Mass Effect Series

Splintered

unsavory tart
I despised ME1's inventory system. 2 didn't have any but I'd rather have that than the convolutes mess that was 2, which actually subtracted from the experience. Anything that makes inventory become time consuming bullshit busy work is not okay in my book.

I'd rather ME have some sort of customization, but 2 was definitely a step up from 1. As in nothing is in a step up from fucking awful.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Lolunleashed. Stupid phone XD

The other appearance thing that irked me was the armor sets (Inferno, Cerberus, Blood Dragon, etc). Same issue tho...I wish I could take off the helmet, tweak colors/material, etc. Blood Dragon armor would be a lot more awesome if I could make it black and red or something.

Plus side: Cerberus network. Great way to keep you abreast of new DLC.

Less good: lots and lots of preorder and bonus DLC that is otherwise unavailable. I get rewarding people for that, but there are about four separate preorder sets, meaning that there's no way to get them all legitimately.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I couldn't have been the only person who didn't enjoy mass effect 1's inventory, right? I generally forgot to sell all my shit (too busy slappin garrus around and telling him to straighten up and fly right as well as telling ashley to stop being so xenophobic). I mean yeah, I suppose it gave you more options, but once you got spectre gear did it really matter? I do wish there was more planet exploration, because I did enjoy that in ME1, but I am fine without the five hundred thousand things you get for inventory.

Are you insinuating that credits was ever a problem in your Mass Effect playthrough

Because that is just absurd

To be fair though, Spectre gear was endgame gear and by then you could just convert *everything* into omnigel and not give a damn unless they were upgrades :monster:
I think the weapon balances were pretty good for ME2. The sniper rifle was the most obvious change for me as an Infiltrator, but now I don't really need the pistol, go figure :awesome: The sniper rifle in Mass Effect 1 was an endgame weapon to the max. Properly upgraded it was a one-hit-wonder on pretty much everything except for the bosses. One hit wonder on rachni warriors, krogan, almost anything.

I haven't reached endgame of Mass Effect 2 to make comparisons. But I just hope BioWare finds a middleground between the first two games for Mass Effect 3. More variety and choice in weaponry but fewer unneccessary items, more sandbox exploration but with better vehicle handling, etc. One way I think would have made the omni-gel business much better was to switch around the functions of the buttons: instead of "Take All" and "Convert item into omnigel" it should have been "Convert all into omnigel" and "Take item". Or maybe have all 4 buttons! Hmmm. I guess it would just cut down on clickety-click for me as a PC user, rather than picking up a wall of items every time I search a crate and individually converting each item into omnigel because they were all useless :monster:
And keep up the good writing.

Also I'm getting bugs in Mass Effect 2 where it treats the little doodads on the map as walking terrain and I end up stuck hovering 10 meters above ground with the only available walking space as on top of some boulder with no way of getting off. >:

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Notrly. The sniper always killed everything in one hit, except Krogans (2), and Geth Destroyers/Primes (and bosses). The upgrades just made it better - and I was an Infiltrator looooooooool.

Also, ME2 pistols are godly. By which I mean The Phalanx.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Iunno, I just balled with Spectre VII and 2 Rail Extensions + High Explosive Rounds VIII, :monster:

And that was just on Hardcore. My guess is Insanity will probably give me better upgrades too. It seems to have; it's been giving me IXs and stuff.

Just finished Tali's loyalty mission - she seems to be like the only character on the crew who really needs a hug atm >:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
On my ME1 playthrough I'd actually found a use for... well, pretty much everyone except for Wrex (umad, you ask and yes imad) and Kaiden. Wrex because... I dunno, and Kaiden, because I had Liara :monster: Generally for every mission I did in the first game there was always something each of the characters could help with. And almost always, I found any of the characters that had Electronics or Decryption to be useful.

ME2, restricting the abilities of characters somewhat, I've formed more of a pattern when it comes to missions, but I've been sticking to Garrus and Miranda an awful lot. Garrus is pretty much a constant in my team. Garrus/Miranda is fantastic against geth.

My ME1 crew used to be

> Tali. First aid, sabotage, damping, overload, hacking, decryption, electronics. Shuts down tech/biotics entirely, destroys shields, goes around hacking Turrets and Geth Armatures and can even overheat weapons on a Colossus. All while healing your party and freeing up your own skill points for other things.

> Liara, once she's in my party and if I'm playing anything but an Adept. Fantastic teammate, and her First Aid stacks with Tali's for max healing. Before she joins I use Wrex, and before Wrex joins I use Ashley.

> Ashley if I'm an Adept. Comes with First Aid and does a respectable job of killing shit without micromanagement.

> I never found much use for Garrus or Kaiden in ME1. They just didn't bring anything new to the table. At least Wrex has cool dialogue.

