Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
My memory's fuzzy, but don't we revisit a bit of Dumble's youth in book 7? Doesn't he admit being fascinated by his friend, whatshisname?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Right... also I'm so sick of the "Cloud wanted forgiveness from Aerith so he loved her!"

god, he wanted forgiveness from Zack too, HELLO!

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
There was no mass consensus that Cloud banged Tifa like a drum before Nojima decided they desecrated the holy flower fields. There is no evidence of him desiring that ass in the game, short of the various examples posted all over this site. If SE wanted him to be a man, they had plenty of opportunity to implement his proficiency with the buster sword. Instead they pulled the rug out from the LTD in their Jap totally non-canon fanbooks. The validity of their actions depends entirely on the will of the audience to continue to purchase their products forever, after losing all rationality to rapid fangasms.

/fixed.

Isabella

Your Mom
wants forgiveness from = loves
feels guilty over death of = loves
smiled at that one time = loves
reached out to take hand that was offered = loves
rides by flower field on bike = loves
looks up into the rain = yeah I don't really get this one

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
wants forgiveness from = loves
feels guilty over death of = loves
smiled at that one time = loves
reached out to take hand that was offered = loves
rides by flower field on bike = loves
looks up into the rain = yeah I don't really get this one

feelings of desire = wanting to hang around as friends or possibly rejection
feelings of "renai" = not love because it's not shown
living together and raising a family = friends
having someone in a way that's different = ... i forgot... but it's not love
"maybe things would have gone better with Aerith" = They'd have a perfect healthy loving relationship and Cloud and Tifa have unsolvable problems(No really I saw someone say this once)
Cloud is happy = Cloud is miserable
Cloud is Tifa's ideal love (yes i know fake) = Tifa loves Zack

and so on...

also question:
“If I win, are my sins forgiven?” — Cloud: battling against Cloud.

Cloud continued to regret the deaths of his best friend and comrade, who were dear to him, in FFVII. In AC, he says “I want to be forgiven.”
Is it me or does that say Aerith is just a comrade?

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
They'll probably throw koibito at me or something, but that's interesting none the less.

EDIT
Though I guess to be fair Tifa is called other things as well...

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
keyword being childhood, now she's an important woman and what not :monster:

BTW Suicidallamp you ever gonna post or just lurk?

Last edited:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
And it's in Cloud's pants.

photoshop-fire-text.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
FASCINATION DOES NOT EQUAL LOVE!... or something

Because we're talking about old men and not Clerith, right?

Like how Harry Potter got to be an auto Auror without going back to school for it along with his buddy Ron. Either that, or he helps his brother out at his joke shop now that his brother's dead. Depends on her mood that day. :awesome:

I didn't get the impression that Harry and Ron were made Auror's without having to go back to school. :/ Like, it didn't happen right away. It seemed like it happened a few years down the line. :/

Either way, I think it is very important to listen to what the author has to say. I mean, it is their story, they wrote it, their thoughts on it are coming from the exact same place that the story itself came from, they own the rights, and they decided what would all happen before so why would that change now?

It doesn't change.

It's their story.

If you don't like it, tough. :monster: Go write fanfiction for the "what if" factor. But that's all you get.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I didn't get the impression that Harry and Ron were made Auror's without having to go back to school. :/ Like, it didn't happen right away. It seemed like it happened a few years down the line. :/

Either way, I think it is very important to listen to what the author has to say. I mean, it is their story, they wrote it, their thoughts on it are coming from the exact same place that the story itself came from, they own the rights, and they decided what would all happen before so why would that change now?

It doesn't change.

It's their story.

If you don't like it, tough. :monster: Go write fanfiction for the "what if" factor. But that's all you get.
JKR said he became an Auror at age 17, so I don't think she agrees with you. :awesome:

IDK, it just bothers me that others need to try and try for years, study all sorts of things, and what have you, but Ron and Harry don't need to just because you know, they fought Voldemort and stuff. Even though Neville did as well and he certainly didn't get handed any jobs. I know Harry is special and shit, but I did not know that general rules of the universe bent just to encompass him. It's kinda bullshit, imo, and it's mostly why I haven't much listened to JKR after she finished the books. :monster:

This.

At least if you don't agree, don't go around acting like your opinion is more important. There are a lot of fandoms I don't agree with the direction it went in, and the story itself will always be different, the way I saw and enjoyed it, for me.

However, I tend to stay away from debates about that kind of thing because what I think and feel and the way I enjoy something != the true way it's suppose to be taken.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I wouldn't take anything JKR says too seriously until she releases that Encyclopedia. She tends to change her mind a lot about certain things, and I think she admitted herself that she doesn't re-read her books/forgets things she says or writes sometimes.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
At least she has the decency to admit that and attempt to be careful about it.

Square Enix just retcons shit and doesn't even try. I think Crisis Core was their best attempt, and even that was retconned to hell and back.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Ah, oh well, then. He became an auror at 17, then.

Where did you see such a thing said, though?
In his biography as the Wizard of the Month on her website, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom