SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I wonder what its gonna take to actually kill the LTD. Because so far it wasn't enough which is why there are so many extreme cleriths. (Nothing wrong with being clerith but I meant the whole idea that they are canon)
Honestly, nothing will kill it. Absolutely nothing. I'd bet $100 on it

D

Deleted member 26496

That's definitely the way you're coming across
What a pathetic reply honestly. I guess me having a different opinion and stating my reasons for having that opinion is a bad thing apperantly. Nevermind that I can admit when I am wrong and can also just interpret things differently from you.

Reactions: LNK
D

Deleted member 26496

Honestly, I don't know how this LTD still exists, especially since we already know the end of the story.

If Square Enix intended for Cloud and Aerith to be the official couple of FF7, neither Zack nor Tifa would exist.

They wouldn't spend so much time developing Zack and Tifa, only to have them end up heartbroken in the end.

Do people forget they're playing a Final Fantasy? The developers want their main characters to have a happy ending after all the trials they face.

There are moments between Cloud and Aerith that may seem romantic if you look at the scene individually, but considering the context of the story, it's clear that Aerith is actually searching for someone else.

The developers made it clear in Rebirth that Cloud and Tifa's feelings are mutual.

Not even the most optimistic Cloti thought they would kiss so soon.

And Zack's entire motivation in the story is to reunite with Aerith.

It's simply impossible for this story to be what the Cleriths want it to be.

But for me, Rebirth has a problem, the developers weren't clear enough about Aerith's feelings for Cloud.

It's as if they wanted to make the player think: Is Aerith using Cloud as a substitute for Zack? Or does she have true feelings for him?

This mystery is completely unnecessary, it only exists to not alienate the Cleriths.

Honestly, the only way for Cloud and Aerith to be together is in an alternate reality where Tifa and Zack don't exist.

But I highly doubt the developers would make such a cowardly narrative decision.
Well we saw that alternate reality and it still didn't work out so not even that is enough for clerith to be a thing it seems

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I think after Part 3, the company will be bold to feature CT as one of FF couples. With CT kiss on Gold Saucer date, there's no way the devs won't do the same even advance the scene under the Highwind scene ala Tidus & Yuna in Macalania spring. This won't erase Clerith shippers since fanon ship exist in many fandoms, but it will kill the debate. There would be few months of denial and still challenge the canon but these people would be gone later on.

Here, I just hope the best for Zerith beyond their CCFF7/past relationship but with Cloti, I have no doubt 100%

D

Deleted member 26496

I think after Part 3, the company will be bold to feature CT as one of FF couples. With CT kiss on Gold Saucer date, there's no way the devs won't do the same even advance the scene under the Highwind scene ala Tidus & Yuna in Macalania spring. This won't erase Clerith shippers since fanon ship exist in many fandoms, but it will kill the debate. There would be few months of denial and still challenge the canon but these people would be gone later on.
Do you think the Highwind sex scene is gonna be optional again? Because I don't really see how.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
What a pathetic reply honestly. I guess me having a different opinion and stating my reasons for having that opinion is a bad thing apperantly. Nevermind that I can admit when I am wrong and can also just interpret things differently from you.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's true. That's the way you came across. You spent two pages acting as if the effort Cloud was putting in had nothing to do with his feelings for Tifa.

I'm not saying you are now admitting you're wrong, devil's comment came before that though

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Do you think the Highwind sex scene is gonna be optional again? Because I don't really see how.
What mechanic they will use to get either LA & HA? Bond of friendship again now with Cid and Vincent in equation?
LA & HA is used for Clerith scene in the church. LA & HA don't make the result different.
In the night before final battle, Cloti still spend romantic night, just less intimate or more intimate.
In the church, Aerith still say "now I know where we stand" just less rejection or more rejection.

D

Deleted member 26496

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's true. That's the way you came across. You spent two pages acting as if the effort Cloud was putting in had nothing to do with his feelings for Tifa.

I'm not saying you are now admitting you're wrong, devil's comment came before that though
What do you mean by devils comment?

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I wonder what it's gonna take to actually kill the LTD. Because so far it wasn't enough which is why there are so many extreme cleriths. (Nothing wrong with being clerith but I meant the whole idea that they are canon)
Nothing which is why it's not worth worrying about imo. Whether SE says Cloti is in a committed relationship or not, the "debate" will rage on forever. It's just better to just let the main fighters duke it out amongst each other. My advice? Block stupid takes on sight to curate the right FF7 experience for your own sanity.

D

Deleted member 26496

Nothing which is why it's not worth worrying about imo. Whether SE says Cloti is in a committed relationship or not, the "debate" will rage on forever. It's just better to just let the main fighters duke it out amongst each other. My advice? Block stupid takes on sight to curate the right FF7 experience for your own sanity.
You are absoultely right but I meant just if they would have sex or not or if its something thats gonna be optional again. Because in the OG it took your affection points from the entire game to decide wether or not you get the LA or the HA scene but with part 3 thats not really possible unless they reintroduce the affection system in some way. So I wonder if its not optional now.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
There probably won’t be a sex scene. I expect a kiss, fade to black and MAYBE them lying under sheets or just seeing them put the last of their clothes back on.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Unless the rating is the same as 16, I'm thinking less explicit than Clive and Jill's scene

D

Deleted member 26496

Their comment was posted before you admitted to being wrong
At the end of the day my opinions may have upset you in some way but I still thought it was interresting to discuss and talk about. That being said, boiling down everything I said into a short passive aggressive twitter-esqe response isn't helpful to anyone and also something that we should all avoid. Also this forum was kind of dead and turning into an echo chamber and at times I tried to get some opinions and thoughts on this matter from you guys to see other peoples perspective and Im glad I did

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
So does that mean Zidane and Garnet were never together?

Zidane and Garnet?? FF9 right? I thought they got married? i played FF9 years ago sorry I genuinely can't remember

This is exactly what Zack do for his trauma as well (and I hate those who said he's just happy-go-lucky and fail to see how he COVERS it in hopeful persona).

On Angeal's death when Aerith hugged him I think that's the first time I saw him can't cover up anymore and hence he cried. This is one of the best trait he have and able to share it with Aerith. I kinda wished he able to share to Cloud though.. if only there more time.

He's never just a 'happy go lucky person' but he always tries to be one.

Reactions: Rin

Rin

Pro Adventurer
You are absoultely right but I meant just if they would have sex or not or if it's something thats gonna be optional again. Because in the OG it took your affection points from the entire game to decide wether or not you get the LA or the HA scene but with part 3 thats not really possible unless they reintroduce the affection system in some way. So I wonder if it's not optional now.
Hmmm. Hard to say, really. The structure of part 3 will probably be different since Cloud is comatose for a bit but one of the devs said they would still like character relationships to be a thing in part 3 recently, I think. But I'd prefer if there are no LA/HA for the highwind this time.

D

Deleted member 26496

Hmmm. Hard to say, really. The structure of part 3 will probably be different since Cloud is comatose for a bit but one of the devs said they would still like character relationships to be a thing in part 3 recently, I think. But I'd prefer if there are no LA/HA for the highwind this time.
From what I have seen, most people want the HA version. Not just clotis. But I could see them putting the affection system in so you would have to earn the HA version by doing more side quests by giving us more things to do as real Cloud maybe.

Axiom

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Axiom
I wonder what its gonna take to actually kill the LTD. Because so far it wasn't enough which is why there are so many extreme cleriths. (Nothing wrong with being clerith but I meant the whole idea that they are canon)
Honestly? And this is gonna sound incredibly silly.

Part 3's song needs to Tifa singing about how she is gonna fill Cloud's hollow heart.

But again, the LTD is already dead for me.

Top Bottom