Not open for further replies.

mentaz

bubbles
確かめ

tashikameau according to my friend isn’t “confirmation” but
from the verb “Tashikameru” =”To ascertain”

in italian “verificare”

but in japanase it'isnt "confirmation" but "put to the test"

(in italian is clear for me but in english it's so difficult sorry ^^')

I'd just like to point out that 'verificare' does not mean 'put to the test' in english. The correct translation is 'to verify'. If english is that hard for you maybe you shouldn't try to make translations or, at least, ask for help to someone who has knowledge of both Italian and English. Or use Google translator.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Triple translating from Japanese to Italian to English will get you some weird-ass shit. Especially if you're using Babelfish.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
'Put to the test' as in what? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

確かめる
調べたり人に聞いたりして、あいまいな物事をはっきりさせる。確認する。
To investigate or ask people, etc., and make a vague matter/subject clear. To confirm.

So they both cleared up what their feelings (which were vague/they couldn't put into words before) for each other were. Feelings on a page about romantic love (and not in a extra side section like the bit about other kinds of love).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You left out a few notable ones.
Andy and Mai
Killik and Xianghua
Hyuang and Seong Mina
Inu-Yasha and Kagome
I can go on and on and on and on of Fighting couples who 'fight' in their games. A number do it as part of the canon, and not just in 2p.

Mina is not Hwang's girl. She's mine. They're close friends, but neither of them have a thing for each other.

As the biggest Seung Mina fan in existence, I felt the need to clarify that. :monster:

So they both cleared up what their feelings (which were vague/they couldn't put into words before) for each other were. Feelings on a page about romantic love (and not in a extra side section like the bit about other kinds of love).

I have a feeling that's going to need to be said many times in the days to come. :monster:

For that matter, at this point, there's no point in even debating anything in the LTD except that page, and maybe the Nojima Statement.

friends with benefits anyone?

Yes, plz!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'd just like to point out that 'verificare' does not mean 'put to the test' in english. The correct translation is 'to verify'. If english is that hard for you maybe you shouldn't try to make translations or, at least, ask for help to someone who has knowledge of both Italian and English. Or use Google translator.
I got the gist of verificare, 'cause it's Vérifier in French [ah, those similar languages :monster:].

But I'm certain Cloud and Tifa did test their feeling very thoroughly. ;P

Death Sin

Memento mori
AKA
Just DS is fine
I got the gist of verificare, 'cause it's Vérifier in French [ah, those similar languages :monster:].
I can pretty much vouch for that since its pretty close to the Portuguese word "verificar" and that undoubtly means "to verify; to confirm" in my mother language. There's definitely no room for second meanings/interpretations on this one. In fact, it kinda baffles me how one can even associate it with "to put to the test". Not only its completely out of the context but its not even a valid synonym of the word. The closest synonym to the whole "put to the test" meaning while still related to "verify" would be "to prove; to confirm" and, well, that still pretty much tells us what we already know (Cloud and Tifa confirmed their feelings which they couldn't put into words before) so it's pretty much a moot argument, IMHO.

Last edited:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Cloud and Tifa confirmed their feelings which they couldn't put into words before.

This more thorough translation makes it sound even more romantic to be honest.

I've also just had it suggested to me that "mutual feelings" sounds "luke warm" but, to share with you all, I honestly don't see how considering how else you would phrase a realisation of mutual romantic feelings unless you were determined to be utterly explicit.

mentaz

bubbles
So did I, but I checked the dictionary anyway (you never know :awesome:). I mean verificare/vérifier/verificar(pt)/verificar(es), hell even verify is similar. What is hard is to understand how someone came up with 'to put to the test'.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I have a feeling that's going to need to be said many times in the days to come. :monster:
I have a feeling that's going to be ignored many times in days to come :monster:

For that matter, at this point, there's no point in even debating anything in the LTD except that page, and maybe the Nojima Statement.
Is that the OTWTAS interview? I like how it's been bumped up to a 'Statement' :awesome:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Alright, I'm talking with a friend who's a clerith - yet another one.. why are most of my friends either non shippers or cleriths? :monster: - and who believes in the clerith canon. XD

She pointed me this:

Saying that Cloud and Aerith were shown with all the other canon pairings. I think it's the 20th anniversary book, and thus, I'd like to actually know the translations, because yes, pics are pretty but without the explanation :monster:

We're having a nice conversation and all at my LJ, but that's making me think that I should definitely do something like a CloTi post of proofs one of those days XD

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I think "Final Fantasy Reminiscence" is a different book from the one Tres has/all this stuff came from.

The text doesn't seem to talk about the story or anything like that, just the general information about the game itself (how much they sold, the gameplay system, graphics, etc.)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm pretty sure those scans came out of this book:
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/nintendo-ds...al-fantasy-20th-anniversary-history-book.html

Like hito said, those pages appear to be just talking about year and system of release, sales information -- general stuff like that. I don't even think I can see Cloud or Aerith's names in the paragraph next to the screenshot.

Pg. 394 of the U20 Scenario is a one-of-a-kind thing. Tell your friend. :monster:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
That's the one I was thinking of :monster:

プラットフォームをPSに(移した??)の作品。グラフィックがドット絵からポリゴンへと変わったのが最大の(特徴)だが、マテリアシステムや(多彩な)ミニゲームなども(注目)すべき(要素)だ。全世界で1000万本(??売り上げを記録)している。

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Thanks a bunch guys ^^ Yeah I asked first, because I want to know what I argue for XD I know, shocking \o/

Splintered

unsavory tart
Isn't it great that people can see a picture with some other canon couplings- even if the context has nothing to do with romance- it's called canon.

But when it's Cloud and Tifa picture together on a page that pretty much confirms their feelings, saying anything more than they are friends is reading too much into it.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Mina is not Hwang's girl. She's mine. They're close friends, but neither of them have a thing for each other.

As the biggest Seung Mina fan in existence, I felt the need to clarify that. :monster:

Not Hwang, his elder brother. Appeared in Soul Edge and SC3.

True, but it's just polite.

Isn't it great that people can see a picture with some other canon couplings- even if the context has nothing to do with romance- it's called canon.

But when it's Cloud and Tifa picture together on a page that pretty much confirms their feelings, saying anything more than they are friends is reading too much into it.

This is where those double standards for Aerith I keep mentioning come into play.

And Cleriths say we fake translations and scans...that's rich. :awesome:

Of course they do. It's their only recourse.

Isabella

Your Mom
That scan is only talking about the HA version of the scene, and everyone knows the low one is default. Stupid clotis. Always twisting things.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
To hell with y'all, I'm off to tell Spanish people what the correct translation is by translating it into English first and then into Spanish.

Adiós, bitches. Yo no hablo español bien, pero tengo razón en esta cosa. Es verdad. Quiero taco proque tengo hambre. El pájaro está en el este. La Luna me vuelve loco. Necesito tijeras. Sesenta y uno!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom