I’m waiting for, FULL THROTTLE ROMANCE. Let these three games speak for themselves.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
It is Cloti for us. But not for everyone. So I don't want Status-quo either.

No more LA/HA Under the Highwind. No more "Maybe I can see her there" bs.

Just go full "explain to me as if I was 5 years old" route.
So far, Nojima has been absolutely truthful about his conviction to make things "less up for interpretation this time around".

There is no need to be worried, it would be a lot harder to skirt around the LS and what it means with voice acting and actual 3d models and animations to go with them. By then it will be absolutely obvious to even the most unwilling to accept it.
I’ll be the second.
I'll be patient zero.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
So far, Nojima has been absolutely truthful about his conviction to make things "less up for interpretation this time around".

There is no need to be worried, it would be a lot harder to skirt around the LS and what it means with voice acting and actual 3d models and animations to go with them. By then it will be absolutely obvious to even the most unwilling to accept it.

I really wonder if it ever gets to his ears, how you must feel when you validate and propose a scene where Cloud kisses Tifa or a scene where they're one-on-one and you're not too discreet with the "sexual tension" undertones and one of the reactions you see is people drawing red lines to prove that it didn't really happen or that it was a rape.

Like. I'd be so sick of it. Even when you're as unambiguous as possible it's not enough. It must still be frustrating.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
where they're one-on-one and you're not too discreet with the "sexual tension" undertones
Actually, to my surprise, they had Tifa wrap her legs around one of Cloud's in the train roll scene. I already thought it was an intimate scene, but it actually could get more obvious lmao, just needed a freecam to fully see the "sexual tension" on display. Now someone show them.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Actually, to my surprise, they had Tifa wrap her legs around one of Cloud's in the train roll scene. I already thought it was an intimate scene, but it actually could get more obvious lmao, just needed a freecam to fully see the "sexual tension" on display. Now someone show them.
They’ve been pretty blatant from the beginning tbf, it’s just that any Cloud and Aerith 1:1 is automatically interpreted as everlasting love… when they met an hour ago.

Part 3 needs to be pretty upfront with Cloud and Tifa for the overall discourse to finally stop with the frustrating “it’s up to player choice/interpretation” middleground.

Highwind scene needs to be the most sledgehammer to the face, Cloud and Tifa are together you nerds scene

Top Bottom