Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
I wish she'd come here so we can talk to her but she's probably afraid of us. All this "our translations/your translations" silliness could be worked out with a little dialogue.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Ah, but once upon a time there was this person named vilaeth who walked over to us and was instantly corrupted. It's a lesson to all clerii.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Ah, but once upon a time there was this person named vilaeth who walk over to us and was instantly corrupted. It's a lesson to all clerii.

This is what I'm kind of afraid of too.. I mean I wasn't there for the whole Vilaeth thing and maybe I missed something but... I'm afraid that if she did come here and post... and end up saying "Yeah you guys are right..." they won't take her seriously. :( (But again wasn't here for that, they say it was the "they were just petting the chocobos sig" that pissed them off)

Really and I know I said this about the desire quote, but there's no way out of this one. With the desire one, yes you could say "Okay high affection, not canon" if you wanted too, but this one... there's no way. We KNOW it's talking about romantic love and not just friendship because of what is said at the bottom. And we've discussed the relationship charts before. They can't pull a "real life fake Japanese" person this time either.

I think they need to figure this out on their own...

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If that's the case, I've already corrupted her by talking to her at TNC. I just want to get an actual dialogue going about this, since she actually seems not to get what the English translation is saying, as she has provided a translation that says the same thing in different words.

Addendum: If she comes, and they decide they have to shun her for it, then were they ever really welcoming her to begin with?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
This is what I'm kind of afraid of too.. I mean I wasn't there for the whole Vilaeth thing and maybe I missed something but... I'm afraid that if she did come here and post... and end up saying "Yeah you guys are right..." they won't take her seriously. :( (But again wasn't here for that, they say it was the "they were just petting the chocobos sig" that pissed them off)

Thing is though, you can't worry about this. If that really happened then it would only confirm what everyone thinks about them anyway.

Isabella

Your Mom
Well they've already said they don't want to hear from neutral translators but from clerith ones. If she talked to us it might make her seem *gasp* objective or open-minded.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I thought they said they DID want to hear from neutral translators...

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
which is funny, because it's their translators that constantly get shit wrong and make things up. WacDonald's. KOI_______BITO? Ja. They're not living that down

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
which is funny, because it's their translators that constantly get shit wrong and make things up. WacDonald's. KOI_______BITO? Ja. They're not living that down

Something interesting about this, that interivew said everyone in Japan knows its "person who loves" right? Then why did Seaki Sae... that one translator post about how 90% of the Clotis in Japan on the BBS she visited think that koibito ended the LT and about 50% of the Cleriths thought that as well. :awesome:

Splintered

unsavory tart
If she's really a translator she would be more interested in gaining the correct meaning rather than just furthering their pairing. If there's really a huge difference then wouldn't it be better to talk to other translators and smooth out the grammar. I've seen translators do this all the time, I don't see what's so hard about anyone trying to get her to talk to someone else who knows Japanese.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Me gustaría
que todos
escriben poesía.

Matching is modifying feelings, not the action that Cloud and Tifa do.
But it's stuck on the end of the action/verb, and not with the feelings, which was already modified by '言葉では伝えられない'.

(But again wasn't here for that, they say it was the "they were just petting the chocobos sig" that pissed them off)
1) lolz.
2) Wasn't that long after all that whole thing? IIRC it was OWD who made that sig, and I wouldn't have been consorting with the likes of her until after my fall from grace :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
But it's stuck on the end of the action/verb, and not with the feelings, which was already modified by '言葉では伝えられない'.
So if what MotA is saying is right, do the feelings not match then or... what?

(regardless of the fact that they actually DO match, I understand IM just wondering if they have an argument here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom