SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
So, what exactly is the situation with these events? Cloud and Aerith had a wedding event in 2017 but it wasn't the main one being featured, is that it?

and then what's the situation with the Cloti one? was that just a once off? did that happen more than once?

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
So, what exactly is the situation with these events? Cloud and Aerith had a wedding event in 2017 but it wasn't the main one being featured, is that it?

and then what's the situation with the Cloti one? was that just a once off? did that happen more than once?
I thought CA didn't have a wedding event and it was photoshopped? XD

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I should've known better by now.

I'd seen that artstyle before in another game(?) that had events that were kinda like this situation, which is why I thought it was real.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I think the Cloti one is a photoshop, too. In the image of Cloud cutting the cake, there's no shadow under Tifa's feet.

I may be wrong so please correct me, I dont play that mobile game.

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
I think the Cloti one is a photoshop, too. In the image of Cloud cutting the cake, there's no shadow under Tifa's feet.

I may be wrong, I dont play that mobile game.
Considering how much people lie about silly stuff like this as if it'll change the narrative in the main games, maybe they're all photoshopped. XD

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
It was just an event in Airborne Brigade mobile game. Cloud marries no one.

If they really want to play this game, Cloud and Tifa shares the sames colors scheme (white/gray) and Tifa's event gives you the cake for Cloud's wedding knife.

tl;dr : It means nothing.

Last edited:

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
As I swirl deeper into my brain rot and get closer and closer to debating people. I decided I’ll just write my dissertation on my thoughts of the LTD and the narrative as a whole as far as Rebirth goes cause I need to VENT it here.

I can’t take the bad takes anymore. I can’t. Need release.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
As I swirl deeper into my brain rot and get closer and closer to debating people. I decided I’ll just write my dissertation on my thoughts of the LTD and the narrative as a whole as far as Rebirth goes cause I need to VENT it here.

I hear you, I hear you....

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel

The war is in Saint Twittersburg, so I remain firmly away from its shores lol

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And yet for a full understanding, someone has to do it.
Someone does, yes.

So I've seen. Ignoring the direct statements of the real world song writer about the songs meaning is truly maddening.
I mean, par for the course for decades at this point.

Thanks to everyone who brings an honest but different opinion in here. Echo chamber bad.
Yes, if you disagree with me, bring it up. Even if we wind up fighting tooth and nail that's a good thing.

Usually less intense. The real fun is multi-day insomnia + migraine. Those hit like an actual car wreck inside my skull, complete with full body sensory overload :awesome: I'm so glad those are currently infrequent.
That does not sound fun.

"We request a dispenser here, please."

I kinda love it.
Manner CO, with a please and thank you on every bullet.

Your first impulse has much merit.
I'll start bothering them about it ASAP.

Pauling is so hyper-competent i'd believe it.
As would I.

I've seen him hold out for a week or more once or twice but... basically yeah. Note that I'm not counting occasions where his powers were on the fritz and I'm sure you're not either.
Even then he has to stop himself. I'm also reminded of a time when he was taking a longer break (Healing up, IIRC) and someone else stepped up to be Spider-Man because the city needed one and got his ass handed to him until Pete showed back up to save the guy.

Some days are better than others. Out of curiosity, gave you ever read Jim Butcher's Spider-Man novel?
I have not but I suspect he'd be a good fit for old webhead.

True enough. I mean, if you can't sleep with someone who tried to kill your cousin Jenn's options get much more limited.
If Jenn had to stop associating with everyone who tried to kill Bruce she'd have to stop hanging out with Bruce and a lot of his friends.

Oh this shakes cobwebs off the ol' brain. Remember when everyone just shut up and gave her no one to respond to but you for hours in end? She just straight went dark until someone gave up and posted and boom she responded to them instantly.
Yes, she was deathly allergic to responding to me. So many weird excuses about why she wasn't responding.

