Joe, Arcana
I knew there was a raisin I liked you, Satsu-butt
femshep_and_liara_3_by_rescraft-d7vt7cp.jpg

Last edited:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Finish all recruitment/loyalty missions before the Reaper IFF. It's a "point of no return" so to speak. (There is enough time for exactly one loyalty mission *immediately* afterward, and it will be obvious whose it is.)

Lex

Administrator
Finish all recruitment/loyalty missions before the Reaper IFF. It's a "point of no return" so to speak. (There is enough time for exactly one loyalty mission *immediately* afterward, and it will be obvious whose it is.)

Sound advice, but just so everybody knows the game allocates "slots" based on how many remaining loyalty/ recruitment missions, it's just highly bugged, to the point where there are specific triggers for missing all of your slots (and for most of us, it's the one slot).

Keveh, you need to make a manual save immediately BEFORE and immediately AFTER the end of the mission we're talking about. On the PS3 version in my experience, going left to the armoury triggers dialogue from EDI which locks you out of any other missions aside from the endgame. You'll be wanting to go to the elevator to go down and talk to crew members, so go by way of Mordin's lab (you start from the conference room at the end of that mission). I have no idea why but I tested it pretty thoroughly and that definitely triggers it.

If you have more than one mission left, you risk accidentally triggering the endgame upon completion of every mission that the game lets you do without bugging basically. So my spoiler-free (kind of) advice is to do absolutely every single mission (you don't need to do Shadow Broker or Arrival, those can be done after completing the game and IMO are more interesting that way, especially Arrival) that is available. By the time you go to do the IFF mission, you'll have none left. When you finish it, you need to go and speak to someone on the ship (you'll know who) to trigger a final loyalty mission. Just be careful, with EDI's dialogue aboard the ship. If you're walking around after that and you randomly hear her say something that sounds kind of ominous, reset the save or it might bug out and you won't be able to do the last mission.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The reasons why you're giving this advice is exactly why you shouldn't, though :/

because seriously the crippling pain of seeing your favorite characters die is half the experience of mass effect, and while "have a lot of manual saves, especially after completing a mission" is good advice, saying HEY SAVE THE GAME BEFORE THIS THING gives away that it's the endgame, and the idea of completing every loyalty mission, blah blah blah, which is where half of the trickeration from the suicide mission comes from

but that's just me, idk

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No, I agree. The first time through a game so much about the "experience" like this one, I definitely don't subscribe to Carlie's philosophy. I want to make the decisions and experience the consequences. Otherwise, what's the point of having the decisions at all?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Lex

Administrator
No :monster:

Guys, the advice is to avoid a bug, not to manufacture the experience. I would have been mightily pissed off if I'd found out I missed a mission due to a bug, but luckily I didn't come across it the first time I played.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I let my friend borrow my trilogy pack but good thing I got another copy of ME2. Its time for another run.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No :monster:

Guys, the advice is to avoid a bug, not to manufacture the experience. I would have been mightily pissed off if I'd found out I missed a mission due to a bug, but luckily I didn't come across it the first time I played.

I missed the part about the bug, I was merely agreeing with Omega's general philosophy (and noted how it differed from the one other people have noted before, such as Carlie):monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Also pointing out that I'm on par with Force and Omega on this one. The idea of a perfect playthrough with a game like this on the first run seems daft to me. There's tons of choices and tons of consequences that are all genuinely important. Robbing myself of that would take away half the allure of the game.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
IDK, I was afraid I would miss important stuff, so I played most FF games with a walkthrough, :awesome:. I would've missed Vincent / Yuffie if I hadn't.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I remember being genuinely surprised how almost perfect the first runs for the first and second game were when I researched them. Obviously, I knew I was going to fuck up the third one as it's a given. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I missed the part about the bug, I was merely agreeing with Omega's general philosophy (and noted how it differed from the one other people have noted before, such as Carlie):monster:

Also pointing out that I'm on par with Force and Omega on this one. The idea of a perfect playthrough with a game like this on the first run seems daft to me. There's tons of choices and tons of consequences that are all genuinely important. Robbing myself of that would take away half the allure of the game.

Uhuh uhuh, cool, *nods head in general agreement*, different philosophies, I'm on board.

Seriously though Keveh follow my advice and make an "incase" save in the event you get hit by that bug. Unless you're going to take the blind thing one step further and worship incorrect code because that's how it is on the disc or something XD.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Those who play completionist-style usually get near-perfect runs on most of the Mass Effect games. Even doing Mass Effect 2 blind,
I only lost Miranda in the end, which I didn't get too beaten up over~

Last edited by a moderator:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Eh
Might not even happen :monster:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Completed Kasumi's loyalty mission.

On my way to Omega to recruit Garrus & Mordin.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Even doing Mass Effect 2 blind, I only lost Miranda in the end, which I didn't get too beaten up over~
tumblr_luhui57h5X1r5lwi2o1_500.gif

And you better pray certain people don't see this. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I went ahead and tagged the spoiler part of satsu's post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom