Mass Effect Series

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
EDIT: I am a slow herp derp and Joe beat me to it.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It was my understanding (In ME2 atleast) that it was just based on points. I say this because each opportunity to gain Renegade or Paragon points, offers a static amount of points, meaning there is only a set amount of points available in each mission. Makes me think that it's just points. The only other thing is the class talent, that offers a percentage increase to your dominant morality.
Again, I haven't seen anything solid either way.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So, either way, it doesn't appear as though I can get her loyalty back before going on the suicide mission? Because even if I did those damn Hammerhead missions I doubt they'd give me however many paragon points I need.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Depends - have you also been doing side missions, and have you maxed out your class skill (which gives either a 70% or 100% bonus to Para/Gade points in your gauge)?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The points are there to be had, somewhere. Try the hub worlds (Omega, Citadel, Illium, Tuchanka.) and see if there are some assignments you missed the first times around for the extra points and credits. I certainly missed a few when I did it the first few times.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Yeah, considering how far into the game you are there's just not enough paragon points left before the final mission. :(

That said - you don't need to have everyone loyal to have them all survive the final mission. I've seen lots of people get the achieve with 3 or 4 people not loyal. I don't want to spoil you about the ending, but make sure you know your crew and you might just pull it off.

Edit: Joe's right in that you can get a few points off the hub worlds and the occasional random mission, but not very many. How far away from 100% paragon are you?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm VERY close to crossing into the last 'segment'. But I imagine that's still reasonably far from filling it. I had been hoping being in the final segment would be enough :P

It did lots of side missions, the only ones left in my journal are the aforementioned Hammerhead ones. Last time I was in Omega I did the picking up packages for Ish thing. But I planned on making one final sweep of them to spend the rest of my credits on whatever upgrades/stuff the shops have. So I'll be sure to keep my eye out. And THE class skill is the only one that affects your score, right? (The Infiltrator skill, in this case)

I was never aiming to max either, I was just role playing myself, would've been fine if not for this crap, lol. But we'll see what happens :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It is, yeah. And it's ALWAYS a good idea to max that one, since it gives you damage/power bonuses :monster:

Aaaand the end of Overlord gives a fair bit, but the Hammerhead missions do not. Ummm...actually, go into your journal next time you play, and list off the missions you've finished or have active.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I originally chose the option that didn't affect your paragon/renegade score when I maxed Infiltrator since I, as stated, didn't really care this playthrough. After this I bought retrain powers and picked the other one, still wasn't enough though.

And okay, I'll do that.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, BOTH options increase your scores, it's just that one does it more. XD Sounds like you took the Assassin specialization.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh, and that helmet that gives a boost to "negotiations," does that only work when you're in your armor?

i.e. Might it help on the ship :awesome:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Only works when you're in your armour, unfortunately.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I like the image of walking into Miranda's office in casual clothes except for that helmet :monster:

By the way,
That bit with Joker when the Collectors invade the ship was freaking intense. And it really IS weird, the Normandy being so empty, even the people you didn't pay much attention to. Crazy...

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I like the image of walking into Miranda's office in casual clothes except for that helmet :monster:

By the way,
That bit with Joker when the Collectors invade the ship was freaking intense. And it really IS weird, the Normandy being so empty, even the people you didn't pay much attention to. Crazy...

DAMN RIGHT IT WAS. I was shitting it while I played through it.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
That part was freaky. I totally died critical mission failure'd when I was too slow getting from Jack's area to the engineering console, which made it all the more terrifying because for some strange reason I thought that as Joker I was INVINCIBLE.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
YVBUONJMKFIHYBUVFMYGRVHUMIUBYVJUSHBOBHYGVHBJ!!!1111!!!1

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Ummm...actually, go into your journal next time you play, and list off the missions you've finished or have active.

Normandy Crash Site
Project Firewalker: Rosalie Lost
Overlord
Normandy: Special Ingredients
Normandy: Serrice Ice Brandy
Normandy: FBA Couplings
Omega: Struggling Quarian
Omega: Missing Assistant
Omega: Archangel Datapad Recovered
N7: Lost Operative
Omega: Patriarch
N7: Eclipse Smuggling Depot
Citadel: Krogan Sushi
Project Firewalker: Volcano Station
Illium: Indentured Service
Illium: The Prodigal: Lost Locket FOund
Illium: Medical Scans
Illium: Blue Rose of Illium
Illium: The Assassion: Salarian Family Data
Illium: Justicar: Stolen Goods Found
Illium Justicar: Smuggling Evidence
N7 Archeological Dig Site
N7: MSV Strontium Mule
Citadel: False Positives
Citadel: Crime in PRogress
Tuchanka: Killing Pyjaks
Tuchanka: Old Blood: Missing Scout
Tuchanka Combustion Manifold
N7: Imminent SHip Crash
N7 Blue SUns Base
N7 Javelin Missiles Launched
Project FIrewalker PRothean Ruins

Unfinished:
Project Firewalker Geth Incursion
Project Firewalker: Survey Sites located
Omega: Packages for Ish (which I completed...I don't know why its listed as active)

I assume I don't need to list the missions as I obviously did all of them to get this point :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Sweet merciful Christ, man. If those all need to be completed, then you will gain *plenty* of Paragon points for them - in theory, depending on what choices you make.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Unfinished:
Project Firewalker Geth Incursion
Project Firewalker: Survey Sites located

IIRC I don't think you get any points from those ones. :(

Omega: Packages for Ish (which I completed...I don't know why its listed as active)
It's bugged - if you talk to Ish and use either the Paragon or Renegade option it won't be marked as complete in your journal, even though it is. To get the credit for it you have to either take one of the regular options with Ish, or talk to the batarian bodyguard in Afterlife who's name I can't recall (Anto? maybe) and complete it that way.

Edit: Wait, have you completed all those top missions or are they still active?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No, they're all done, only the three ones labeled "Unfinished" are active.

But it doesn't matter anyway because I just beat it. Pretty damn awesome. It just makes you feel so cool,
being able to stick it to the Illusive Man after being strung along all this time, for instance.

And Miranda died anyway, but I was kinda tricked. For most of it, I was taking my non-loyal characters with me as I figured they wouldn't die while with me. But I had every intention of using loyal people for the final boss, I just didn't realize that the last party I set up would be the last, so I was too afraid to leave unloyal people behind to guard the door. So both Zaeed and Miranda are dead. But I did so well up to that point :rage:

This New Game+ option, I'm assuming it starts a separate career, yes?

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Woot, grats :monster: Yeah the NG+ starts a new career.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh, and since I complained about it earlier,
It was nice to see the Normandy DO SOMETHING apart from look cool. Finally some ship combat, in a cutscene, but I'll take what I can get.

Although, I have to say - holy shit, if the guns were that freaking powerful that could have solved any number of problems along the way. Why was it never mentioned as an option! Any time it was a dialogue choice I would make it, only to be told the Normandy doesn't have enough firepower. Bullshit! Two shots absolutely decimated the Collector ship!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
New Game Plus, pretty much restarts the story for the character you just finished it with. You can't change your class, but you'll keep your level and all of the points you put into talents. You'll also keep any armour you bought.
Your Para/gade score wil reset though.

Top Bottom