• Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
What I'm wondering now... are there LTD debates in Japan? >_>

I mean, it's not like they can twist what's being said, even if they can hold hope on the vague quotes, then what about the very straightforward quotes?

Vendel

Banned
What I'm wondering now... are there LTD debates in Japan? >_>

I mean, it's not like they can twist what's being said, even if they can hold hope on the vague quotes, then what about the very straightforward quotes?

Of course not. They can see the wonderful truth that is clerith. Our strange westerner ways just can't cope with the sheer beauty of it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I demand, er, ask nicely and with great respect that you guys translate the rest of that page, when you cba. I want to know what else has been obscured by Engrish. I seem to remember a line saying Cloud's sudden kindness toward Yuffie was due to spending the night alone with Tifa. Blue balls = vanquished.
That's from Yuffie's profile on pg. 39:

ユフィは知らないが、直前にクラウドはティファとふたりきりの夜を過ごしたばかり。さすが、女のカンは鋭い?

"Yuffie is unaware that Cloud and Tifa had just spent the night together alone. Woman's intuition is as perceptive as ever, no?"

Given that nothing happened in the low affection version to prompt a change in Cloud's mood, I think it's safe to say that the writing assumed the high affection fucking.

Theres no way around this one.. none, the ONLY way around it is to say the High Affection one isn't cannon. If we can just prove that it is...

Sorry im excited :excited:

As Ryu mentioned, given the treatment that the 20th Anniversary Ultimania gives that scene, I'd say it's unquestionably canon. Not to mention the very notion from the other quotes that the two of them communicated their feelings in the first place indicated the high affection version.

Cloud doesn't say dick about his feelings in the low affection version.

The thing is the only ones who debate there are Cali and Shroudy, Shroudy will question the translation (he has that right) and Cali... well... I'd rather here Anastar's view on it if we're gonna have anyone's.
Not the way he 'questions' he doesn't.
I have to agree. Questioning a translation is only fair and responsible.

But refusing to accept one without ever attempting to verify it for yourself is neither reasonable, fair, nor responsible.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
"Yuffie is unaware that Cloud and Tifa had just spent the night together. Woman's intuition is as perceptive as ever, no?"

BRB, laughing... XDDDDDDD

Okay, now, more seriously XD

Yes, I do remember Ryu and others mentioning how only the high affection scene was ever talked about, usually, and considered as "canon".

So, if I follow the general idea, You can date whoever you wish, in the end, Cloud still bones Tifa when you have no more control on his actions and he's himself again _o/

On another note, as far as the pre-Lifestream scene is concerned, I'm wondering, if he loved Aerith oh so much, then why would he tell Tifa, right before going insane, that only her actions are what matter to him [more or less]? That's why I could never buy that he had romantic feelings towards Aerith - although he was certainly attracted to some level, but in love with? That's a definite no from me >_>

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So, if I follow the general idea, You can date whoever you wish, in the end, Cloud still bones Tifa when you have no more control on his actions and he's himself again _o/

Well, the player can cause it not to happen in their playthrough, but as far as the official story goes, it appears the bone fest happens.

Syneiam said:
On another note, as far as the pre-Lifestream scene is concerned, I'm wondering, if he loved Aerith oh so much, then why would he tell Tifa, right before going insane, that only her actions are what matter to him [more or less]? That's why I could never buy that he had romantic feelings towards Aerith - although he was certainly attracted to some level, but in love with? That's a definite no from me >_>

Well, one could make the argument that Cloud was talking about his identity there -- in other words, that he'd believe himself to be real as long as Tifa said so.

Still, the fact that Cloud's subconscious tells Tifa to let the adult Cloud know that she had been crushing on him too because he would be "delighted for sure"? That's rather telling.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yes, I'm talking about the canon story as seen by the creators, not the one played by the player - because if it was me... LOL XD

Well, one could make the argument that Cloud was talking about his identity there -- in other words, that he'd believe himself to be real as long as Tifa said so.
Sure, but to make evolve one's identity around one woman pretty tells how he views that woman. You can try to go the "platonic feelings", but really, would any woman want a man who can only feel whole thanks to another one?

Basicall, by saying this, didn't Cloud just push Tifa above everyone else? That he was himself thanks to her? [which actually became true later on].

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
The tale of a man and the woman who was able to check his facts!

...sounds kinda kinky.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
The fact that Cloud constantly singles the woman out and places her above all others should say something, but you know how Cleris goggles work.

