Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I just think if you're on a bunch of rocks and your friends are watching and it would be your first time (Cloud's first time, I don't think Tifa's a virgin and I don't mean that in an insulting way at all), having sex outside isn't such a hot idea.

1. They didn't know people were around. Why do you think they got so embarrassed?
2. This could possibly be their very last night together. They could DIE facing Sephiroth. Hence, they communicate their feelings. It could have gotten very passionate, especially since it could be their last day on earth.
3. What does it being his first time have to do with anything? It's the fact that they're in love. They're focused on each other.
4. What is with ya'll saying they did it on a bunch of pointy rocks?

And, I don't think the quote is necessarily a confirmation of sex, but it is a confirmation of something PHYSICAL. Hence "without words".

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Word to all of what Celes said.

YOU CNA TELL ITS PHOTOSHOPED! STOOPID CLOTIS PHOTOSHOPING STUFF TO PROVE YORU SHIP
Which reminds me of this:
zrbdh.jpg

Made by ExMachina, commissioned by moi. Ah, the old days when people were trying to argue that it wasn't really Cloud in the picture. Oh, no. I'm sure that it's just a palm tree with yellow leaves.

I just think if you're on a bunch of rocks
They're on a bunch of rocks? There might be rocks around, but I thought that they were lying on a clearing. Besides, it's hard to tell with those graphics.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
.... wait people seriously tried to argue Cloud wasn't in the picture?... man I missed a lot XD

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Someone show this to the Cleriths, and make sure to let them know this is from a LTD-neutral translator, who is not in this fandom at all. Let's see what they say.

it does not matter
independent in congress
still called red or blue

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Hey hey now, I'm far from squeamish. I'm not some innocent little virgin that thinks sex is too sacred and beautiful to be had anywhere but in the lifestream outside. :awesome:

I just think if you're on a bunch of rocks

Rocks aren't all that bad, actually. Certainly, these were comfy enough to sleep on, comfy enough to have akwardfist time sex in.

and your friends are watching

Not that they know of.

and it would be your first time (Cloud's first time, I don't think Tifa's a virgin and I don't mean that in an insulting way at all)

Just curious... why? Why do you think Cloud's a virgin but not the girl raised in the same sleepy little town he was?

, having sex outside isn't such a hot idea.

ANYWAYS the quote wasn't really black and white about whether or not they slept together, so I'm just gonna assume they didn't. :monster: That's all I'm really getting at.

But that's no fun! Besides, sex or not, it's still risque.

also of course these translations are twisted and biased, they were translated by Hito. HE IS FULL OF LIES AND CLOTI LOVE

So is reality, of course.

Vendel

Banned
So who knew that on a page about romantic love Cloud and Tifa would be the exception.

Because if it is CloTi then it can't be romantic.

AND A PICTURE OF AERITH IS RIGHT THERE!!!!

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
So who knew that on a page about romantic love Cloud and Tifa would be the exception.

Because if it is CloTi then it can't be romantic.

AND A PICTURE OF AERITH IS RIGHT THERE!!!!

lots of great couples
one would think they'd let Cloud go
I don't get these peeps

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
I'm not angry at you. I just don't see how those alternative theories could fit organically within all the variables I mentioned.

I wasn't thinking you were angry with me. It's just about an old lady who is a little sensitive about premarital sex like me. Please forgive me.
btw, what a speed you guys are building up this thread at!

Edit: 合, the sole kanji means being consistent not doing something together, so I think " match" is correct.

Last edited:
I just think if you're on a bunch of rocks and your friends are watching
So, maybe I missed something the few times I played through because this keeps getting brought up and I sincerely would like to be corrected if the way I understood this was wrong.

The party all leave a bit before sundown to go be with their loved ones, and they aren't being pressured to come back.
Tifa and Cloud communicate their feelings, fade to black, without words.
The next morning Tifa wakes up but they decide to sleep for a little longer.
The party members come back in the morning after spending the night with their own loved ones, returning to finish the fight.
They see Tifa and Cloud sleeping outside together, and put two and two together to what happened the night before.
Tifa gets embarrassed.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Hahaha, awesome; Cloti win xD
This is one of the reasons I want to see a VII remake happen. Gotta see that Highwind scene in CG :D

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
who is a little sensitive about premarital sex like me.
Your views on premarital sex aside...

FFVII is a game that seemingly has no problem with crossdressing, whorehouses, throwing its main character in a tub full of men where he expresses great ass pain, jokes about beastiality, dating a minor/man, etc.

It always amazes me that people think sex between two who love each other is somehow an untouchable subject.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You can add to that list, OWD, that Hojo apparently intended to breed Aerith with Red XIII against her will, and that on Barret's date with Cloud he somehow arrives at the conclusion that Cloud wants to diddle his 4-year-old.

Consentual sex between two homo sapien adults suddenly looks a lot less shocking to be here, whether outdoors or not.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Actually if a remake was made and it was rated M... I'd buy it in a sonic second :monster:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Someone show this to the Cleriths, and make sure to let them know this is from a LTD-neutral translator, who is not in this fandom at all. Let's see what they say.

From their point of view, an LTD-neutral translator would be someone whose translations are Clerith, or that Cloud loves both women (but especially Aerith), or that Cloud loves neither women (though he really loves Aerith). Since your sister's translation looks Cloti, she obviously would not qualify as neutral to them.

Quexinos said:
.... wait people seriously tried to argue Cloud wasn't in the picture?... man I missed a lot XD

Yes, you did :)

The LTD can be a wonderful source of entertainment. I remember one poster on GameFAQs claiming that Cloud had soundly rejected Tifa in the scene where the whole team boosts Cloud up into the sky towards Bahamut. This poster had wrongly heard Tifa's line there as "matte, matte" ("Wait! Wait!"), and reasoned that this was due to Cloud clearly not wanting anything to do with Tifa and so he had left her pleading for him as he sped on upwards on his own.

Oh, good times.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I just have this vision of that scene going on and she goes "WAIT WAIT!" and then Cloud throws her downward and she falls to her death or something. How tragic would that be? :monster:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Actually if a remake was made and it was rated M... I'd buy it in a sonic second :monster:

Oh I would too, don't mistake that :monster: But would SE publish it, is what I'm wondering. If they don't stay faithful to all the quirks of the original, which is a huge chunk of what made it such epic win way back when, in order to get a lower rating.

The LTD can be a wonderful source of entertainment. I remember one poster on GameFAQs claiming that Cloud had soundly rejected Tifa in the scene where the whole team boosts Cloud up into the sky towards Bahamut. This poster had wrongly heard Tifa's line there as "matte, matte" ("Wait! Wait!"), and reasoned that this was due to Cloud clearly not wanting anything to do with Tifa and so he had left her pleading for him as he sped on upwards on his own.

what

I take it this person never heard of subtitles. Because sure, of course he'd reject Tifa. He doesn't mind grabbing hands with some burly men, a girly man, and a talking red quadruped carrying a robot cat. But you better Purell your hand after Tifa, she'll give you boob-cooties. Yuffie's okay though, she doesn't start looking like a real woman until the next game.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You know, you guys, all jokes about some adult things aside in this game, it's nowhere near enough to be rated M. It would be excessive vulgar language, outright gore and bloody violence, and actually being shown the sexual situations that are implied that would do it.

I see absolutely nothing about FFVII that would make it rated M if they remain faithful to the original. It would still be a teen game.

Oh, good times.

lololololololololol Someone miss the point of that scene much? :awesome:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You know, you guys, all jokes about some adult things aside in this game, it's nowhere near enough to be rated M. It would be excessive vulgar language, outright gore and bloody violence, and actually being shown the sexual situations that are implied that would do it.

I see absolutely nothing about FFVII that would make it rated M if they remain faithful to the original. It would still be a teen game.

Yeah probably. The only thing I could possibly see rating the game M would be uncensoring all of Cid's dialogue. (And Barret's, but Cid definitely has a fouler mouth than Barret)

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
What if it was fully voiced? Would they do some sort of Adult Swim bleep out?

Splintered

unsavory tart
I've always had an issue with the way some fanatics treat translators. Like "obviously a biased translation" or what have you. It happened to a girl I know in a different fandom.

The only neutral translation is a correct one: not the only neutral translation is by a guy who doesn't care about the fandom. People can scream all they want at the messenger, but when they are proven wrong as other people begin to make their own translations, they don't even have the good graces to apologize.

Yeah probably. The only thing I could possibly see rating the game M would be uncensoring all of Cid's dialogue. (And Barret's, but Cid definitely has a fouler mouth than Barret)
Eh, I don't think I've ever seen a game rated M for swearing. Maybe if Cloud takes Sephiroth's head off with a BusterSword+Chainsaw combination. Or Vincent headshotexplodes Hojo.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I want Cloud to wield a chainsaw.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Guys, guys ... We're just seizing on those two little lines without viewing them in context!

Yeah, really. :lol:
You mean, the page "For the one I love" that has all the canon pairings? :monster:

Sure... let's talk about context :monster:

I think my brain died a little here XD Tell me it's just something you made up XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom