Mass Effect Series

Lex

Administrator
If it doesn't make an appearance at E3 something is up. This game has so far had the longest production cycle of any ME game to date. I mean it's awesome, I'm not knocking that because more time = better game, but we're overdue for some solid news for sure. Mass Effect 3 came out over 3 years ago now.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Still don't care very much for the new galaxy concept.

Like, if you're going to basically change the entire setting bar a few tenuous connections to the previous games, might as well make it that 'new IP' that y'all were talking about at E3 all those yonks ago.
Doubly so if they're just going to repeat the exact same narrative tropes and not even bother to put the effort into hiding it.

But whatever, speculations gonna speculate

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
giphy.gif

Intending to do the same to my brother (he's almost 9) in about 5-6 years. He's playing between Harry Potter, several Lego games, Minecraft and more recently, The Sims 3. Anyone who hasn't played this and is looking for one of the greatest video series of all time should be playing this.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Hopping back into Mass Effect 2 and last time I'd played I'd just completed Horizon and now there's a whole list of recruitment and personal missions to do.

And I am at a total loss for direction.

Help :closedmonster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Get all the recruitment missions done... I think?

All squad members are important, no matter how big or small their role is. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The order in which you do your missions is literally just throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded. Do them in whichever order you please :monster:

Main story progress is gated behind the progress of your recruitment, so you probably won't miss out on a whole lot besides the many different permutations of companion dialogue, which you'd need multiple playthroughs to experience in full anyway :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Just recruited Tali!

Talitalitalitalitali! :D Love Tali and her uber badass sass towards Jacob when she's recruited. And the over the shoulder stare of death when he mentions the ship has an AI.

Ah! I just love Tali :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
Remember to speak to your crew between missions and get all of the ship upgrades when you recruit someone new :monster:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Holy mutherfudgin' Collector Ship O_o

The Illusive Man just sort of dumped this mission to go check out a Collector ship on us at random. So off we went and of course there's all manner of fishy things afoot. Like it being the same ship that blew the everliving feck out of the Normandy last time. And arbitrary emptiness.

It was super eerie though, with all the pods and corpses and whatnot. Very Alien-esque vibe to the whole place. Also, the revelation about the Protheans being mutated and enslaved into Collectors was pretty damn jaw dropping. They'd done such a good job establishing that the Reapers had more than likely wiped the Protheans out because that's their modus operandi and then to drop this reveal bomb was just very clever writing. Very harrowing actually, and a very subtle throwback to Saren pretty much suffering an identical fate due to Reaper machinations, being ripped apart and moulded into something utterly divorced from what he used to be.

I hate the fuckin' Reapers ;_; The writer's do an excellent job of making you care about a race that has literally zero screen time with the Protheans. Bit like the Cetra in FF7, everything is connected to them in some way or another so you're always interacting with their culture without ever interacting with them.

Lex

Administrator
Holy mutherfudgin' Collector Ship O_o

The Illusive Man just sort of dumped this mission to go check out a Collector ship on us at random. So off we went and of course there's all manner of fishy things afoot. Like it being the same ship that blew the everliving feck out of the Normandy last time. And arbitrary emptiness.

It was super eerie though, with all the pods and corpses and whatnot. Very Alien-esque vibe to the whole place. Also, the revelation about the Protheans being mutated and enslaved into Collectors was pretty damn jaw dropping. They'd done such a good job establishing that the Reapers had more than likely wiped the Protheans out because that's their modus operandi and then to drop this reveal bomb was just very clever writing. Very harrowing actually, and a very subtle throwback to Saren pretty much suffering an identical fate due to Reaper machinations, being ripped apart and moulded into something utterly divorced from what he used to be.

I hate the fuckin' Reapers ;_; The writer's do an excellent job of making you care about a race that has literally zero screen time with the Protheans. Bit like the Cetra in FF7, everything is connected to them in some way or another so you're always interacting with their culture without ever interacting with them.

How did you recruit Tali before getting the collector ship mission? I R confused.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Top Bottom