Mass Effect Series

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I don't know man, the game mentioned that name a few times but I don't remember anyone by it. Although there was this completely forgettable and boring token black dude that I ignored and didn't use for anything but cba to remember his name.

I'm still trying to decide what's more embarrassing that YouTube recommended me that or that someone actually romanced Jacob and upload it to YouTube.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I hate the Praetorian on the Collector Ship.
Was he the one in leopard-print with an Australian accent?
Mock the Week repeat last night reminded me of this:

130314115845-jamaica-ski-gal-1-vertical-gallery.jpg

:monster:

Lex

Administrator
I hate the Praetorian on the Collector Ship

Don't we all XD. On insanity that section is not at all fun, even with biotic charge allowing you to fly over to the other side of the room. I found it truly challenging tbh.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
If you're not an Infiltrator at the higher levels, you're gonna have a hard time. If you're an Adept, you're gonna have the worst time. Very little damage protection ability (tech armor, biotic charge), no ability to distract it with (combat drone, tactical cloak) and you only have pistols and submachine guns to shoot it with.

>.<

Lex

Administrator
I just remember going around in circles up and down the ramps constantly. And you had to juggle that with killing the collectors on the other side of the room or they'd kill you as soon as you came into view. That might have been the hardest part tbh, although I wasn't a fan of the constantly respawning husks in the end room of the derelict reaper either.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I ended up hiding behind cover at the top of the ramp at the entrance of the room, and "sniping" (with the Locust SMG) the Collectors and Husks in the room, so it was only the Praetorian left. Three against one is much fairer. :awesome: I used the Collector Particle Beam to great effect.

Forgot last night: reached Tuchanka. Mordin and Grunt now loyal. Lack of ME1 data and inability to connect to internet to use the past data comic means Wreav is clan leader. *sharp inhale* Problematic.

No wonder Shperard's a Pragmatic Jerkass. A Paragon couldn't exist in a world where Wreav leads Clan Urdnot. It's a crime against nature.

Lex

Administrator
^That ain't good buddy. :(

Althought the locust SMG is the best weapon evar in ME2. Or well maybe not the best ever weapon but it's a very nice SMG, especially on insanity.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I ended up hiding behind cover at the top of the ramp at the entrance of the room, and "sniping" (with the Locust SMG) the Collectors and Husks in the room, so it was only the Praetorian left. Three against one is much fairer. :awesome: I used the Collector Particle Beam to great effect.

That was basically my strategy plus using the invisibility cloak.

Forgot last night: reached Tuchanka. Mordin and Grunt now loyal. Lack of ME1 data and inability to connect to internet to use the past data comic means Wreav is clan leader. *sharp inhale* Problematic.

No wonder Shperard's a Pragmatic Jerkass. A Paragon couldn't exist in a world where Wreav leads Clan Urdnot. It's a crime against nature.

Lack of Wrex is indeed problematic.

although I wasn't a fan of the constantly respawning husks in the end room of the derelict reaper either.

That is basically the reason why I bring Tali with me to the Collector ship, I put Chikktika vas Paus right in the middle of them to distract them and then just keep throwing Incinerate at them.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
If you have the PC version you can just edit your save to have whoever the hell you want/need alive or dead.

Just saiyan guys. :awesome:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Says the person who uses IE. :monster:

My computer is good but it probably couldn't run that game and I hate playing games on the PC.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
^That ain't good buddy. :(

Althought the locust SMG is the best weapon evar in ME2.
Using an Adept, I always used the locust SMG in my submachine slot. However I will say that in ME2 the Phalanx pistol was the most incredible thing. I never let go of it, but it got a massive nerf come ME3.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The Locust and the Widow were my bbs in ME2, always had them with me. Shame neither are nearly as awesome in ME3.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Unfortunately, the person I was going to do the joint playthrough with has had to drop out due to RL obligations. So, I'm going to return to the first game and rebuild my original Shepard (the Captain Carrot/Bruce Willis fusion). However, my local comics importer said you can get some bonuses on ME2 if you play through ME1 twice.

So, what's the group consensus here? Is it best for me to:
a) recreate the character and jump straight from ME1 to ME2?
or b) create a renegade character, grab some trophies I wouldn't otherwise get (and scenes I wouldn't see), and then recreate my original Shep with the NG+ bonuses?

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
IIRC you get bonuses in your second ME2 playthrough after completing ME2 at least once, but not from playing ME1 twice. However you do get bonuses from ME1 based on level, resources and paragon/renegade points.

I'd recommend (B) doing a proper transfer, because Wrex and a whole bunch of other decision-related shit that can't be replaced, plus starting bonuses. If you're a spoilerphile like me then you can read all about it here.

Here's some spoiler-free info from the wiki about the ME1->ME2 transfer starting bonuses:

A portion of the character's Paragon/Renegade points (up to 190 each, which requires the bar(s) to be 50% full[1]) are transferred over.

Importing a level 1 through level 49 character will grant 1,000 XP (the player starts at level 2), 20,000 credits, and 2,500 of each resource.

Importing a level 50 through level 59 character will grant 2,000 XP (the player starts at level 3), 30,000 credits, and 5,000 of each resource.

Importing a level 60 character will grant 4,000 XP (the player starts at level 5), 50,000 credits, and 10,000 of each resource.

Having the "Rich" achievement from Mass Effect will grant an additional 100,000 credits.

The import bonuses will stack with the Mass Effect 2 completion starting bonuses (200,000 credits and 50,000 of each resource).

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
As you need to play through once to remove the level cap of 50, that's kinda what I meant. :awesome: So yeah, I'll create a "junk" Shepard to open up the level 60 cap and hoover up some trophies I wouldn't otherwise get.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
OK, did Tali's loyalty mission last night... Might get shot down for this, but for all his initial dickishness towards Tali, Koris is actually a pretty decent guy.

Also, just three words:
Normandy crash site

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Koris is indeed a pretty decent guy, you'll see a lot more of that in ME3.

Was I the only one who took pleasure out of seeing the Mako crashed, no longer working? :monster:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Were there a renegade trigger for it I would have gladly pissed on the Mako's wreckage.

I always put the statue by the galaxy map.

Top Bottom