SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, there are plenty all over, I just meant I am going to write ideas, then adjust and correct inaccuracies as I go through and drop cites.
This whole thing is very sprawling isn't it? Nothing is ever simple or neat.

Oh yeah, I would never draw my conclusion from a mobage, save to point out it's yet another example of S-E realizing something might be seen as CA and then course correcting in various ways.
Yeah, interestingly enough there's a cutscene in Ever Crisis where Cloud basically says to himself while talking to Tifa at Seventh Heaven something along the lines of "Protect Tifa. I will become Tifa's strength, that is the only proof that I am Cloud."

Not quite. The roly poly jolly fat man in red existed well before their ad campaign in the 30s, but their specific art did sort of lock in that specific model for him.
For example, here is a 1905 Little Nemo strip that features him much as we know him now.
Interesting.

I mean, it was exactly that. Expectations filled?
Yeah, but it still feels underwhelming when it's on the 3DS.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, interestingly enough there's a cutscene in Ever Crisis where Cloud basically says to himself while talking to Tifa at Seventh Heaven something along the lines of "Protect Tifa. I will become Tifa's strength, that is the only proof that I am Cloud."

I just wanted to make it clear that his inner voice is saying "Take care of the Lady (Tifa)" and that helping her was the only way to find out that he was really himself. There is no "I will become Tifa's strenght".

We already have enough misinformation on the other side, I'd like us to be as close as possible to reality on ours. Because that's what makes us different. We don't need to extrapolate to prove our point.

(I know you weren't quoting precisely, but I'd like to clear up the subject before anyone accuses us of anything.)

Last edited:

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I just wanted to make it clear that his inner voice is saying "Please take care of Tifa" and that helping her was the only way to find out that he was really himself. There is no "I will become Tifa's strenght".

We already have enough misinformation on the other side, I'd like us to be as close as possible to reality on ours. Because that's what makes us different. We don't need to extrapolate to prove our point.

(I know you weren't quoting precisely, but I'd like to clear up the subject before anyone accuses us of anything.)
My bad, then. I was just trying to go off of what I remembered.

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
My bad, then.

No problem at all ! To tell you the truth, you may be close to the JP version. Because they're using this word :

1717846145668.png

Here's the screens if you want to ask for a translation or use them in the future !

1717845512275.png
『ティファを守ってやりな』

1717845556093.png
ティファの力になる・・・・・・
今はこれだけが俺にとって
クラウドだという証だった。

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Ever Crisis stuff is cute. Generally I can enjoy Za, Ca, Ct, etc stuff in peace there, yes even ZA (because I warmed up to Zack after Rebirth, I know, I know, gatekeeping and everything, but better late than never?.) Like I can choose to talk to Aerith first at Gold Saucer (and Cloud says something like come on Aerith lets go, ) but everyone sans Barret ends up going anyway and meets Cait Sith because EC also does it's own thing with story at times. Cloud even says sure to Aerith's offer of a date. It's cute. Generally just fluff, etc that people can enjoy. As mentioned CT, ZA get stuff too. Just not to take it too seriously because mobage but maybe a bit more than others because it's actually FFVII and might actually tie into things somehow? Same way Dissidia was more canon than some mobages.

Anyway I'm happy because it looks like I'm going to have enough gems for both of the new Aerith and Tifa costumes 💜

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Ever Crisis stuff is cute. Generally I can enjoy Za, Ca, Ct, etc stuff in peace there, yes even ZA (because I warmed up to Zack after Rebirth, I know, I know, gatekeeping and everything, but better late than never?.) Like I can choose to talk to Aerith first at Gold Saucer (and Cloud says something like come on Aerith lets go, ) but everyone sans Barret ends up going anyway and meets Cait Sith because EC also does it's own thing with story at times. Cloud even says sure to Aerith's offer of a date. It's cute. Generally just fluff, etc that people can enjoy. As mentioned CT, ZA get stuff too. Just not to take it too seriously because mobage but maybe a bit more than others because it's actually FFVII and might actually tie into things somehow? Same way Dissidia was more canon than some mobages.

Anyway I'm happy because it looks like I'm going to have enough gems for both of the new Aerith and Tifa costumes 💜

Personally, my way of thinking about EC is as follows:

• Main Story: Dialogues and attitudes can be taken into account since it's supposed to be an abridged version of FF7.
  • Events (Monster Hunter, Christmas, Easter and so on): Same level as fan fictions on the internet. You can enjoy it for what it is, but it's totally inconsequential and of no value to canon lore.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Just to jump in here a bit, but what little exposure I have to yaoi (my sister is a hardcore fan) gave me the impression that Yaoi pairs aren't really two men. One of them is so feminine he might as well be a woman (and it's usually the uke). This isn't to say that men can't have feminine traits, but...that they behave like main girls in shoujo.

I did hear word that the Bara genre came about cause gay men didn't appreciate yaoi.
That is correct to the best of my knowledge. Yaoi for the 'rotten women', Bara for the gay men who like buff dudes.

This whole thing is very sprawling isn't it? Nothing is ever simple or neat.

Every Crisis, like Before Crisis is intended to be a part of the compilation (as was G-bike, I think) so I would definitely count it as supplementary materials. The costumes and seasonal events are pure fluff and what ifs, of course.

Yeah, but it still feels underwhelming when it's on the 3DS.
True enough.

• Main Story: Dialogues and attitudes can be taken into account since it's supposed to be an abridged version of FF7.
  • Events (Monster Hunter, Christmas, Easter and so on): Same level as fan fictions on the internet. You can enjoy it for what it is, but it's totally inconsequential and of no value to canon lore.
This. Tifa's Easter tea party event and Cloud's reactions were cute, but never happened. The character stories, first soldier, and game chapters are meant to be part of the story and do happen.

Eerie

Fire and Blood

There are also the characters stories which are canon and really enjoyable!

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Use them well and with pride, then.

Without hesitation.

Only if you sass the handbook specified amount.

But GLADoS incinerated the handbook...

One hopes.

I spent years gently but deliberately challenging their world view, so at least people being different shouldn't surprise them. I've seen culture shock drive kids deeper into Christian conservatism than they already were.

I could try doing a rendition but I'm much better at Vegeta and Piccolo voices.

My MasakoX Goku isn't terrible, but same.

Maybe if a production of Jesus Christ Superstar was also being put on just next door.

Ah yes, I forgot. We can't always aspire for better, but we can always aspire for more.

Yeah, so many good ideas there.

If we ever did design together we need a third at minimum for these times when both of our ideas work so well. Although I guess a coin flip or dice roll could work just as well.

Sadly, he never gets to enjoy that bucket on Christmas.

I knew you'd go there :muhaha:

You always have to be prepared for neurotoxin on the bleeding edge of science.

You'd really like think they'd have known by that point.

Nananananananananananananananana Fact-Man!

Perfect.

Their Aerith is absolutely far worse a character than Square Enix's, that's for sure.

Cause Aerith didn't have enough problems.

That's just a short arc. The whole book is about what it's like to live in a town full of superheroes or be a superhero. It's a reconstructionist take on the genre.

I do like both deconstructions and reconstructions.

When Aerith is not on screen all the other characters should be asking where Aerith is.

Bottom of a lake eventually becomes the answer.

Then you bring the hammer down.

Heat, beat, repeat?

Fair. The place is often very dead. Because the discord server, natch.

Yop tried to lure me there with memes. Makes me wish I could lure them back to posting :monster:

Can he be killed with fire? We don't know.

Ah true, in Smash he can be defeated by fire but not killed. Scary biz.

It'd probably run fine on it too.

It handles Skyrim pretty dang well, and Dissidia doesn't have Bethesda Bloat. Bin sure it could handle it.

Technically not, as it was an act by a de-facto government on its own people and thus a human rights violation. At minimum it is a mass homicide.

Technically true. Although if for instance the USA sent intelligence operatives with military support to murder two towns of people to get rid of a domestic terrorist group/instigate a war by blaming it on another nation, I'd still call it a war crime :monster:

Zack by comparison... killed enemy combatants? Who all attacked him first, basically?

Basically yeah.

I mean, it will crush them either way.

Squish.

Much like that, yes.

Sounds good to me then.

The standards they set on CT - and just CT - are downright absurd. It's why you always have to turn right around and apply them right back on CA. Doesn't convince them, mind, but the excuses they make are funny.

When they bother to make one, yep.

Yes, Humor. Ha ha...

I forget, how long ago was the submersible implosion? Last year, right?

That's a terrible idea. They would taste awful and would be extremely unhealthy. Use them as fertilizer for better food.

Indirectly eat the rich.

That was the thought.

:awesomonster:

Yeah, it's good for fast food, but far below what many other specialty places can do re: fried chicken even. I'm very much spoiled for choice, mind.

True. I sometimes miss choices like that.

Wife and I were listening to the Greatest Showman soundtrack during a drive last night, and I brought up that SE got the same singer as Never Enough to do NPTK for Rebirth, and she brought up a good point- When are people going to mash the two songs together?

It's astounding it hasn't been done already.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Every Crisis, like Before Crisis is intended to be a part of the compilation (as was G-bike, I think) so I would definitely count it as supplementary materials. The costumes and seasonal events are pure fluff and what ifs, of course.
G-bike also has some nice Cloti treats. Cloud is incredibly determined to win because it's Tifa's birthday, he "can't afford to lose on Tifa's birthday.

Funny enough, I think it's in Ever Crisis that Tifa's cat leads Zangan to the reactor to help her.
Damn, I didn't know Squall suddenly had spiky hair 🤣

View attachment 17070
They got so defensive over this I was actually a little taken aback. Nobody mentioned Cloud and Tifa being the canon pairing (they are), the person was just pointing out the reference, yet they felt the need to immediately begin spouting off that "Aerith and Cloud are canon it's written in the law".

EDIT: and I'm not talking about this account in the image, their username makes me think it's a troll or someone posing as a Clerith.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
G-bike also has some nice Cloti treats. Cloud is incredibly determined to win because it's Tifa's birthday, he "can't afford to lose on Tifa's birthday.

Funny enough, I think it's in Ever Crisis that Tifa's cat leads Zangan to the reactor to help her.

They got so defensive over this I was actually a little taken aback. Nobody mentioned Cloud and Tifa being the canon pairing (they are), the person was just pointing out the reference, yet they felt the need to immediately begin spouting off that "Aerith and Cloud are canon it's written in the law".
It's amazing just how angry and defensive this one easter egg made them. It's not even an easter egg by the same company. CT makes these people irrationally angry.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
It's amazing just how angry and defensive this one easter egg made them. It's not even an easter egg by the same company. CT makes these people irrationally angry.
Not exactly related to the easter egg, but I was just thinking that the fandom discourse would probably be a lot better if people stopped lying about silly stuff that's easy to verify and instead just enjoyed what is there.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I never noticed they had the same battle voice lines! So cool!
I think Zack and Aerith also share some similar lines.

Again, them having matching battle quotes just feeds into the idea that they're "in-sync" with each other, and that the game constantly wants you to associate the two together, to think of them as a pair. Even the cinematography in Remake treats them as such.

Their synergy attacks are incredibly coordinated rushes of attacks. "Synchro Cyclone" ,besides the name, being the most obvious one, showcasing the two literally 1:1 mirroring each other.

And also their level 2 limit breaks, they both mirror each other to an extent. At the very least, they both end their lv 2 via a close-up slowmotion rising attack.

And it's referencing a moment that is supposedly meaningless, "optional", yet it sparked that much of a reaction.

Somethings not lining up here, make you wonder, doesn't it?

Not exactly related to the easter egg, but I was just thinking that the fandom discourse would probably be a lot better if people stopped lying about silly stuff that's easy to verify and instead just enjoyed what is there.
We wouldn't be here right now if this was the case.

Maybe the real LTD...was the friends we made along the way?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
But if they allow us any ground the shipping war is over for good. Deep down, they know that. It's why they are so adamant about downplaying the CT side.

EDIT: and I'm talking about this account in the image, their username makes me think it's a troll or someone posing as a Clerith.
Yeah, I saw that too. It could be a troll, but there are plenty of legit nutty shippers out there.

And it's referencing a moment that is supposedly meaningless, "optional", yet it sparked that much of a reaction.

Somethings not lining up here, make you wonder, doesn't it?
I mean, it would if I hadn't figured these people out over a decade ago.

We wouldn't be here right now if this was the case.

Maybe the real LTD...was the friends we made along the way?
The Long Time Dudes and Dudettes?

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
But if they allow us any ground the shipping war is over for good. Deep down, they know that. It's why they are so adamant about downplaying the CT side.
Not only downplaying CT, because downplaying CT is inherently downplaying Tifa. And the same is true for ZA.

Yeah, I saw that too. It could be a troll, but there are plenty of legit nutty shippers out there.
I swear people are so bad at making alt accounts or these types of troll accounts, this one in particular makes me go: "you really couldn't think of anything better, anything more discreet?"

I mean, it would if I hadn't figured these people out over a decade ago.
Yeah, it's the same situation as a little while ago when Japanese Cleriths were apparently begging for UTH to be removed or Aerith given an optional route in part 3. It's like, I wonder why you want it gone, huh? It's teetering on the edge of admitting something.

Which makes me laugh because of all the time they spend mouthing off that Cloti and Tifa are fanservice.
The Long Time Dudes and Dudettes?
Just think about it: No LTD - No Long Time Dudes and or Dudettes.

View attachment 17071

I think this is pretty accurate. Sorry if I sound petty.
It's missing the one where they put in the earplugs, and then the one where they bury their head in the sand.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, it's the same situation as a little while ago when Japanese Cleriths were apparently begging for UTH to be removed or Aerith given an optional route in part 3. It's like, I wonder why you want it gone, huh? It's teetering on the edge of admitting something.

These takes were so strange ! Like bruh... do you realize what you're saying? lmao

Nancy

Lv. 25 Adventurer

Which makes me laugh because of all the time they spend mouthing off that Cloti and Tifa are fanservice.

They want it gone and then they will turn around and say they want Aerith to get one too like 'make up your mind people' but then I remember these kinds don't know how to use their heads anymore

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
“These moments aren’t romantic, they’re just friends, Tifa is like his sister!”

“Also, give Aerith versions of these scenes pls, that’d be so romantic!”

Pick a lane please lol
Saw somebody do something with AI: "UTH but with the canon couple of ff7"

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Not only downplaying CT, because downplaying CT is inherently downplaying Tifa. And the same is true for ZA.
I mean yeah, attacking the characters that pose problems to their ship is their first priority because they need to try and desperately level the playing field.

I swear people are so bad at making alt accounts or these types of troll accounts, this one in particular makes me go: "you really couldn't think of anything better, anything more discreet?"
The thing is, there are enough crazies that you have to invoke Poe's law.

Fan service is not inherently a bad thing. Sometimes the canon and fanservice go hand in hand. Or lip on lip, as the case may be.
And yes, many of them have been so close to realizing things.

Just think about it: No LTD - No Long Time Dudes and or Dudettes.
A sad thought indeed.

It's missing the one where they put in the earplugs, and then the one where they bury their head in the sand.
Also the one where they try and kneecap the girl in the top of the meme.

“These moments aren’t romantic, they’re just friends, Tifa is like his sister!”

“Also, give Aerith versions of these scenes pls, that’d be so romantic!”

Pick a lane please lol
The lane is "Tifa isn't allowed Romance. That's our, I mean Aerith's reward."

Saw somebody do something with AI: "UTH but with the canon couple of ff7"
Yuffie x Huge Materia?

Top Bottom