Mass Effect Series

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I dunno. I mean, I never really spent any time on Earth, so, y'know, I don't really care much for it even though it's probably really significant.
We already know that the Citadel is where it's at, which is the seat of Council space, and they established in ME1 that killing off everyone there would mean the destruction of most races in the galaxy.

After that the destruction of the human race on a planet in the Local Cluster doesn't seem as significant in the broader view of things. :monster:

Last edited:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Mass Effect 3

VGA 2010 was the first to show off the WORLD PREMIERE of the third (and possibly last) installment of this epicly epic franchise.

[insert trailer here when I can be arsed]

Earth. Reapers. Shepard.

Wrex.

OH MY GOD I AM SO JIZZING MYSELF IN ANTICIPATION.

DISCUSS.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

I NEED IT

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Isn't this the game that i had never seen before..

Yes it's the third installment of one of the most critically acclaimed, popular, and visible video game series of all time that you've never heard about or seen ever never.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
HNNNNNNGH GIVE IT TO ME

I SAW PART OF THE TRAILER AND WAS LIKE KAJHFLKSFJNLKJHBFAJSLEHFB:SKDFBSDJKHFBDSJLHF

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah, I'm excite for this one but like I explained in the other thread this Earth-is-getting-invaded-omg routine doesnt have as much impact as I thought it would imo

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I like the space call of duty fakeout at the beginning.

Nice red herring.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah, I'm excite for this one but like I explained in the other thread this Earth-is-getting-invaded-omg routine doesnt have as much impact as I thought it would imo

It's personal. Rather than being THAT GUY which goes and saves the entire galaxy, he is now the guy protecting his home planet.
The Reapers are going to wipe the galaxy anyway, to complete the cycle. The trailer just indicates earth is a main target.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Don't worry. I shall beat them to the ground despite losing Zaeed, Legion and miranda ; __ ;

OR I can replay that again and overwrite my mistake in time for this.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
It's personal. Rather than being THAT GUY which goes and saves the entire galaxy, he is now the guy protecting his home planet.
The Reapers are going to wipe the galaxy anyway, to complete the cycle. The trailer just indicates earth is a main target.

Since when did Shepard ever care about Earth being his home planet, not to mention the fact that Earth might not have necessarily even been his home planet? Given the dialogue choices, I'd probably choose something along the lines of "don't give too much of a fuck" because y'know as Shepard you never spend any significant amount of time in the Local Cluster, the place never was particularly interesting or important. I suspect had we actually needed to go onto the planet for missions in the previous games, I would have actually been more emotionally invested in saving it rather than thinking "it's really just a blip on the galaxy map that so happens to be the highest concentration of humans". :monster: Or had we actually had the choice to examine the significance of Earth in earlier games, ie. talk about the place in detail.

My guess is that Bioware isn't going to write Earth as the ultimate end of the conflict. They're much too smart to make it this cheesy.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I hope they don't either to be honest. I can see where you're coming from aswell as far as earth's significance goes, but its the home of Humanity, which happened to be the thing you set out to save in ME2. You can tell the other races are going to get involved too, so it might be interesting to see war on earth with people like the Asari etc.

Either way, Bioware are going to pull us in one way or another. I can't wait to get on to Earth aswell. As the trailer shows (and living in London my entire life, it was expecially awesome for me.) There are landmarks are around, and it will be cool to see a future version of the Earth we have now, rather than what looks like some random earth colony.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It's the symbolism of it, Satsu. They're going after the human homeworld first, since they can't get at Citadel due to the antics of a group of HUMANS. Then they go fuck up the rest of our shit, and then they go have creepy robot asari rapesex, they put bombs in krogan eyes, they squeeze salarians until theat green goo they call blood pops out of their eyes, and they paint their faces to pretend to be as awesome as turians while blasting them in the faces. Lastly, they go to Kahje and piss on all the hanar before raping them to give them a taste of their own medicine.

They leave the drell alone because they're all going to die of Kepral's anyway, and the vorcha...well, the vorcha aren't that bright :oscar:

Point being - we're just where it starts.

Speaking of which, pretty sure that's the opening movie for the game :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I just thought about the figures and from the way I see it 9 million people killed by a full Reaper invasion in 1 week out of several billion people inhabiting Earth

is actually quite a slow apocalypse

There could be an obvious explanation for this but still :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
No surprise there.
Mass Effect 3 will launch on PS3 at the same time as Xbox360 and PC. Original Mass Effect to remain exclusive to the latter two.

sauce

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Honestly? Why wouldn't they port the original to PS3 as well? That's a whole lot of shit they're missing out on. Without the first game there isn't really a reason to care about Commander Shepard when he/she dies. There's very little impact compared to what it'd be like if the player had invested tens of hours into the character.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I agree.

People who only have a PS3 and pick this franchise up from ME2 won't understand just how good the games are, and are missing probably the most important aspect of the series itself. Then your gonna get people saying that its 'Hyped up' when it just so isn't.

So yeah, calling it now ^. When you hear this in 2011 from PS3 users, direct them to this post.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Microsoft had a hand in its making, Satsu. :monster:

See also: ME2 coming to PS3, with ME1 interactive comic that tells the entire story of ME1 in detail, with choices being made that affect ME2.

Top Bottom