Mass Effect Series

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Dude me too, shame that would've been awesome. I did however shoot at it a few times, felt good.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Was I the only one who took pleasure out of seeing the Mako crashed, no longer working? :monster:

Joke's on you all, it still looks functional :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Was I the only one who took pleasure out of seeing the Mako crashed, no longer working? :monster:
I liked the Mako. :awesome: As my Shepard has the colonist background, I had as headcanon his father was to give him his first driving lesson a week after the raid began. He's since refused to take any lessons. Then he got to commander, and everyone just assumed... :monster:

I planted the monument by the hull wreckage with NORMANDY written on the side. I didn't realise it could be planted elsewhere when the game prompted me to put it there.

Forgot to say, Veetor and Kal'Reegar are awesome. Can't I recruit Reegar? :awesome:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I would gladly ditch Jacob to recruit Reegar. Similarly I would happily get rid of Miranda if I were able to grab Aria and bring her bitch ass along for the ride.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Next on TLSF: Mass Effect, Cerberus - does anyone actually like them?

Having said that, I'm trying to get enough Paragon or Renegade points to patch things up with Miranda, cos she and Jack had an argument, and... FFS Miranda, what-- no, I know what your damage is. But what in whichever hell you care to name lead you to think what happened to Jack was justified? And following that, made you think it was a good idea to mention this opinion to her?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Next on TLSF: Mass Effect, Cerberus - does anyone actually like them?

Having said that, I'm trying to get enough Paragon or Renegade points to patch things up with Miranda, cos she and Jack had an argument, and... FFS Miranda, what-- no, I know what your damage is. But what in whichever hell you care to name lead you to think what happened to Jack was justified? And following that, made you think it was a good idea to mention this opinion to her?

This was exactly what happened with my first playthrough, except I never actually got enough paragon or renegade to fix it. lolMiranda you qq bitch

Cerberus was always fucked up regardless of The Illusive Man's intentions. Everything at the beginning of ME2 was everyone going around all like, "Shepard you know all those sidequests you did in ME1 of Cerberus kidnapping people and doing all sorts of illegal black ops shit? Same shit different smell, right?"

I would imagine that any Shepard that wasn't a complete dumbass would know that the partnership with Cerberus was pretty much only for the utility of getting a new Normandy and stopping the Collectors, and that ideologically a lot of Cerberus was rotten to the core, the well-intentioned employees notwithstanding.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Miranda doesn't think what happened to Jack was justified, when you talk to her in private she tells you so, she simply doesn't say so to Jack herself because she likes trolling her and getting under her skin.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
What? I... I have no words. -_- Dumb cow.

Lex

Administrator
Whut? Doesn't Miranda say there's no proof that Cerberus was involved or something? Jack is a badass and a cool bitch, but she got on my nerves a bit in ME2. I mean yeah she'd been through some shit but I wanted her to shut the hell up sometimes.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I loved Jack. She was the only character to tell you to stop coming and talking to her. Though I don't ever play one, Jack is my canon male shep romance.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I remember Miranda saying Pragia was a rogue cell so it wasn't really Cerberus's fault. (No fucking way I believe TIM doesn't know absolutely everything going on in his operations but whatever, Miranda has room to be naive.)

Yeah I really like Jack. She's one of the best characters. Miranda is cool but mainly for the romance and less for complaining about how stressful it is to be perfect.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
The Illusive Man also apparently sent people himself to shut down the Pragia operations, but again there are an awful lot of "rogue" Cerberus operations, weren't there? :awesomonster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I couldn't stand Jack in ME2, I mean I felt really bad for happened to her and sometimes wanted to give her a hug and tell her everything was going to be ok but man did she get on my last nerve a lot. I liked her a lot more in ME3 but of course she was no longer a squad member. She still my least favorite of all the girls.

Miranda is awesome, I love her. I'm tempted to start a playthrough of ME2 with a maleshep just to romance her.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
liaracute.jpg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I love the black hole gun. As it's DLC, I'm looking forward to taking it to Horizon in future playthroughs. Hey, Harbinger! I know you feel this.
(No fucking way I believe TIM doesn't know absolutely everything going on in his operations but whatever, Miranda has room to be naive.)
It's canon (as in, appears in comics scripted by the head writer for ME2 & 3) that TIM was partially responsible for Saren's first pre-Sovereign exposure to Reaper tech, and then unleashed specially engineered Husk derivatives on Omega. He's more a bastard than he lets on to Shepard.

Oh,
his real first name is Jack. Try not to make any leaps as to why Subject Zero was called Jack...

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I really, really wish I could romance Kasumi.
QFFT.

So, I did the Franklin side mission last night, and... I got nothing. Y'know, I expected a message or notification if saving the populace over the facilities was a good call or a bad one (or just Paragon or Renegade), but, no.

Also, anyone got any idea just how high a Paragon score I need to patch things up with Miranda?!

Lex

Administrator
^You might have screwed yourself over there. If you've done her loyalty mission and she's not loyal then you can't really patch things up with her. The only way to avoid those situations is to pick the neutral options when two crew members are arguing.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
At the least they can they stop saying she likes Jacob? WTF did Kasumi do to deserve such torture from Bioware?

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Also, anyone got any idea just how high a Paragon score I need to patch things up with Miranda?!

Short answer is that it depends on more than your current score unfortunately.

Long answer is that the ME2 morality system isn't completely based on your current paragon/renegade score. It's based on the percentage of your score (shown in the bar) versus the total points possible up to the current point (not shown anywhere). That's why it's so easy to get Zaeed's loyalty if you do his mission ASAP, for example, but sometimes impossible late in the game when your bar is maxed out. It also means that you have to keep being a Paragon/Renegade even after filling the bar or you could get screwed out of the benefits.

I'm not sure exactly what the percentage needs to be, but it's definitely very high. So keep saying blue things and check back often.
Miranda has thick plot armor and tends to survive the suicide mission, but as near as I can tell she WILL die in ME3 if her loyalty wasn't secured in ME2.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
^You might have screwed yourself over there. If you've done her loyalty mission and she's not loyal then you can't really patch things up with her. The only way to avoid those situations is to pick the neutral options when two crew members are arguing.
I did her loyalty mission before Jack's, so I had her loyalty, then lost it.

And I wasn't Paragon enough to get Zaeed to fall entirely in line after telling him "fuck your loyalty, you're pulling the same shit Saren did". But then again, apart from being voiced by Ethan Rayne, why should I care about him? :P

Top Bottom