SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Rin

Pro Adventurer
Oh, that's so interesting, but also makes total sense. Even the bizarre dream date was far better than this one.
Honestly, they don't even talk about CA moments lol all they talk about is CT and trying to downplay every moment they have. It's.... embarrassing. The hyperfocus is a little too real lol they just want everything CT has while pretending what they have is better but somehow never talking about what they have....

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
There are cute moments interspersed but it's mostly cringey. I, unfortunately, laughed when she said they should ride the same Chocobo next time and he said "And slow down the bird?" I was like "Why are you such an idiot??? Also Zack would've offered for them to ride one bird at the start! This why you're NOT the man for her!!"
Omfg I forgot about that hahahah. Humorless min-maxxer Cloud Strife.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Honestly, they don't even talk about CA moments lol all they talk about is CT and trying to downplay every moment they have. It's.... embarrassing. The hyperfocus is a little too real lol they just want everything CT has while pretending what they have is better but somehow never talking about what they have....
I've seen that and also seen them talk about the church moment and the crazy ending. The worst takes I've seen so far is that Cloud is, in fact, mentally stable and happy that Aerith is there. Huh??

Rose Alive

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Always hungry
I've been trying to view the Remake project in the most unbiased way possible, especially because I didn't think we were going to get any answers regarding CA and how they felt about one another (pleasantly surprised we did though).

And that date was anything but romantic. Even though you had people referring to them as a couple like in Wallmarket, I think that's just an assumption made when a guy and a girl are seen together. It's happened to me, and I'm sure to many people here as well. Or the devs are trolling the players, idk.

Cloud told her not to view it as a romantic date. He wasn't joking or playing mind games. It really sounded like he meant what he said and that he was trying to set some boundaries.

And if things were reversed and this was a date he'd had with Tifa, and he acted the same way as he did with Aerith (although I can't see him treating Tifa that way going by how he's been with her in both Remake and Rebirth) my view on this would be the same.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I've seen that and also seen them talk about the church moment and the crazy ending. The worst takes I've seen so far is that Cloud is, in fact, mentally stable and happy that Aerith is there. Huh??
Omg I saw that. I was like You can't be fr? But they are.... they're so serious about it. It's scary lmao

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I've been trying to view the Remake project in the most unbiased way possible, especially because I didn't think we were going to get any answers regarding CA and how they felt about one another (pleasantly surprised we did though).

And that date was anything but romantic. Even though you had people referring to them as a couple like in Wallmarket, I think that's just an assumption made when a guy and a girl are seen together. It's happened to me, and I'm sure to many people here as well. Or the devs are trolling the players, idk.

Cloud told her not to view it as a romantic date. He wasn't joking or playing mind games. It really sounded like he meant what he said and that he was trying to set some boundaries.

And if things were reversed and this was a date he'd had with Tifa, and he acted the same way as he did with Aerith (although I can't see him treating Tifa that way going by how he's been with her in both Remake and Rebirth) my view on this would be the same.
Same here. I genuinely liked CA's dynamic in Remake and was looking forward to more cute stuff like that but the only one that was cute in that way was the Cosmo Canyon side quest. If Cloud treated Tifa the way he treated Aerith on that Costa del Sol date, I honestly might not even ship them anymore.

What threw me was Cloud calling Aerith mean which genuinely hurt her feelings and I didn't even know whose side to be on because on one hand... Aerith kept pushing his boundaries after he made it clear that this wasn't a romantic date and he didn't want her to see it as such, but on the other hand... Aerith was just being her usual self and he knows what she's like so it's not like she was actually bullying him?

And it's only all the more awkward knowing the entire group is there watching and listening to them the whole time, which made me think... Is Cloud being so rude and stand-offish because Tifa is in earshot and he doesn't want her to get the wrong idea? Is that why he keeps shooting the idea that it's a romantic date down? I have no idea but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Rose Alive

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Always hungry
Is Cloud being so rude and stand-offish because Tifa is in earshot and he doesn't want her to get the wrong idea? Is that why he keeps shooting the idea that it's a romantic date down? I have no idea but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.
It's possible he remembered Tifa's reaction in Kalm when Aerith grabbed his arm and said they were on a date. Or maybe he really was just trying to set some boundaries with her.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
It's possible he remembered Tifa's reaction in Kalm when Aerith grabbed his arm and said they were on a date. Or maybe he really was just trying to set some boundaries with her.
Maybe the ultimania will give us some insight. I usually don't care for them but the remake project has me asking so many questions that I'm itching for them to release the next one.

Also, it's interesting how much CT specific party-banter there is. Not between the two of them specifically, but Yuffie really notices their dynamic and points it out a lot.

Axiom

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Axiom
I remember that after Aerith's gondola date, he says "You're welcome but I didn't do anything" after Aerith thanks him. I remember thinking "Dude, that's brutal".

Then I saw the standard dates, and even when Cloud just hugged Tifa he got all shy and couldn't look her in the eyes. That was when I was like, "Yeah, LTD is probably dead".

Basically, Cloud recognizes that pulling Tifa in for a hug is more romantic than interlocking fingers with Aerith. Maybe it's because he technically confessed when he answered "Not one bit" when Tifa asked if she was getting ahead of herself by thinking they're becoming so close.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I remember that after Aerith's gondola date, he says "You're welcome but I didn't do anything" after Aerith thanks him. I remember thinking "Dude, that's brutal".

Then I saw the standard dates, and even when Cloud just hugged Tifa he got all shy and couldn't look her in the eyes. That was when I was like, "Yeah, LTD is probably dead".

Basically, Cloud recognizes that pulling Tifa in for a hug is more romantic than interlocking fingers with Aerith. Maybe it's because he technically confessed when he answered "Not one bit" when Tifa asked if she was getting ahead of herself by thinking they're becoming so close.
Yeah him saying he didn't do anything was so awkward.... Sigh lol Oh, Cloud

shady

Pro Adventurer
I'm still surprised the Church scene at the end isn't being discussed as it should be in relation to the LTD? Because regardless of the HA version or the LA "nakama" version

Aerith still says

"At least I know now.. where you and I stand I mean"

"Thing is Cloud I really like you, but like can mean a lot of things can't it.. because there's liking and there's liking"

First of all for anyone that is a native English speaker you will know that having to clarify where you stand in a potentially romantic relationship is 99% of the time used in the context of it not being a good thing. Aerith is incredibly sad just saying it, it's something you generally say when you're trying to convey a feeling of romance to someone and they just aren't reciprocating back, so you "know where you stand"

On top of that, she likes Cloud that much is certain, but she doesn't seem to be able to quantify what kind of like.

After that Cloud seems sort of awkward and then says she's been acting weird all day. Some will say he just isn't good with this stuff and didn't know what to do, but they've already set the precedent now that when Tifa was doing something similar he was willing to actually put himself out there and say actually nope I feel the same way.

I don't see how this isn't a death knell to the LTD and yet it's been completely brushed off?

Rose Alive

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Always hungry
I'm still surprised the Church scene at the end isn't being discussed as it should be in relation to the LTD? Because regardless of the HA version or the LA "nakama" version

Aerith still says

"Thing is Cloud I really like you, but like can mean a lot of things can't it.. because there's liking and there's liking"

First of all for anyone that is a native English speaker you will know that having to clarify where you stand in a potentially romantic relationship is 99% of the time used in the context of it not being a good thing. Aerith is incredibly sad just saying it, it's something you generally say when you're trying to convey a feeling of romance to someone and they just aren't reciprocating back, so you "know where you stand"

On top of that, she likes Cloud that much is certain, but she doesn't seem to be able to quantify what kind of like.

After that Cloud seems sort of awkward and then says she's been acting weird all day. Some will say he just isn't good with this stuff and didn't know what to do, but they've already set the precedent now that when Tifa was doing something similar he was willing to actually put himself out there and say actually nope I feel the same way.

I don't see how this isn't a death knell to the LTD and yet it's been completely brushed off?
It was a huge nail in the coffin. Yet it's still going over some people's heads. I've been reading some takes on it in various places, and some people are seeing that scene as romantic. Apparently Aerith was telling Cloud she loved him and he was reciprocating. In the context of that scene and the rest of the game, I'm not sure how that conclusion was reached.

Rin

Pro Adventurer

Aerith still says

For logical people, it was an LTD killer but .... some people are just determined to keep the LTD going no matter what happens in the story.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
I'm in The Temple of the Ancients and Aerith dancing with the staff doesn't really remind me much of the Yuna dance. However, Tifa is the one enraptured by Aerith, so she would be Tidus in this analogy lol

Cloud is starting to lose it. It's scary D:

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM

Aerith still says

I could argue that Cloud may not totally understand what she's trying to say, and the fact that it immediately precedes her death could lead to a kind of realization on his part that happens because it's too late. It would fold neatly into his total mental collapse, his being in denial of her death + his realizing he's in love with her.

Now, I personally don't actually believe this, but it wouldn't surprise me if some people walked away with that impression. Just trying to be as impartial as I can be while fully absorbing all the storytelling devices the writers are utilizing. That being said, compared to everything else that occurred in Remake and Rebirth re: Cloud and Tifa's organically developing relationship, it doesn't really hold up.

And as I type this out, actually, it also wouldn't be surprising if Cloud convinces himself he was in love with Aerith, fall deeper into his identity crisis, experience a full mental breakdown, then slowly piece himself together with Tifa's help and regain not only his identity, but remember and more deeply realize his feelings for Tifa. I don't know. So long as it ended up in the right place, I could be into that level of drama lol.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
I'm in The Temple of the Ancients and Aerith dancing with the staff doesn't really remind me much of the Yuna dance. However, Tifa is the one enraptured by Aerith, so she would be Tidus in this analogy lol

Cloud is starting to lose it. It's scary D:
Best of luck. That chapter is amazing and fucking harrowing.

shady

Pro Adventurer
I could argue that Cloud may not totally understand what she's trying to say, and the fact that it immediately precedes her death could lead to a kind of realization on his part that happens because it's too late. It would fold neatly into his total mental collapse, his being in denial of her death + his realizing he's in love with her.

Now, I personally don't actually believe this, but it wouldn't surprise me if some people walked away with that impression. Just trying to be as impartial as I can be while fully absorbing all the storytelling devices the writers are utilizing. That being said, compared to everything else that occurred in Remake and Rebirth re: Cloud and Tifa's organically developing relationship, it doesn't really hold up.

And as I type this out, actually, it also wouldn't be surprising if Cloud convinces himself he was in love with Aerith, fall deeper into his identity crisis, experience a full mental breakdown, then slowly piece himself together with Tifa's help and regain not only his identity, but remember and more deeply realize his feelings for Tifa. I don't know. So long as it ended up in the right place, I could be into that level of drama lol.
I get what you are saying but even Aerith herself isn’t saying she’s in love, she’s saying she likes, but isn’t sure what kind of like. We both know there is a big distinction between like and love, and they would have made her say love if this was the case. This is also irrespective of how Cloud is feeling regardless

liuliuliu

Pro Adventurer
i think the best and sweetest quest with Aerith is the one in Cosmo Canyon where you snap shots of Aerith. That one is really cute, and actually make me feel like they are dating. The one in Costa de sol is just weird.

JaeKony

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JaeKony
i think the best and sweetest quest with Aerith is the one in Cosmo Canyon where you snap shots of Aerith. That one is really cute, and actually make me feel like they are dating. The one in Costa de sol is just weird.
Agreed. I found the:
Cosmo Canyon Photography Side Quest with Aerith more appealing. I’m fairly certain that side quest is going to be analyzed by shippers and just Aerith fans in general. There are sweet moments like Cloud sneaking photos of Aerith but also interesting parallels between the constellations and the planet’s fate and Aerith’s.

Last edited:

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
I get what you are saying but even Aerith herself isn’t saying she’s in love, she’s saying she likes, but isn’t sure what kind of like. We both know there is a big distinction between like and love, and they would have made her say love if this was the case. This is also irrespective of how Cloud is feeling regardless
Fair point. In Japanese, she does say suki, though? Which I guess is a "love lite." But you're right. If they wanted to go full impact, they would have had her say the L word.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

Aerith still says

Question:
I've seen the word "nakama" being thrown around again ... does Cloud say that in Japanese or does the scene have 2 routes and he only says it in one? I can't find like a low affection version of the scene online.

Also can someone whose been following the LT since wayway waaaay back, wasn't it a lot more Clerithy early on? I just read something about "Clotis controlling the internet since 1997" and I don't think that's accurate.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I've seen the word "nakama" being thrown around again ... does Cloud say that in Japanese or does the scene have 2 routes and he only says it in one? I can't find like a low affection version of the scene online
The scene has 2 routes and in one of them Cloud says they should hang out again bc they are "Nakama" (friends). The realization that Cloud doesn't have feelings for her hits Aerith then and she comes to realize that she may not have feelings for him, either. At least not romantic ones.

Also, I'm not sure about the fandom but I know Clerith used to be pretty popular back in the day. Its popularity has definitely phased out now though.

Top Bottom