Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Of course it should be mentioned that Joss isn't gonna be one of the showrunners (Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen are). :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Welp at least I can add this to Arrow as a series. I hope this does well, for it has the potential to be great in terms of showcasing heroes that may not be practical in films or may be alot to stuff into film.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Damn it i came here to post this.

How dare you ninja me out of this by a full hour i haaaate jooo.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Gave it a slightly more descriptive title. Let me know if you want it altered further. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I was giddy with excitement and happiness when the promo appeared during Once Upon A Time.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Are we in the Fall yet?

Tuesdays at 8 is a great timeslot, not a lot of competition.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Finally, something to enjoy along with Arrow, Arrested Development and Modern Family. I hope this tv series becomes great, and I hope Coulson continues to do great things. :')

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm not sure how I feel about this show for one reason.
They killed off Agent Coulson. How can he be alive?

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg
I personally found it very suspicious how his showing them that Coulson is dead was by throwing a bunch of blood covered cards (That weren't in his jacket in the first place.) onto the table. Instead of ya know, showing them the body so it could be even more real.

Yeah it's weird that he passed out with his eyes open and is still alive, but weirder things have happened in the Marvel universe.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I must confess to not being terribly comfortable with Coulson being alive either. He seemed pretty sure he was going to die. Fury seemed to think he was dead. And the motivation the team had to take on Loki and win came in large part from having something to avenge -- a point made in the movie.

I don't know. It just kind of cheapens Coulson's big moment, as well as a signigicant part of the plot -- not to mention Tony's awesome "His name was Phil" line.

In a sense, this makes the movies/tv-series come closer to the comic books. (ALMOST) NOBODY STAYS DEAD!

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
It's either,

- They revived him after when Nick looked down (before he announced "Agent Coulson is down" ) , and decided to play with the Avenger's emotions and moved him to a hidden spot for him to recover.

- it's his twin brother, named John using his dead brother's first name to fool SHIELD.

- it's a Life Model Decoy

- He was cloned.

- Cake

Let's just go along with the fact that he has been revived, and we'll hear his explanation what happened during the battle of New York.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I must confess to not being terribly comfortable with Coulson being alive either. He seemed pretty sure he was going to die. Fury seemed to think he was dead. And the motivation the team had to take on Loki and win came in large part from having something to avenge -- a point made in the movie.

I don't know. It just kind of cheapens Coulson's big moment, as well as a signigicant part of the plot -- not to mention Tony's awesome "His name was Phil" line.

This so much.

I don't care if it's a decoy, or a clone, or "it's comic books!"

In fact, those almost make it worse. :/

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I don't know how they'll explain it, but I hope it's not a Life Model Decoy.

I think that idea just sounds stupid. :P

But they do make it sound like he actually died and somehow was brought back. Clark Gregg also said something along the lines of "he thinks he knows why he is back" so I dunno.

Maybe they'll make it more than just a cheap deus ex machina and have some ongoing mystery revolving around his death/return.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Maybe they'll make it more than just a cheap deus ex machina and have some ongoing mystery revolving around his death/return.

Pretty much this? I mean, these writers aren't stupid by any stretch of the imagination. There'll hopefully be a good reason for their decision (besides contracts and writing obligations or whatever :monster:) and maybe some plot good can come from it.

Top Bottom