Classic Anastar induced rage ensued. Man, the weird shit nostalgia attaches to.
As I recall her grand experiment of posting away from her own forums lasted all of a week. Apparently she was still on dialup, which somehow prevented her from opening notepad and copying things into there.

Oh just about all of them, barring prattling about AC credits and such. With good reason of course, you can't really prove a falsehood.
Basically all of their arguments sort of relied on assumption of the consequent. If you didn't assume Aerith was endgame already, there was always a simpler explanation at hand.

Some traditions should be allowed to die.
Some need help.

They seem rare. Not sure if related but those few I met all seemed to be primarily slash shippers with a focus on putting the most bishonen men they could find together outside of shipping Clerith. It was odd how much it stood out with them.
For some reason this reminds me of a group of women I knew in college, some of whom were self avowed lesbians, and those were the people in that group most into bL and Yaoi. It was a strange incongruence.

Forgive me, my involvement with Fire Emblem consists of me being annoyed at how many Smash roster slots they take up. I still wish I could have gotten Eggman as an echo fighter of Bowser Jr.
Fire Emblem has a cast that rivals the number of Pokemon, if not exceeds that, and a lot of smash releases have overlapped with major game releases so there's cross marketing. I do agree Eggman would have been a great addition to the Roster, but I also love how Byleth got implemented.

She certainly looked thoughtful that day. Maybe she found freedom in the end, I did what I could... even if it was mostly fucking with a religious person for lulz.
Also a worthwhile endeavor.

The Super Dragon balls know not what this "limitations" you speak of is, but it sounds like Yamcha.

Inconsequential, for anyone wondering.
Head Writer said no was the limitation here.

I think we ask too much but... yes please.
Next to the blue baby, just to really drive people insane.

Indeed it is not the flex they think it is.
Especially when on the opposition Sub there were comments like "I sort of thought it was CA, but then I played the game and saw I was wrong, now I'm CT all the way"

"Nothing worth doing is ever easy," is, while not factually accurate, still a phrase that comes to mind for good reason just now.
It's a psychological hurdle that needs to be overcome. Those are often the hardest part, even if the task itself is actually very easy.

This. Accurate translations, Tres' analysis essay, etc. They hate us for being right, and several of our people being talented enough to trot out the receipts to prove it.
And being unafraid to just say shit like it was.

I miss some of those silly bastards. Remember way back when Quex was learning to translate and being a brilliant example of "if you don't wanna take our word for it learn to do it yourself" and such? Good times.
Very good times. Doubts dispelling in real time.

Whenever y'all mention this Margot person I get a mixed image of Live Action Harley Quinn and the girl from The Shadow in my head. So, deranged and screaming. Sound accurate at all?
If only half the things I have heard are true it's perfectly accurate.

Oh by the way, I just wanna say that I'm not ignoring other posts in this here thread, I read 'em all. I've just got a rhythm going with the quite/response chain with Ryu.
Which is absolutely fair.

@Ryushikaze, there's a certain translation that I'm curious about, and I would be thankful if you could help clear up my confusion here:

View attachment 17012

So, is this translation correct? I see it circulate twitter a lot, but I've seen two different versions of it, one is the one I've posted here, which is seemingly referring to Tifa, or atleast used to refer to her.

But I've also seen translations that refer to Aerith/Zack here, or at least I think I have.

So, I'm just wondering what this actually says, thanks.

hmmm, now that I think about it I might have been confused on whether or not it said "his important person" or "those important to him", probably the latter.
OKay, the exact, literal translation there is just "important person" as opposed to "important people" as it's not in the plural, but if it's not referring to his family as a whole it's probably referring to Denzel, even though the general rules of antecedents would suggest Tifa is the one it refers to, as he's the important person Cloud is incapable of protecting what with him also having the fatal wasting disease.

I wonder if they knew Turks are her real bodyguard. Do they read TOTP? Do they play Ever Crisis?
To them, her bodyguard is Cloud only, even though he fail that job.

They just ship Aerith with blonde Zack lol. This is why I dont always mock Cali's crazy prediction because it can be turned to Zerith.

Clerith Week is always held during April-May because they say it's "april shower bring may flower" theme? Zerith canonically met at springs.
They celebrate Clerith's Wedding Anniversary based on Airborne Brigade 2017 June Bride event? Zerith is the official chained pair.
They say Hojo ship Clerith? I bet Hojo would prefer Zack if he knew one of their 1st class SOLDIER has relationship with the Cetra.
They say about Clerith's blue alien baby? Wait for Zerith live in another universe separated from the main one and make baby there please.
They say the Gongaga's baby weapons represent Cloud & Aerith? Wait for Zack & Aerith's role under lifestream at the time of weapons uproar to surface maybe. Btw, Nojima said Zack's role is tied to how Planet work, not to hook up his beloved to his best friend.

etc.
Cali who used to post here under a dozen alts and was actually from Ohio, that Cali? She's still around?

I may be wrong so please correct me, I dont play that mobile game.
Okay, I never played it and IIRC it was only ever in Japan, but to the best of my recollection and knowledge, there was a June bride event in 2017. Cloud and Aerith were released on the 1st, but Cloud had comments about Tifa during the event, and Tifa was the reward for doing well. Both Aerith and Tifa were dressed as brides and they were both on the banner, as was Jenova.
In 2019 there was the actual Z.A wedding June Bride event.

As far as I know all the images save the ones of ZA together are photoshopped and not from the original game?

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Cali who used to post here under a dozen alts and was actually from Ohio, that Cali? She's still around?
I think she's @CloudxAerith on twitter.

Yes, of course lol.

Also, I saw something going rounds these days, wait for it because it's cracking me up - it's from 2021:

View attachment 17018

No one but them could come with such a lame excuse I guess lol.
This is so rich, I think the first time I saw this I couldn't stop laughing the whole day.

I still see this Drajan person around, still spouting bullshit.

On another note, guess who? This one's just as hilarious:

1717610876970.png

OKay, the exact, literal translation there is just "important person" as opposed to "important people" as it's not in the plural, but if it's not referring to his family as a whole it's probably referring to Denzel, even though the general rules of antecedents would suggest Tifa is the one it refers to, as he's the important person Cloud is incapable of protecting what with him also having the fatal wasting disease.
Yeah, that's weird.

Saying Cloud couldn't protect this person implies said person needs protecting, but does Tifa need protection at the time he leaves? Not to my knowledge. But then again "protecting" is an odd way to phrase it if it's referring to Denzel, he can't really "protect" Denzel from Geostigma. You don't really say you're "protecting" somebody who is currently ill.

Cloud says in the film that he's not fit to protect his family or friends, so that's plural but this quote is singular. Very odd.

Okay, I never played it and IIRC it was only ever in Japan, but to the best of my recollection and knowledge, there was a June bride event in 2017. Cloud and Aerith were released on the 1st, but Cloud had comments about Tifa during the event, and Tifa was the reward for doing well. Both Aerith and Tifa were dressed as brides and they were both on the banner, as was Jenova.
In 2019 there was the actual Z.A wedding June Bride event.
So Zerith won in the end? You love to see it.

This might be asking a bit much, but can you remember what Cloud had to say?

And also, could I also ask for verification on whether these are real or not? I think I heard it dropped before on this forum of fake phone wallpapers, so it had me curious. And I know Tres' analysis hasn't been updated in a long time and was finished about a decade ago, so maybe new information has come to light on them that I wasn't aware of.

1717611220230.png1717611231833.png1717611364506.png1717611373933.png

If any of these is going to be is going to be fake, I'd have to guess the Mickey and Minney Mouse one - Cloud and Tifa are kinda out of place.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes, of course lol.

Also, I saw something going rounds these days, wait for it because it's cracking me up - it's from 2021:

View attachment 17018

Every accusation a confession and all that jazz.

I think she's @CloudxAerith on twitter.

This is so rich, I think the first time I saw this I couldn't stop laughing the whole day.

I still see this Drajan person around, still spouting bullshit.

On another note, guess who? This one's just as hilarious:

View attachment 17019

Yeah, that's weird.

Saying Cloud couldn't protect this person implies said person needs protecting, but does Tifa need protection at the time he leaves? Not to my knowledge. But then again "protecting" is an odd way to phrase it if it's referring to Denzel, he can't really "protect" Denzel from Geostigma. You don't really say you're "protecting" somebody who is currently ill.

Cloud says in the film that he's not fit to protect his family or friends, so that's plural but this quote is singular. Very odd.

So Zerith won in the end? You love to see it.

This might be asking a bit much, but can you remember what Cloud had to say?
Nope. Like I said, I never played it. I'm not even sure if there is a transcription of this. Details on the game are very sparse, even on the usually very archive intense FFWiki.

And also, could I also ask for verification on whether these are real or not? I think I heard it dropped before on this forum of fake phone wallpapers, so it had me curious. And I know Tres' analysis hasn't been updated in a long time and was finished about a decade ago, so maybe new information has come to light on them that I wasn't aware of.

View attachment 17020View attachment 17021View attachment 17022View attachment 17023

If any of these is going to be is going to be fake, I'd have to guess the Mickey and Minney Mouse one - Cloud and Tifa are kinda out of place.
All the ones aside from the Disney tie in are ones released by Square, IIRC, though I believe they are from a different, earlier service than the airborne squadron game. The Disney one I have no idea on. It's not like Square and Disney don't ever work together and I could absolutely see cross promotion going on.
Especially as Tokyo Disney IIRC does a lot of "perfect date spot" marketing in Japan.

Again, this is all to the best of my knowledge. I would not be at all offended if you looked for secondary verification.
It's kinda funny how much of a brouhaha this mobile game not even S-E gave a shit about is causing, really.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Someone does, yes.

It helps if you can find someone with a touch of bile fascination to go with their Intellectual curiosity.

I mean, par for the course for decades at this point.

The fact that it's expected only makes it more madness inducing, imo.

Yes, if you disagree with me, bring it up. Even if we wind up fighting tooth and nail that's a good thing.

If it comes to that we have good referees.

That does not sound fun.

It's so not fun that it sometimes feels like a flex to say I'm not dead yet :monster:

Manner CO, with a please and thank you on every bullet.

Manner Co Engie should be fun.

I'll start bothering them about it ASAP.

That's the way.

As would I.

Pauling can't get in as 10th class, cause then the war might end.

Even then he has to stop himself. I'm also reminded of a time when he was taking a longer break (Healing up, IIRC) and someone else stepped up to be Spider-Man because the city needed one and got his ass handed to him until Pete showed back up to save the guy.

Oh yeah, that's another repeating scenario in Pete's life. The one I remember was Mattie Franklin.

I have not but I suspect he'd be a good fit for old webhead.

Harry Dresden already processed to follow the Tao of Peter Parker, so he definitely had the dialogue down pat. It's Rhino who might take you by surprise, his subplot is great.

If Jenn had to stop associating with everyone who tried to kill Bruce she'd have to stop hanging out with Bruce and a lot of his friends.

Exactly.

Yes, she was deathly allergic to responding to me. So many weird excuses about why she wasn't responding.

Yep. I think she was one of the people who inspired my "an excuse should actually excuse you" rant with that business.

As I recall her grand experiment of posting away from her own forums lasted all of a week. Apparently she was still on dialup, which somehow prevented her from opening notepad and copying things into there.

It is a mystery that will surely never be solved.

Basically all of their arguments sort of relied on assumption of the consequent. If you didn't assume Aerith was endgame already, there was always a simpler explanation at hand.

We tried to teach them Occam's Razor. They willfully misunderstood it.

Some need help.

We do what we can.

For some reason this reminds me of a group of women I knew in college, some of whom were self avowed lesbians, and those were the people in that group most into bL and Yaoi. It was a strange incongruence.

Sounds familiar. Not that we judge them for this of course, but it did defy my understanding. T'was a good lesson for me, that if it does no harm people don't have to make sense to me.

Fire Emblem has a cast that rivals the number of Pokemon, if not exceeds that, and a lot of smash releases have overlapped with major game releases so there's cross marketing. I do agree Eggman would have been a great addition to the Roster, but I also love how Byleth got implemented.

I understand why FE gets so much representation, and I agree that Byleth does an amazing job representing their franchise. Actually featuring the weapon triangle in their set was good and proper. It's not so much how many fighters they get that bugs me as how few other franchises get.

And yes, when so many people were clamoring to put Shadow in I argued that Metal Sonic or Eggman made more sense. Seriously, just echo-fighter Bowser Jr. in the Koopa Clown car, reskin it's attacks appropriately, and you could reference the Eggmobile and one of uts variants from like every 2d Sonic game with a couple of 3d references on top. Make the old Death Egg Robot his final smash and boom, we got another iconic villain and i could be teaming up Eggman with Sephiroth.

Also a worthwhile endeavor.

Ain't it just?

Head Writer said no was the limitation here.

Oh what does the head writer know? Wanna see my Clerith conspiracy board?

Next to the blue baby, just to really drive people insane.

We'd need to fire up the popcorn machine.

Especially when on the opposition Sub there were comments like "I sort of thought it was CA, but then I played the game and saw I was wrong, now I'm CT all the way"

Hey, an actual flex. But if they were willing to contrast these things, they wouldn't be CAltists in the first place.

It's a psychological hurdle that needs to be overcome. Those are often the hardest part, even if the task itself is actually very easy.

Taking that first step is hard. Much easier to back up until you can pretend there is no line to step over.

And being unafraid to just say shit like it was.

And we were all unafraid to use sweet punnage and winning diction while saying shit like it is. They couldn't keep up with the wit.

Very good times. Doubts dispelling in real time.

Let's be honest though, Google Translate will get you further than listening to a CAltist. Actually learning genuine translation skills is even more impressive when you think of it that way.

If only half the things I have heard are true it's perfectly accurate.

I both love it and hate it when I'm right.

Which is absolutely fair.

We go way back after all.

Context is like kryptonite to CAltists.

She is sustained by spite and bad takes.

Yes, of course lol.

View attachment 17018

Dang it, I came here for a break from following politics and it's just more of the same projection and confession :doh:

ChaosandConfusion

Pro Adventurer
I thought this take was interesting...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240605_164615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240605_164615_Chrome.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20240605_164624_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240605_164624_Chrome.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20240605_164628_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240605_164628_Chrome.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20240605_164631_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240605_164631_Chrome.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 44

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
I thought this take was interesting...
It's certainly interesting to see the amount of hoops they jump through to make this work, that's for sure.

It's at least less...hostile-sounding (like, it's not directly aimed at disproving CT) but it still doesn't explain why he said nothing when Aerith said she now knew where they stood (and I'll die on the hill that that's never a sign of reciprocal feelings because I never heard it used like that in any media whatsoever) and it also never addresses why Cloud then chooses to kiss Tifa.

I'm miffed at the way my boi Zack is addressed throughout all that, though. :shifty:

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
But dodging Tifa? Afraid to tell her that you've been to Aerith's graves in the same way that you go to see your mistress or ex? That's just poor drama I'm sorry.
Stuff like this is why I hesitate to say that I ship CT.

I acknowledge that the story supports it being canon, but goddamn, sometimes I feel my girl Tifa deserves more than Cloud.

Edit to add: Retrilogy has so far given me a far better impression of Cloud as a partner.

Top Bottom