Mass Effect Series

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I usually go through the majority of all three games wielding only a pistol. Only in ME1 do I ever use another weapon and it's usually some form of shotgun for bastards like Husks or Thorian thralls.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I didn't use anything other than my pistol in ME1, the other guns either sucked or I sucked with them, could've been both really.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
A good sniper for me. The only time they were really underpowered in the series was right at the start of ME1 and only because of the huge amount of sway - after the right mods and throughout all of the later games they became instant headshot to win weapons.

Widow rifle in ME2 was a beast, but ME3's huge variety takes the cake.

Lex

Administrator
In ME1 I'm pretty sure I stuck with whatever the strongest Heavy Rifle was I could get my hands on (as a vanguard) but focussed more on powers than shooting.

ME2 it was the Locust SMG without a doubt (with Reave, hnnnng).

ME3 it's the collector particle rifle. It has unlimited ammo and with ammo powers it's just ridiculously OP. Just don't let the "charge" hit 0 like ever, because it takes about 15 seconds to reload properly which is a bitch.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
On the flip side, the added maneuverability of ME3's general gameplay means that the Revenant assault rifle is actually viable now! :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Moment of panic on Feros yesterday - I thought my Sabotage had fried one of the water pumps. Thankfully, I'd just ran past one of them.

I don't know if it's the order I've done assignments in, or if it's just how I've distributed EXP, but I seem to be packing much higher grade equipment this time around. And, by coincidence, my A team (Garrus and Wrex) are wearing the same class of armour (Predator), which fits with the Scorpion's colour scheme, so we actually look like a squad. :monster:

Also, Garrus' agent armour has a smiley face on the back of it (take a look in the lifts). :]

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Is it a New Game +?

In a New Game + you get to keep all your in-game gear and the weapon ratings go all the way to X. :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
No, completely new game on the first ME. Haven't been able to recover my data, so I'm starting from scratch.

All the way to X, huh? Then I'll have to get my weapons up to XI. :awesome:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I think there actually are XI rated items in the game, but I'm not sure on that since I haven't played a New Game + in forever. Might even go up to XII.

Starting is really wierd though, because at the beginning they strip all equipped items from your previous save (since obviously most of the companions you had at the endgame aren't present at the beginning), give you the starting Lancer as per usual and dump all your previous gear into the inventory so you have to spend the rest of the game doling out your old gear and dumping stuff you don't need. :monster:

The inventory in Mass Effect 1 is really poor, to be honest. I think it suffers from the complete opposite of, say, Skyrim (which is terribly overdesigned and feels like it was designed solely by an art student), where this seems completely underdesigned and so spartan that it appears slapdash and cluttered.
But instead of doing away with it I think they really could have built upon it and turned it into something really intuitive. Even something as simple as stacking items into a single inventory slot would have saved time scrolling. Bioware have always fumbled with interfaces in their RPGs, and it might do them some good to put some practice into it.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So I started a replay today. It's been a while since I played one of my own playthroughs (been going through with Sienna letting her make the choices) so this'll be my first opportunity to play through all ME3 DLC my way. I also have access to Bring down the sky for the first time on one of my playthroughs so that should be interesting.

Playing Infiltrator for the first time, for funsies. Also going for the rather undersubscribed Kaidan romance.

Lex

Administrator
do it with a male shepard and then you will understand my never ending love for the pairing.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Problem is I can't play an MshepxKaidan game. And then I'm just playing Mshep which is just...just no.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
OK, yeah, I forgot there was one part where the Mako's controls did get buggy on me. Although, it was more getting stranded on a normal patch of road, and/or blowing up the moment one wheel went off the road. F@#&%^$ Prothean skyway.

Let's see if the ExoGeni guy can survive this time.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I started a new ME1 game just cuz everyone's doing it.

Found a new bug! Just walked straight into the wall next to Shepard's locker. And got stuck. :awesome: Luckily Chakwas has cutscene dialogue and is close enough to speak with.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So I stumbled across an infinite money exploit that you can use easily if you're going for the Rich achievement or trying to get hold of the Spectre weapons. I use it solely for the achievement so that I can start of ME2 with extra bonuses. I've played this game six times cheat-free, I'm allowed this one. :monster:

After you save Dr Michel right at the beginning and go do other stuff you can come back and do her other sidequest which is easy as anything and will take two minutes. After that she offers you a discount in her store meaning that you also sell things to her at a higher price.
You can gain infinite credits by selling her your items and then buying them back cheaper from another nearby vendor in the markets as the buyback there won't be affected by the discount.

If you don't want to cheat like this but still want the achievement/weapons then just remember to make her the only vendor you ever sell your stuff to. You'll get a lot more credits out of it.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Thanks for the tip, I might try that once I'm off Feros. :monster: TBH, I've been offloading anything I didn't need/want on the Req. Officer on the Normandy, simply as he's there. He gives Shepard this long speech about how he needs money to get the special issue stuff, and then Shepard makes him hand over money for stuff he no longer wants.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah despite all the money glitches, it's incredibly easy to get to 9999999 credits just from selling off all the shit you don't need, since towards the end-game most mods and weapons sell for a very neat sum :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Plus there's that ridiculously annoying cap on the number of items you can carry in ME1.

What was I going to say.... oh yeah, I came across a bug in ME1 when I was playing it on PS3, got stuck in one of those random planet mission places and the game totally glitched, I was walking through walls then I ended up on the roof of the building and it wouldn't load stuff. Was fun to play around.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
You know what I hate?

How it took me seven playthroughs to realise the Mako had rockets. /rage

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Wait the Mako has rockets? Oh shit. I realized by accident when my controller fell to the floor and a rocket came out of the Mako.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
it has a what now

Top Bottom