Mass Effect Series

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Hi, folks, question.

I've been playing on PS3, but my ME1 decisions don't transfer to ME2, is that just a feature of the game or can I do something about it? Thanks.

Lex

Administrator
Your ME1 decisions should absolutely transfer to ME2. Are you sure you're using the correct option to import your save before starting a new game in the menu?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
There is no 'import save' option in ME2. I can import from ME2 to ME3, but if there's another option, I can't find it.

I want to save Wrex, dammit!

Lex

Administrator
OK I'm gonna boot the game up then tell you exactly what to do, there should be an option there.

Your PS3 is connected to the internet right? There was a patch released for ME2 after ME1 became available on PS3, and if that's not installed that could be whats causing the issue. You need the patch.

EDIT: You click "New Game" from the main menu and it gives you 4 options:

Male
Female
Import ME1 Character (if you have a completed ME1 save file)
Import ME2 Character (if you've completed ME2)

Last edited:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I don't have access to my PS3 at the moment, but it sounds like that's probably why. I just remembered when I saw this thread, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks a lot, seriously.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
The pair of you literally hounded me to DEATH to play this game. But as much as I may sound like I resent that, I literally love you both for it.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I actually need to resume my Insanity playthrough of ME3 at some point. Think I just got past the part where
Kaidan is injured in Mars (poor baby! :() and I have to make the grand beginning of getting everyone ready for war.
Such funfun. I need the motivation.

Lex

Administrator
You know, I really don't like that Kaidan and Ashley have the same "plot" in ME3. I guess I can't really complain since they have completely different character development and the difference in how they interact with the crew is so stark it's unbelievable, but it would have been nice if they'd had different objectives/ plots following the attack on Mars and being in the hospital.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Playing ME1 for the first time and decided to confront Balak and he blew up the guys I was supposed to be helping. :| and got a reward of 25 renegade pts.

I didn't think he'd actually do it.

Pics of my ME2-3 Shepard

Attachments

• Sir Isley 2.jpg
    Sir Isley 2.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 10
  • Sir Isley 3.jpg
    Sir Isley 3.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
So it turns out that in Mass Effect 2 I got tali exiled from the Migrant fleet therefore, in Mass Effect 3 I cannot save both Quarians and Geth. This upsets me so I am replaying Mass Effect 2 again then restarting Mass Effect 3.

Lex

Administrator
Force made the same mistake but he was too stubborn to go back and fix it :monster:

(yes force, come on, lets make this thread super active again)

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I enjoy the series too much to have an imperfect ending. I want to make sure everything is done properly, My friend has just bought the series on PSN and she loves it now!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It wasn't that I was stubborn (though I most certainly am on that point, but we needn't get into that again), it's that that was my first playthrough. And I wanted that first playthrough to be based on what I did and the consequences thereof.

Personally, I don't see the point of a game with a bunch of choices and consequences if you're just gonna go back and make sure you made all the "right ones," otherwise, why put the choices in at all? That's just me though.

Also, i wasn't gonna play through all of ME2 again for one choice anyway. And certainly not for the sake of the Quarians who had been complete dicks to me and whatever I was trying to accomplish at every opportunity.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It wasn't that I was stubborn (though I most certainly am on that point, but we needn't get into that again), it's that that was my first playthrough. And I wanted that first playthrough to be based on what I did and the consequences thereof.

Personally, I don't see the point of a game with a bunch of choices and consequences if you're just gonna go back and make sure you made all the "right ones," otherwise, why put the choices in at all? That's just me though.

Also, i wasn't gonna play through all of ME2 again for one choice anyway. And certainly not for the sake of the Quarians who had been complete dicks to me and whatever I was trying to accomplish at every opportunity.
Couldn't agree with you more to be honest. It broke my heart when I saw people picking up the series to play it and going through with a guide of some such to get the perfect ending on the first trip around, or going back to change their decision when they realised there were consequences.

Mass Effect earned a place in my heart during Mass Effect 2. I'd romanced Jack and had a good old time playing through but then, during the final mission
A piece of debris came crashing into the Normandy and pierced her up against a wall, then she died.
My eyes were all wide and I was like hooooleeee shit. It made me love the game that much more.

Lex

Administrator
Mwahaha, my plan worked.

I didn't use a guide or go back through the game to make different decisions than my first playthrough. I guess I just kind of lucked into/ naturally preferred the decisions that seemed to have a better outcome.

In fact that's a tiny bit of a lie - since I only had access to Mass Effect 2 and the backstory comic prior to the release of ME3, I knew nothing about the series or Bioware. The very first time I played ME2 I chose to save the civilians and not the council, and I chose to save Ashley instead of Kaidan. The reason I didn't choose Kaidan was because I naturally assumed that Ashley was the canon love interest (because fuck me never did I think games would mature to the point of actual M/M romances) and I felt like that was the choice I was supposed to make for some reason. I think I read something more into the comic than what was there.

When I played through the game I realised that destroying the council was a bad decision, but I didn't care enough about it really until I was almost finished the game. I also romanced Jack. Following my first playthrough I read a bit about ME3 before it came out, found out there were same sex romances in the game, and having watched some of the YouTube mods allowing for mShenko in ME1, replayed the whole thing in the hope that a male Shepard would be able to romance Kaidan when the game came out. This second playthrough (onward) was when I saved the council.

Of course about a year after that ME1 was finally released for PS3 so I did my "platinum runs" where I got the platinum in every game, and just played the trilogy from start to finish (3 completionist playthroughs and 3 semi playthroughs of ME1 back to back before I even got to 2, it gets super annoying quickly).

Other than that, the decisions I've made have never actually changed (other than to see some dialogue before a reload or whatever). ME isn't the kind of game series I'd use a guide for, the fresh experience you craft for yourself is what counts. Having said that, I wouldn't say it "breaks my heart" to see people using guides. People like Carlie simply don't care about spoilers or knowing what the best/ most favourable outcome is, and that's fine for them but not for others.

So yeah, I changed two major decisions after my initial playthrough. It wasn't due to a guide, more just how the story played out/ things characters said that made me change my mind about saving the council. If the first thing you start out with is the backstory comic, saving a random group of government people compared to thousands of civilians is a numbers game. Had I played the first game I'd have seen the whole thing from a completely different POV, but I had no frame of reference for who these people were or why they were so important. That comic is a very poor substitute for the first game. I don't know if any of you were actually in the same situation as me there, because I think most of you played the trilogy on PC or XBox, and those that played on PS3 did so after the first game became available on it.

The other decision was obviously saving Kaidan, and that's obviously the best decision I ever made (for me personally, as in, for the canon of the story that I wanted). I didn't even know he'd be a romance for a male shepard in ME3, and I spent most of the game thinking he wouldn't be because they'd introduced Cortez and what were the chances they'd include two? SUPER FUCKING GLAD! OTP!!!111!!one!

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
And certainly not for the sake of the Quarians who had been complete dicks to me and whatever I was trying to accomplish at every opportunity.

On my first run of ME3, I didn't have enough "good" pts and they got obliterated by the Geth.:(

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Unlike Lex I love basically all 3 of the games and played them from start to finish and when each of them came out (100% completionist here too, though I'm on PC so it doesn't really mean anything :monster:)

In all honesty the only thing I ended up using a guide for was ME1's planet exploration mechanics, and that was only for the third or so playthrough of the game when I was determined to systematically scout out every planet. The rest of the series's plot/dialogue options seem pretty self-explanatory and unlike previous Bioware games, don't really have any major consequences that are contrary to the choices you make. Really, if players take their time to complete all parts of the game and accumulate heaps of Renegade/Paragon points (the only game in which this may be problematic would be ME2), it's not hard to achieve the best outcomes for each entry in the series.

I've never had to
shoot Wrex, exile Tali, or destroy the geth.
on a blind playthrough. Maybe its just luck, though.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Today I lost Kaidan, calmed down Wrex, and wasted time thinking I could romance Tali.

Top Bottom