SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Oh boy. That’s not gonna help with LTD lmao.

It's confirmed there's a part of final battle where Cloud & Zack being a duo at first against Sephiroth's body, ended with Cloud & Aerith's being a duo at last against Sephiroth's body. But yeah, can't confirm yet if Nomura also did the same back-to-back pose with Zack like ACC

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
It's confirmed there's a part of final battle where Cloud & Zack being a duo at first against Sephiroth's body, ended with Cloud & Aerith's being a duo at last against Sephiroth's body. But yeah, can't confirm yet if Nomura also did the same back-to-back pose with Zack like ACC
I mean, that doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with LTD. I’m just saying, dialogue like that basically keeps the war going.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
The war won't ever end anyway. Look at how many essays were written about the gold saucer dates. You might aswell just play the game and enjoy the story
I agree. lol

I’m just saying the claim that the LTD would be over had Aerith lived and Cloud still chose Tifa is not necessarily true because people would grasp at any dialogue similar to this to justify otherwise.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
Oh right. The person who posted the video showed that lol. I didn’t realize that was the same thing she said in the video. I stand by what I said about the nice reassurance that those who die are never truly gone.

I am heartened (and not threatened) by them holding hands. Friends hold hands. I (female) have a wonderful boyfriend - we’ve been together over a decade. I also have a friend (who is male and straight) and we have held hands during difficult times or when I was anxious.

As Cody said: “Not every meaningful relationship needs to be sexualized.”

Hix

Pro Adventurer
What is Aerith saying in the trailer?

The key line is なにがあっても、一緒だよ which can be translated as "whatever happens, we're in this together" or "whatever happens, we'll be together". It's a statement conveying feelings of "don't worry, I'll always be with you" and is commonly said in overly dramatic entertainment by one person about to die to his friends/family/nakama.

It doesn't necessarily convey romantic connotations, it's not "be together" as in "be a couple", it's "be with you, in spirit or in memory".

Rfcloud88

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Ichie
Wow with that Aerith trailer SE loves to keep people wondering what’s going on 🤣. They literally don’t give the whole story out within the trailer. That’s the beauty. ultimately people will just have to play the game to get an idea. The copium is high on both sides seriously haha

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
The key line is なにがあっても、一緒だよ which can be translated as "whatever happens, we're in this together" or "whatever happens, we'll be together". It's a statement conveying feelings of "don't worry, I'll always be with you" and is commonly said in overly dramatic entertainment by one person about to die to his friends/family/nakama.

It doesn't necessarily convey romantic connotations, it's not "be together" as in "be a couple", it's "be with you, in spirit or in memory".
I could already hear shipper would debate this JP word of "isshoni" lol

mbulbul

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Artalis
Is there proof of that? Has he played all the dates for all the characters? I’m curious now 🤔
this is the review (it's in japanese tho)

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
The only thing about this new scene that I don’t like is that at this point
cloud doesn’t think she’s dead even though she got skewered already
it gives the scene a weird vibe because we’re supposed to feel sad and be in mourning and then be reassured by her saying she’ll always be with us, but there’s no reason from clouds POV for this to be happening at that point. It would make more sense for this to happen in part 3 after
cloud comes to terms with her death.

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
I wonder if they are gonna speed run the AC stuff with Cloud's grief? I would hope not but that frame gives strong indication...

Hix

Pro Adventurer
I could already hear shipper would debate this JP word of "isshoni" lol

Shippers don't have very long to lean on clear bait from a trailer. Once the game comes out and one girl gets kissed while the other gets friendzoned and dies, that's pretty much ballgame...

...lol it won't be but it should

In spirit and memory can be romantic though, if you want it to be. Square Enix knows it's audiences.

I mean it can be many things, but what's the context? It doesn't necessarily imply anything romantic in and of itself. If she's saying it to a friend, it's with intent to comfort him and mitigate the natural loss he's about to feel - but if she's saying it to someone who has just confessed their love to her or is in an established relationship it could be (though I'd argue her dying is still the end of the LTD)

I have more issues with the picture to be honest, but then I'm a Zackbro and my dude deserves a break by now.

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
(クラウドは自分事だけ、考えて)Cloud, think only of yourself.

(なにがあっても、一緒だよ) No matter what happens, we'll be together
It may be just me, but if anyone thinks this is romantic, they clearly haven't seen enough anime :mon:
On that note, that the line did just make me think of a few anime, and they were all shounen anime haha

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer

Oh definitely. I’m not actually arguing that it necessarily is romantic. Just that… dialogue like this just adds fuel to the wars. Lol

Top Bottom