• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

LTD, round 3: This time, we settle it with Jello Wrestling

The one he lives with or the dead one?

• Living

Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Aeris didn't need a number--she and her mother were the last of her kind, known only to Hojo as Ancients. Numbers were for the clones only.

Just want to reiterate the point that Hojo believed Nanaki to be the last of his kind and still gave him a number. As well, it seems Hojo gave most of his experiments numbers, such as the boss named "Sample HO512" that the party fights in his lab.

Zee said:
Aeris' mother died due to heavy experimentation AND I CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS

Zee said:
OGC never gave us a reason for Ifalna's death.

I'd actually like that whole entire tidbit from CC, as I haven't played it and I'm curious to see what they've retconned now what happened to them.

I can't see how she'd get injured badly enough to die while escaping. Ifalna was in her late 20s, how the hell did she die from that unless she was undergoing some serious fucked up stuff in the laboratory?

The fact that she shouldn't just drop dead from even a frantic sprint is the reason I assumed she was shot during the escape even as long ago as when I first played the game.

Whether she was actually shot or not, injuries sustained in the escape definitely appear to be the reason for her death. In Case of Shin-Ra, there's this comment:

Once he had tried to control Aerith's mother by force and lost her as a consequence. This affected Tseng's principles and made him reflect on his actions.

So she died due to an attempt to take her back by force.

Nanaki was a clone? Well, fuck, I missed that explanation in the game. Apparently, you're right. I must not have played that game... huh... odd.

I've never thought he was a Sephiroth Copy. It wouldn't have made sense for Hojo to attempt such an experiment -- one that kills the subjects if it works -- on what he believed to be the only sample of a species he said he was trying to produce more of.

As well, the Ultimania Omega notes that Nanaki never felt the influence of the Reunion, and calls his concerns about being a Copy "needless anxiety in the end."

Furthermore, his 10th Anniversary Ultimania profile doesn't mention his tattoo being related to the Sephiroth Copy experiment, and merely says that it was given to him because he was successful in whatever experiment Hojo had put him through.

Given that Nanaki doesn't feel the call of the Reunion, and given that we know a reaction to JENOVA was part of determining successful Copies in Hojo's Reunion experiment, it's safe to say that Red was never a Copy.

Random observation: I notice that Red's 10th AU profile also seems to make him the canon choice for whom Cloud gave the Black Materia to at the Northern Crater.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
My first playthrough I played thinking Cloud/Aeris were the definite couple (as a few people had told me). Even as a 11 year old, I found the date disappointing. The Tifa date wasn't really romantic either (on my second, totally Cloti biased playhrough muahaha). Honestly, seeing a socially retarded dude miss a glowing oppurtunity to score with one of two very hot chicks is just depressing. Not romantic at all.

That's why we have fanfiction, threesomes, and fanfiction threesomes. ;p

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
did you guys consider any of the dates romantic

Zack and Aerith's date in CC. :awesome:

Cloud and Tifa's date was basically Tifa trying to confess, but at least Cloud took interest in what she was about to say. After the Gondola, he questions her about it all on his own. Also, you can be kind of mean to Aerith on her date but for Tifa you can just be kind of like, "Yeah whatever". Not much of a difference but yeeah. XD

crack

Donator
Cloud and Tifa's date was basically Tifa trying to confess, but at least Cloud took interest in what she was about to say. After the Gondola, he questions her about it all on his own. Also, you can be kind of mean to Aerith on her date but for Tifa you can just be kind of like, "Yeah whatever". Not much of a difference but yeeah. XD
I thought the only difference between the two dates were the Gondola scenes? Cloud seemed to hold some interest in what Aerith was saying as well, probably because he was confused by what she meant when she said she was searching for him.

My first playthrough I played thinking Cloud/Aeris were the definite couple (as a few people had told me). Even as a 11 year old, I found the date disappointing. The Tifa date wasn't really romantic either (on my second, totally Cloti biased playhrough muahaha). Honestly, seeing a socially retarded dude miss a glowing oppurtunity to score with one of two very hot chicks is just depressing. Not romantic at all.
Well, and there's the fact that you can 'date' two other characters I highly doubt Cloud has any romantic interest in.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Really? For Aerith's date, I imagined Cloud going "Durr" with drool running down his chin, lol. All he did was ask what she meant. And I would too if someone said they wanted to meet the REAL me. :lol:

Vendel

Banned
All he did was ask what she meant. And I would too if someone said they wanted to meet the REAL me. :lol:

I would have pulled down my pants.

Because we all know what "meet the real you" means.

If the other person is dead it means you are a necro. Because meet=meatlove.

crack

Donator
Really? For Aerith's date, I imagined Cloud going "Durr" with drool running down his chin, lol. All he did was ask what she meant. And I would too if someone said they wanted to meet the REAL me. :lol:
Well, it's Cloud basically questioning the girls, sure, he took interest in what Tifa was going to say, but he also wanted to know what Aerith meant. In the end though, the dates prove to be a failure for either pairing, as Tifa still doesn't confess to Cloud, Aerith only sees Zack in Cloud, and Cloud sadly remains a virgin.

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
people ship Denzel+moogle girl(well on youtube)...why cant denzel have both he be a player
lolz...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The only way it would be okay to ship Denzel with Marlene is if you are under the pretense she would eventually go off to live with Barret and her and Denzel are raised separately (not like far apart, but as parts of different families in that sense). Otherwise the paring is creepy and ew. Blood or not she is basically his sister.

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
I wonder when the poll for aerith is going to reach 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom