LTD Who did Aerith love?

Vendel

Banned
I highly doubt that if we have a compilation piece set after DoC it will have Sephy or Aerith in in. IN FACT. DoC didn't have either one. And you think Aerith at least would show up. She is the lifestream Jesus after all.

Or maybe she was just to busy with Zack.

*Zack pops up*
"What was that Aerith?
"Nothing Zacky poo....now no more interruptions"
*pushes his head back down*

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
I think they just meant that if they were gonna bring Sephiroth back for AC, then they needed to bring Aerith back too.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm not saying they'll use Sephiroth again, in fact they better not, but I am saying that I just have a feeling Sephiroth is going kicking and screaming the whole way so Aerith will probably be there to watch him.

Isabella

Your Mom
What was the exact quote again? Because I think I took it to mean that the spiritual mechanics that allow Seph's consciousness to continue also allow Aerith to continue. I didn't take it as specifying that she'd continue to linger just to watch over him. But then, it's been a while and I forget the context.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The exact quote from the Reunion Files was: "Since Sephiroth exists, Aerith must exist. There was no doubt about that one."

As for the context, every quote on that page and the ones around it are from Nojima. The quote is on page 9, and pages 8 through 11 only have quotes from Nojima. Nearly every comment is related to the writing of the script.

For that matter, we've also had several comments from Nomura and Nojima that they knew from the start that Sephiroth would appear, even before they had an explanation for why:

-"I was planning to put Sephiroth in Advent Children since the beginning of the project" (Nomura; pg. 60 of the Reunion Files)
-"We knew that Cloud had to fight Sephiroth in the end" (Nomura; pg. 69 of Reunion Files)
-"During the initial development phase, we didn't really have a very specific reason as to why Sephiroth would come back to see Cloud" (Nojima; pg. 117 of the Reunion Files)
-"We had a difficult time deciding on the reason why Sephiroth would appear" (Nomura; http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=109&...#ixzz0UoRX0Xok)

So, the context of Nojima's quote then is that, in writing the script, he already knew Sephiroth would be there; and if Sephiroth's going to be there, then Aerith has to be as well.

And another of Nojima's comments (pg. 11 of the Reunion Files) makes it clear that he doesn't think that Sephiroth must always be present in a FFVII story: "These characters have a lot in store for them in the near future, so it's entirely possible that their story will continue to be written. But if someone like Sephiroth isn't included, it could eventually end up as some kind of realistic drama instead (laughs)."

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Except it's been stated that if Sephiroth exists than Aerith must... and we know Seph won't be diffusing any time soon.

Bullshit. People take that quote out of context so much, it's annoying.

That was in regards to their wills in the Lifestream before AC, and them leading up to its plot. Sephiroth is not going to perpetually exist, along with Aerith.

Which is shown in Lifestream White and Black. They don't mean definitively in the Compilation forever.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
And another of Nojima's comments (pg. 11 of the Reunion Files) makes it clear that he doesn't think that Sephiroth must always be present in a FFVII story: "These characters have a lot in store for them in the near future, so it's entirely possible that their story will continue to be written. But if someone like Sephiroth isn't included, it could eventually end up as some kind of realistic drama instead (laughs)."
Doesn't that make it sound like he does want Seph there?

But anyway, thanks for all the quotes, I wasn't sure where that one was from. It makes more sense now...

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
No, it makes it sound like "without someone otherwordly like Seph, FFVII dissolves into the realms of a realistic drama (about family, in the case of AC)."

They want him there.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Or at least someone like him, if not him.

Interesting that it's 'Cloud and Tifa's story' that becomes the 'realistic drama' without an otherworldly force involved.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Except it's been stated that if Sephiroth exists than Aerith must... and we know Seph won't be diffusing any time soon.

I think what this means is that it wouldn't make sense for Seph to pop up and not Aerith. As in, continuity error. She's a Cetra, she should be able to be there. She has natural powers. If Seph can she can, because that is the way the world is set up.

It's hard to explain, it's one of those things you just have to figure out, I guess. I hope someone is able to follow my line of thought on the matter, though.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I think what this means is that it wouldn't make sense for Seph to pop up and not Aerith. As in, continuity error. She's a Cetra, she should be able to be there. She has natural powers. If Seph can she can, because that is the way the world is set up.

It's hard to explain, it's one of those things you just have to figure out, I guess. I hope someone is able to follow my line of thought on the matter, though.

No no no! Sephiroth and Aerith must exist together because she's the light to combat his darkness. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
No, it makes it sound like "without someone otherwordly like Seph, FFVII dissolves into the realms of a realistic drama (about family, in the case of AC)."

They want him there.

All of On The Way to a Smile is a realistic drama, really, so I don't think FFVII dissolves -- if this was meant to mean "becomes weaker" -- under those circumstances.

Case of Tifa is, specifically, a domestic drama. And we know from "American Beauty" that those can actually be really damn good.

I wouldn't mind an "Angel"/"CSI" hybrid with the Turks. :monster:

MaliciousMisery

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I don't buy that symbol explanation, sorry. I'm gathering though, that this is what you and others are going with instead of the Third Person Limited one?

No I don't read that to be he's a symbol of Zack, if they wanted to say that they'd have said "Cloud was a symbol of Zack." not "Cloud was her friend and beloved - a symbol of all that was important to her." or whatever it says.

You've kinda got a point. Well, it still doesn't change the fact that she's dead and Cloud's alive. She doesn't deserve Zack :no: In that case, we can just kill Cissnei off and then have her end up with Zack! ^.^ Aerith is too much of an indecisive bitch.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
You've kinda got a point. Well, it still doesn't change the fact that she's dead and Cloud's alive. She doesn't deserve Zack :no: In that case, we can just kill Cissnei off and then have her end up with Zack! ^.^ Aerith is too much of an indecisive bitch.

Not that Zack was really ever interested in Cissnei. I think Word of God has it that she was never on the table as a romantic option.

And Aerith's not indecisive, she's emotionally confused. She's getting massive Old Boyfriend vibes from the new guy as well as new guy vibes. Shit's complicated.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
so liking some dude after assuming said dude ran off=indecisive bitch?

well shit fuck them widows who get another husband, they need to love only ONE PERSON. those whores.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
so liking some dude after assuming said dude ran off=indecisive bitch?

well shit fuck them widows who get another husband, they need to love only ONE PERSON. those whores.

And that's after she wrote a shitload of letters to Zack over many years with no response... That bitch! :monster:

Anyway, let's see. Aerith liked Cloud only, ONLY because he reminded her of Zack, what make you guys think that after she died and reunited with the real deal she would still like Cloud like that?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Aerith liked Cloud only, ONLY because he reminded her of Zack, what make you guys think that after she died and reunited with the real deal she would still like Cloud like that?

>dead people in a relationship
>he's serious

laughinggirls.jpg

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
>dead people in a relationship
>he's serious

laughinggirls.jpg

Aerith_ja_Zack__s_p______.jpg

Top Bottom