ME2 crew:

Miranda and Grunt if I'm playing Insanity on a non-loyalty mission. Miranda is the most balanced teammate IMO with Warp, Overload, and that team damage/health bonus. Grunt is my tank and the perfect complement for the Infiltrator, taking fire while I'm cloaked. (And he will usually follow a command just long enough for the cloak to run out.) Depending on the mission, I'll sub Miranda out for Zaeed.

On lower difficulties I fit Mordin, Garrus, Thane, Legion, Kasumi and Samara into the rotation just because I like them. Jacob and Jack are OK but there's other characters with comparable skillsets that I like better. I avoid Grunt (because he kills everything and watching the game play itself isn't fun) and Tali (because she fights like Grunt, except with no armor or regeneration, and gets killed all the damn time).

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Just finished Grunt's loyalty mission.

Chose Thane for that

no idea why, I think it had something to do with shredder rounds but I was probably severely mistaken

Also, I got my femshep to headbutt a fucking krogan
Bitch doesn't get more badass than that

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I kinda thought about it and yknow I would have been less impressed by the event if Shepard was a guy

I'm still trying to think about why, though.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
WHAT THE FUCK DOES FIRST AID DO I HAVE YET TO FIGURE THIS OUT

My original reply to this was lost ;.;
ME2 crew:

Miranda and Grunt if I'm playing Insanity on a non-loyalty mission. Miranda is the most balanced teammate IMO with Warp, Overload, and that team damage/health bonus. Grunt is my tank and the perfect complement for the Infiltrator, taking fire while I'm cloaked. (And he will usually follow a command just long enough for the cloak to run out.) Depending on the mission, I'll sub Miranda out for Zaeed.

On lower difficulties I fit Mordin, Garrus, Thane, Legion, Kasumi and Samara into the rotation just because I like them. Jacob and Jack are OK but there's other characters with comparable skillsets that I like better. I avoid Grunt (because he kills everything and watching the game play itself isn't fun) and Tali (because she fights like Grunt, except with no armor or regeneration, and gets killed all the damn time).
I think it's hilarious that Miranda combines two of the best biotic/tech abilities (Warp/Overload) with squad bonuses, making one of the most "balanced" teammates (i.e., fucking EVERYONE uses her, and it's hard to justify NOT using her) for someone who is basically a Sentinel. XD

I forget what the rest of my reply was, other than mentioning that I'm LOVING my Jack/Kasumi combination of in-your-face-shotgunrape + Shadow Strike-rape, while Shep chills and snipes/Incinerates.

SHE IS AKI SHEPARD THE INFILTRATOR AND SHE SAVED YOU ON ELYSIUM

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
omg gas giants are such a waste of my time damnit I hate them

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I just woke up and am reading last night's MSN convo.

SATSU YOU MONG

ONLY PROBE RICH PLANETS

IT SAVES TIME AND MONEY AND STILL LEAVES YOU WITH MORE ELEMENTS THAN YOU CAN SPEND HERP DERP

I just woke up and am reading last night's MSN convo.

SATSU YOU MONG

ONLY PROBE RICH PLANETS

IT SAVES TIME AND MONEY AND STILL LEAVES YOU WITH MORE ELEMENTS THAN YOU CAN SPEND HERP DERP

At least you're doing it after the patch. Planet probing used to be a bitch.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Well I haven't even got the IFF thing and I'm sitting on about 300k+ for the three metals and ~100k of Element Zero

... I think I have enough for the rest of the game maybe :monster:

Also I want to go back to Grunt's loyalty mission just so I can watch my femshep headbutt krogan again <3

And one more thing: how much paragon/renegade do I need to pass the loyalty speech check? Because now Miranda's being a bitch about how I like Jack so much and I just want her to just buck the fuck up =/

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
And one more thing: how much paragon/renegade do I need to pass the loyalty speech check? Because now Miranda's being a bitch about how I like Jack so much and I just want her to just buck the fuck up =/

You sided with Jack? olawd

I think you need like 90-95% of either to pass the check. But Miranda has massive plot armor during the mission so unless you go out of your way to try and get her killed, she'll be fine (srsly, even the seeker swarms avoid her).

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yuh. And I'm one of few people that LIKE Jack. Plus I HATE Miranda.

:monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
New Mass Effect 2 DLC.

Forgetting about the collectors and going pirate with Jack.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It ends when she gets captured by another ship, right after she manages to get THE BOOTY on to the Normandy.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
btw don't get me wrong

I dislike Miranda, but cannot deny her combat use.

I like Jack's background, and her powers, but she's too IN YOUR FACE in combat - she has died on me more times than Kasumi. IN THE SAME SQUAD.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I never really had a use for Jack in combat. Samara was just a much better biotic expert imo, I mean damn Reave is like a godly Warp.

Top Bottom