SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
3rd return to Cosmo Canyon is probably going to be mandatory this time around, make that three hammers with them cuddled up next to each other around the fire.
The all mighty three shoe beating? No mortal can possibly wield such raw destructive might.

Considering how thick it’s been laid on with these two during what’s supposed to be a tense period between them… I’m thinking Highwind’s high affection version will be standard.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Why is one of the talking points i keep seeing on Twitter That this ship is more popular in Japan or this ship is only popular in USA. Or this ship is more popular in Europe and Japan Its impossible to determine how popular a ship is in a country for a videogame, so where on earth are people finding evidence for these claims? I hope people who only got into this fandom because they want a teen drama story love triangle and care about nothing else will just leave when part 3 is out

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Why is one of the talking points i keep seeing on Twitter That this ship is more popular in Japan or this ship is only popular in USA. Or this ship is more popular in Europe and Japan Its impossible to determine how popular a ship is in a country for a videogame, so where on earth are people finding evidence for these claims? I hope people who only got into this fandom because they want a teen drama story love triangle and care about nothing else will just leave when part 3 is out
I mean, the kiss between Cloud and Tifa kinda went viral in the gaming sphere but yeah those statistics seem easy to cheese.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
They are lying is where they are finding it. It's basically been a cope for 20 years or more. The WacDonald's interview as a glorious example of the lie.

As far as I recall, "pairing" polls are very rare compared to character polls, and the only one I can remember anything about in detail had Zack and Aerith is like the far and away winner for FF7?

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
This is funny XD devs saying that the interviewer claiming Tifa was the best means people will send the interviewer angry DM's
i do wonder how much they actually see on twitter of the discourse

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
This is funny XD devs saying that the interviewer claiming Tifa was the best means people will send the interviewer angry DM's
i do wonder how much they actually see on twitter of the discourse
Wouldn’t shock me if they at least know what will set people off on socials, either from personal experience or from what they’ve heard from people monitoring the hashtags.

Funny how a game where “who Cloud likes is up to the player” that Tifa is the wrong answer. Makes you think…

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
You know, I've been speculating we're going to start PT3 with Cloud as the main POV character again, and then obvious switch to Tifa once Cloud leaves the party, but what if we start with Tifa as the lead character out of battle instead of Cloud from the get go? Let her be the lead through the entire Icicle/ Gaea/ Crater/ Junon /??? / Mideel sequence, really drive home that we're losing control of Cloud and that this is Tifa's game as much as his, really.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
You know, I've been speculating we're going to start PT3 with Cloud as the main POV character again, and then obvious switch to Tifa once Cloud leaves the party, but what if we start with Tifa as the lead character out of battle instead of Cloud from the get go? Let her be the lead through the entire Icicle/ Gaea/ Crater/ Junon /??? / Mideel sequence, really drive home that we're losing control of Cloud and that this is Tifa's game as much as his, really.
It would make sense tbh. There’s plenty of opportunity to really push his mental instability up through NC and showing it from just outside his pov would be perfect imo

A really haunting way you could show it is having one dialogue option to kind of bait people into thinking it’s business as usual, but every time you highlight an answer, it switches to say “Reunion” instead

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I've already thought about this but I'm not sure they are up to it. It would be pretty awesome as we'd see Cloud degrading from the end of Rebirth until the NC scene. I wonder what they will do though because the next game should start at Icicle but I don't see Icicle as a starting zone tbh.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
it would be amazing. i also have a prediction for a scene in the icicle inn where the group are discussing Cloud and his issues together away from him but reluctantly agree to keep going to NC since hes the best chance of stopping Sephiroth. Tifa objects to this the most, setting up her staying by him in Mideel and the regret she feels after NC. She will also look over at an empty bed or something and we will see more of her grief about Aerith's death since Cloud is in denial. I do think we will switch to Cloud during the parts before NC though since the devs might want us to play with a different playstyle Darker Cloud? i do hope the first part of the game is very Tifa focused though and we only get a bit of Clouds gameplay but mostly Tifa until after LS Sequence. Offering new perspectives in the story and to shut up those people who say Tifa is not one of the main heriones and characters in FF7.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
This was a fun read, also made me want to start my second play through lol.

Yeah I have a very few nitpicks but it's pretty on the nose lol. My main nitpick would be that I think Cloud and Tifa became soulmates during the Promise, as they tied their feelings, hopes and dreams together at that moment and this is why Tifa is able to pull Cloud through his mako poisoned state.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
that thread has a lot of evidence that i have also been noticing that shows just how Cloti the final part and LS is probably going to be
Yeah the main thing I love about it is the theory of how Tifa was able to be in the LS in the first place in Gongaga. Cloud being in, what looks like, his catatonic state, and her seeing his and her memories. It also makes sense of why they moved her remembering the bridge incident now instead of later. Like it shows how the memories can be restored.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
I'd like that, but I doubt it, goes back to my complaints concerning SE that I offered up earlier. I think this would be a bold choice with merit and impact. But I don't believe they'll do it because I think they don't want a game without Cloud the same way they don't want one without Sephiroth.
My guess is that they'll try to minimize the amount of time sans Cloud unfortunately.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
He'd still be there, so it's not like he wouldn't be there at all, though.
I think they mean that Cloud won’t be out of party leader for very long. The idea proposed would result in Cloud not being the primary perspective character for a good chunk of the game, probably approaching half of it. That’s a tall order for SE, even I would agree with that.

I think they could do it though. The story kind of demands Cloud be absent for a good chunk of time in part 3 at some point.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
It would make sense tbh. There’s plenty of opportunity to really push his mental instability up through NC and showing it from just outside his pov would be perfect imo

A really haunting way you could show it is having one dialogue option to kind of bait people into thinking it’s business as usual, but every time you highlight an answer, it switches to say “Reunion” instead
Like whatever you choose, he says the same thing? That sort of fits with my idea of once the LS event concludes you get a dialogue prompt but all the options are the actual same and it's the last prompt of its kind save "yes I will/ No I won't" style prompts for sidequests.

I've already thought about this but I'm not sure they are up to it. It would be pretty awesome as we'd see Cloud degrading from the end of Rebirth until the NC scene. I wonder what they will do though because the next game should start at Icicle but I don't see Icicle as a starting zone tbh.
I mean we need to see it either way, the thought here is we see it more from the exterior, see how Cloud looks without the special effects and the cutaways.

it would be amazing. i also have a prediction for a scene in the icicle inn where the group are discussing Cloud and his issues together away from him but reluctantly agree to keep going to NC since hes the best chance of stopping Sephiroth. Tifa objects to this the most, setting up her staying by him in Mideel and the regret she feels after NC. She will also look over at an empty bed or something and we will see more of her grief about Aerith's death since Cloud is in denial. I do think we will switch to Cloud during the parts before NC though since the devs might want us to play with a different playstyle Darker Cloud? i do hope the first part of the game is very Tifa focused though and we only get a bit of Clouds gameplay but mostly Tifa until after LS Sequence. Offering new perspectives in the story and to shut up those people who say Tifa is not one of the main heriones and characters in FF7.
Even if she's not party leader for all of it, I think we need at least one more segment where she's the party leader like in Hojo's Lab in Remake.

I'd like that, but I doubt it, goes back to my complaints concerning SE that I offered up earlier. I think this would be a bold choice with merit and impact. But I don't believe they'll do it because I think they don't want a game without Cloud the same way they don't want one without Sephiroth.
My guess is that they'll try to minimize the amount of time sans Cloud unfortunately.
My suggestion wouldn't remove Cloud from the party, it would just move him away from the mandatory party slot. Right after the snowboard sequence might be a good option for this. Cloud gets remove for a moment from the party, Tifa has to find him and stop him from doing the reunion shuffle, Tifa says "Let me take the lead" and she's Party Leader for Gaia's cliffs segment. Cloud takes back over at the Crater. Basically swap between their perspectives for the first few chapters, then a couple chapters of Tifa (Extending the time between Junon and Mideel some) and then we get the Cid moments, the LS, and Cloud back as Party Leader.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Like whatever you choose, he says the same thing? That sort of fits with my idea of once the LS event concludes you get a dialogue prompt but all the options are the actual same and it's the last prompt of its kind save "yes I will/ No I won't" style prompts for sidequests.

I mean we need to see it either way, the thought here is we see it more from the exterior, see how Cloud looks without the special effects and the cutaways.

Even if she's not party leader for all of it, I think we need at least one more segment where she's the party leader like in Hojo's Lab in Remake.

My suggestion wouldn't remove Cloud from the party, it would just move him away from the mandatory party slot. Right after the snowboard sequence might be a good option for this. Cloud gets remove for a moment from the party, Tifa has to find him and stop him from doing the reunion shuffle, Tifa says "Let me take the lead" and she's Party Leader for Gaia's cliffs segment. Cloud takes back over at the Crater. Basically swap between their perspectives for the first few chapters, then a couple chapters of Tifa (Extending the time between Junon and Mideel some) and then we get the Cid moments, the LS, and Cloud back as Party Leader.

I'll back up your logic even more.

In the same way that I advocate for extremely limited appearances by Aerith, I think there needs to be a real break with Cloud. We have to insist on the fact that his mind is giving out. Just as much as it needs to be emphasized that Cloud was the team's most important asset. The player has to live with this loss. We need to feel how important Cloud was. His leadership. His power.

This can't just be a minor setback. But a significant event that leaves the team in a kind of impasse.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
So where did Family of Friends stuff even come from?
On the way to a smile: Case of Tifa.

It's a worthless line, I'm not even sure why it's there. It can't be referring to her situation with Cloud and Marlene since she says friendS, plural, and last time I checked people don't refer to their children as friends.

But it seems weird for it to be referring to the rest of AVALANCHE, because from what we're shown in Case of Tifa, they're not really shown to be helping "weather the storm" Tifa speaks of.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
On the way to a smile: Case of Tifa.

It's a worthless line, I'm not even sure why it's there. It can't be referring to her situation with Cloud and Marlene since she says friendS, plural, and last time I checked people don't refer to their children as friends.

But it seems weird for it to be referring to the rest of AVALANCHE, because from what we're shown in Case of Tifa, they're not really shown to be helping "weather the storm" Tifa speaks of.
Hmm

I do wonder how Japanese would express a makeshift family structure/found family. It’s a very non traditional setup, so I wonder if it’s difficult to express literally, so they took a poetic route? Pondering out of ignorance on my part.

Top Bottom