Mass Effect Series

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Always thought Liara was a little, well...boring.
fbsmsh.gif

Lex

Administrator
Well Force isn't wrong, she is boring. If you're not romancing her. I can think of another character like that :P

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Liara is so cold and distant in ME2 that it drove me into Tali's arms.

True story: Liara was my instant love interest choice in ME1 and I wanted to love her in 2 but noooooooooooo she's too busy to make out with Space Jesus for a few minutes.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I don't like the direction this conversation is going. Somebody needs to get me some Liara fanart right now to calm me down.

Lex

Administrator
I'd be happy to oblige if all Liara fanart wasn't shoops of Maxim women painted blue by 14 year old teenagers.

yes i went there

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'll admit, Liara fascinated me in the first game. But then she bored me for the second game with the exception of the Shadow Broker DLC. She captured my attention again in the third game, but I'm not sure if I could romance her throughout the trilogy.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'd be happy to oblige if all Liara fanart wasn't shoops of Maxim women painted blue by 14 year old teenagers.

yes i went there

giphy.gif

liara_t__soni_v2_0_by_brinx2-d5sdwm2.jpg

masseffect2_metamorphosis.jpg

the_promise_by_ma_rin-d516v33.jpg

...The fact I had to spend a good ten minutes trawling through shopped model photos to find those is irrelevant >_____>

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Maybe because before the Shadow Broker DLC what she had in the second game was essentially a cameo.
Yeah, I found it immensely disappointing that she didn't have a bigger role in that respect. To be drastically reduced like that was a big surprise, considering her role in the first game is quite crucial. I do hope we'll see her in the next game, but I'm not holding out since there's not a lot of news on that front yet.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Recruited Samara and Thane and they've given me their loyalty missions.

Jaysus these two lay it on thick with the tragic back stories.

Samara: Pretty much liked her from the moment she stepped onto the screen. She's got that Auron type vibe of just being immensely wise and experienced, but instead of his cynicism she has this unflinching calm about her. Every good team needs the sage type person :monster:

I also very much like how she approaches the whole situation with Morinth being an Ardat Yahski (did I spell that right?). There's a great sort of motherliness in her voice when she describes Morinth but then it's followed up with her usual frankness.

She's a badass who isn't so stupid as to think being a badass means not giving a shit or becoming cold. I like her little moments of vulnerability, and I like even more that she has the wisdom to let them come out from time to time.

Thane: So Drell lungs can't deal with moisture in the air...At least they'll never invade Ireland :closedmonster:

Drell seems to be another example of super awesome cutscene badassery with neck snapping and ventilation shaft crawling galore.

I do like the whole Assassin by trade but not really a killer by nature thing he's got going on. And I like his whole story with his family. No real fight, or conflict, just continuously growing a part until there wasn't anything there anymore.

Of the two I think Samara's made a greater impression on me so far.

Also been fucking around probing planets and getting upgrades and exploring. Landed on Tarith (I think it was called) and sweet jaysus creepy dragon aliens and lobster monsters O_o

Still haven't come across a Thresher Maw as far as I remember...But I am oh so very wary. Will never forget getting obliterated by that first one in ME1.

All I wanted was to mine some rocks...

Also, does it matter when one takes on the Shadow Broker DLC? Or is it like the Firewalker stuff where it can just be done whenever? If Liara's in it I'm assuming it's got more plot than the other DLC?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Re: Shadow Broker DLC, it honestly doesn't matter when you take it. The developers said canon-wise it takes place after the main story but the dialogue is slightly different depending on where in the story you are. Take it on whenever you like.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I think I played it just before the big finale because Carlie wouldn't stop going on about how bloody amazing it was at the time. But yeah, what Joe said. It's singlehandedly the best DLC for the series, although Citadel (ME3) comes in extremely close at the same time.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Landed on Tuchanka. The reunion with Wrex was awesome. And pretty funny. And dat Reptilian Barry White voice. Hubba hubba.

Also did Mordin's loyalty mission. Didn't kill Maelon. Had Mordin save the research data.

I feel like I'm going to regret this decision and I don't really know why :closedmonster:

This mission also made Mordin a lot more sympathetic and endearing. Not that he wasn't before, I always liked his character and hey, dude ran a medical clinic in a slum. But watching him still wrestle with the logic of the whole genophage situation and his own moral feelings about it was actually kind of heartbreaking.

Mordin gets screwed over by choices in this game as much as the player does ;_;

Damn you Bioware ¬_¬

Figure I might as well do Grunt's loyalty mission next since I'm here.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
You made the right choice saving the data. You'll see why soon. I always save it.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Re: Shadow Broker, I always do it as soon as it's available, simply because, from a gameplay perspective (not story), it's more useful the earlier you do it.

Plus the story in it is fantastic.

But it's nowhere near as good as Citadel MAN THAT DLC SO GOOD.

It's on par with Leviathan though.

Lex

Administrator
Bioware's story DLC for Mass Effect was just immense. There's so much content it's like an extra game, so the prices never seemed too high for me. Especially Citadel, holy crap.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
You guys are making me want to play through the trilogy again. :monster:

Ok, maybe not the first one because sometimes it felt like a tedious chore.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
who wants to see me play the first one on insanity

because they'll need to gift it on steam for that to happen :oscar:

ed: that reminds me, once I actually get back into playing me2 for that let's play, I need to remember to show myself modding my save so I can romance tali as femshep

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Like that totally should've been an option in the game. Tali's voice mixes so much better with femshep than maleshep.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
But it's nowhere near as good as Citadel MAN THAT DLC SO GOOD.

Hrmmmmm
hrmmmmmmmrrrrrmmmmm

yes i went there

Yeah but then again, Liara gets all the SFM stuff

Case
closed

:wacky: :awesome: :wacky:

Top Bottom