Also, the high affection has always been used as far as I remember. LOLz, old as fuck Memorial Album comes to mind

P.S: Also, Q, you ain't getting a response to your thread until the Clerii can gather in their pink caves and their higher ups can come up with a laughable counterargument yet again.
I may not see how one can twist "Cloud and Tifa mutually desired each other" but maybe I'm just not creative enough.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Also, the high affection has always been used as far as I remember. LOLz, old as fuck Memorial Album comes to mind

Wait, what?

What other info has been sat on all this time?

OneWingedDemon said:
I may not see how one can twist "Cloud and Tifa mutually desired each other" but maybe I'm just not creative enough.

Desire for friendship expressed nonverbally through hugging for several hours?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Tres... I'm going to be blunt.

I don't feel comfortable with you posting in this thread. A Cloti mod like you posting here is just..its uncomfortable. I don't know what you do to Cleriths on your spare time but I'm genuinely scared and I can't post peacefully with you in this thread.

Isabella

Your Mom
For some reason the image of Cloud trying to navigate Tifa's body makes me LMAO. It's probably similar to my dad trying to pilot the remote to his DirecTV. "What's this button? What's it do?"

Thanks for the translation, Tres. :) Yeah, Yuffie's intuition didn't pick up on the fact that CxT sat and talked about becoming friends the night before. Glad that's cleared up.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Virgin!Cloud limit breaking during sex, only to stick it in the wrong hole is sad and hilarious at the same time.

Tifa: C-Cloud...sweetie..could you not light up like a mako reactor, now? That's my belly button, dear.

Cloud: I'm not fit to fuck anyone....

Tifa: .....

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Virgin!Cloud limit breaking during sex, only to stick it in the wrong hole is sad and hilarious at the same time.

Hey, if it fits it fits. There's no wrong hole, sir.

Mako Eyes said:
Tifa: C-Cloud...sweetie..could you not light up like a mako reactor, now? That's my belly button, dear.

El. Em. Ay. Oh.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well, the player can cause it not to happen in their playthrough, but as far as the official story goes, it appears the bone fest happens.

The Bone fest of utter rejection. Because Cloud bones a girl before ditching her, of course.

Still, the fact that Cloud's subconscious tells Tifa to let the adult Cloud know that she had been crushing on him too because he would be "delighted for sure"? That's rather telling.

Possibly, but the counterargument has always been that Tifa's role for Cloud is that of fact checker. :monster:

Which is why you cite Cloud wishing Tifa luck in finding the real him just before he dies.

Wait, what?

What other info has been sat on all this time?

I'm sure I've mentioned it before. I sadly don't have the book in physical or digital form.

Desire for friendship expressed nonverbally through hugging for several hours?

Hugging of a certain body part, anyways.

They'd both be awkwardly limit breaking. That's where the special hand motion comes from.
And why she walks so gingerly the morning after.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hey, if it fits it fits. There's no wrong hole, sir.

Cloud---Tifa-final-fantasy-680702_1280_769.jpg

Tifa: CLOUD! STOP! THAT'S MY EAR!!!!!

Cloud: ....There's not a hole I DON'T cherish!!!!

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
That photomanip pic has always said: "Scream and I'll cut you"...to me. The forearm around the throat just...not sexy.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I love how Tifa has this fearful look of, "Please don't hurt me...I love you" while Cloud has a "You know you're my bitch and I'd kill you if you left me, right?" smile on his face. The fact they're in a secluded nature setting where he could probably hide her body is in a twisted way...chilling.

It's such a deranged photo manipulation, that I have to post it every time I snark on Cloud and Tifa. It's just...you have to. It speaks for itself.

Vendel

Banned
For some reason the image of Cloud trying to navigate Tifa's body makes me LMAO. It's probably similar to my dad trying to pilot the remote to his DirecTV. "What's this button? What's it do?"

Somehow I picture it something like this

"Cloud words blah blah"
*clothes come off*
*20 seconds later*
"I guess it's ok to talk now....."

Then I imagine them communicating a few more times that night.

Also.
Syneiam said:

I think the point a lot of people miss is that you do not get to control what the real Cloud feels. All of your decisions are made on the first disk. When Cloud is still a jumbled mess. As I have said. "The compilation is not a choose your own adventure book." FFVII gives you the illusion of player control. But that illusion ends when you hand Sephy the macguffin of doom and beat the holy hell out of Aerith.

Last edited:

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Gosh, you dirty Clotis so what if Cloud and Tifa had sex that doesn't equal love. And so what if they are raising a family, possibly sleeping in the same room, and flirting in canon that doesn't mean they love each other. Cloud loves Aerith, in the date scene Aerith is the most likely date based on the players opinion so that shows that everyone wants to pick Aerith.

And if Cloud and Tifa do have sex Aerith is living in Cloud so he is thinking of her not Tifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom