Mass Effect Series

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I've got an old modem, I'd either have to upgrade or switch to another provider, I can't afford either.

Anyway if you keep talking to Jack what happens? You know if you try to be her friend? I never did talk to everyone after each mission and I get the impression that I've missed out on Dialogue with everyone.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You should bring your PS3 over to a friend's house just long enough to download the stuff :monster:

And she opens up some about what happened at the lab and what kinds of things she did between that and her incarceration
(blowing up a space station, belonging to a cult, etc.)
She usually cuts off as she realize she's opening up.

I THINK I talked to everyone enough to hear everything they had to say (apart from anything exclusive to Tali's loyalty which I didn't have. Thus she and Legion never fought either). Didn't talk to Zaeed that much because I was never very interested by him.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
If you talk to her as Male shepard and go on to romance her, she has a major character development. Kind of sucky that it's only for Mshep but ah well.

And Russell needs to connect it to the internet, if only for Lair of the shadow broker. >.<

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
If you talk to her as Male shepard and go on to romance her, she has a major character development. Kind of sucky that it's only for Mshep but ah well.
i for one find it hilarious how she bitches about how selfish and horrible other people are but she won't give you the time of day if you're female!Shep.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
If you don't talk to Zaeed, you're missing out on some AWESOME stories about how much of a badass he is XD

And yeah dood go download shit because it's SO FUCKING GOOD. Although I think Shadow Broker ISN'T as good if you didn't play the first game (esp. if you didn't romance Liara).

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Yeah, Zaeed has some awesome stories.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATED A HANAR SINCE.

I also love talking to Kasumi, just because she's a total gossip.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA

And Russell needs to connect it to the internet, if only for Lair of the shadow broker. >.<

So it takes a Penis to develop Jack's character? O_o
Well that's sexist, the only way this iron-maiden, takes-nobodys-crap, bionic bitch can grow as a person is if a big strong man bones her?

Oh Bioware, you used to be cool.

Also the PS3 version contains most of the DLC on the disc: Kasumi, Overlord & Shadow Broker, but not Zaeed or the interactive backstory comic.
A blu-ray has space for all of it, feel like I’m being punished for not being connected. But developers do it on purpore to force you to connect because DLC is just another way to make money right? <_<

I’m not paraniod, no matter what anyone says. :shifty:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
But those are still free, so I'm not sure of their motivations...

Also, even if I played male Shepard, Jack is probably the last person I'd stick it in.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
So it takes a Penis to develop Jack's character? O_o
Well that's sexist, the only way this iron-maiden, takes-nobodys-crap, bionic bitch can grow as a person is if a big strong man bones her?
u got it all wrong

it's only if he's nice about it

because being nice only matters if you can have het sex with it

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Maybe the game, along with those extras (LotSB is pretty big) can't all fit on the disc. After all the Xbox360 version is split into two discs without all those extras.

Idk man. =/

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Maybe the game, along with those extras (LotSB is pretty big) can't all fit on the disc. After all the Xbox360 version is split into two discs without all those extras.

Idk man. =/

DVD Storage capacity:
4.7GB (single-layer)
8.5GB (dual-layer)

Blu-ray Storage capacity:
25GB (single-layer)
50GB (dual-layer)

Yeah I think there's space on a Blu-ray. :P

So what is a good strategy for beating the game on Insanity?
Do you have to use the same character for a second play-thru? :huh:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Again, you don't have to, but for an Insanity playthrough it is advised that you use a new game+. Being able to go straight into the game with all your weapons, armour and talent points and powers is a major advantage over not having them. It's still possible to do so otherwise if you want to, but there will be a noticeable difference.

Other than that I guess it depends what class you play. The difficulty of an Insanity playthrough really depends on what class you're playing as and how comfortable you are really playing as them.

It took me a while to REALLY know how to play an Adept. I've yet to play an Engineer, and I had a little trouble learning the Vanguard at first, but in my opinion the Adept is the hardest to get used to. On the other hand, I feel so accomplished now that I can. I suggest you go read the tips/tactics on the ME wiki for your chosen class when it comes down to Insanity. It will probably give you a good idea how to utilize your character to it's full potential.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The latest patch for Mass Effect 2 PS3 is out, and in it BioWare made a whoopsie, including three new trophies for what looks to be a new DLC pack titled 'Arrival'. Big thanks to ColonelColon for the original post.

Details of the three tophies can be found below (spoilered of course), and an image of the trophy list can be seen here

Quote:
The Ultimate Sacrifice
- Complete the Arrival DLC

Last Stand
-Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho

Covert Action
-Rescue Dr. Amanda Kenson without attracting hostile attention.

Followers might remember BioWare stating that the Cerberus Daily News feed would be going offline this year, and would come back online for a couple of weeks sometime later on to hype up the arrival of the last major DLC pack. The feed is still offline, and went offline on the 24th of January. This was the last message;

"Historians and astronomers alike are abuzz tonight over a new paper published by Dr. Amanda Kenson of the University of Arcturus. Her team claims that by testing the dust trapped in the gravity wells around a mass relay, and comparing its composition to that of dust clouds in the same system, scientists can create a timeline of when the relay passed through the dust. Her conclusion? &#8220;Only a small fraction of the mass effect relays date back 50,000 years,&#8221; she writes, &#8220;The majority are far older, indicating they were created by a species predating even the Protheans.&#8221; Dr. Aurana T&#8217;Meles of the University of Serrice met the information with skepticism: &#8220;While Dr. Kenson&#8217;s methods appear sound, the asari tried a similar procedure centuries ago and discounted it. What civilization could have spanned the galaxy for not thousands, but millions of years? If this were the case, we should have found mountains of evidence of their passing. Where is this species now?"

Notice any similarities? ;)

BioWare are yet to make an official comment on this, but we can always speculate what it's about.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26057282&postcount=1

Holy shit, and here I thought they were done with DLC till ME3.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The latest patch for Mass Effect 2 PS3 is out, and in it BioWare made a whoopsie, including three new trophies for what looks to be a new DLC pack titled 'Arrival'. Big thanks to ColonelColon for the original post.

Details of the three tophies can be found below (spoilered of course), and an image of the trophy list can be seen here

Quote:
The Ultimate Sacrifice
- Complete the Arrival DLC

Last Stand
-Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho

Covert Action
-Rescue Dr. Amanda Kenson without attracting hostile attention.

Followers might remember BioWare stating that the Cerberus Daily News feed would be going offline this year, and would come back online for a couple of weeks sometime later on to hype up the arrival of the last major DLC pack. The feed is still offline, and went offline on the 24th of January. This was the last message;

"Historians and astronomers alike are abuzz tonight over a new paper published by Dr. Amanda Kenson of the University of Arcturus. Her team claims that by testing the dust trapped in the gravity wells around a mass relay, and comparing its composition to that of dust clouds in the same system, scientists can create a timeline of when the relay passed through the dust. Her conclusion? “Only a small fraction of the mass effect relays date back 50,000 years,” she writes, “The majority are far older, indicating they were created by a species predating even the Protheans.” Dr. Aurana T’Meles of the University of Serrice met the information with skepticism: “While Dr. Kenson’s methods appear sound, the asari tried a similar procedure centuries ago and discounted it. What civilization could have spanned the galaxy for not thousands, but millions of years? If this were the case, we should have found mountains of evidence of their passing. Where is this species now?"

Notice any similarities? ;)

BioWare are yet to make an official comment on this, but we can always speculate what it's about.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26057282&postcount=1

Holy shit, and here I thought they were done with DLC till ME3.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Yeah, I heard there were supposed to be three DLC to connect ME2 to ME3, and that Lair of the Shadow Broker was the first or something like that.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
>.>

Getting back to ME2. Can't wait to see Bioware's follow-up announcement to this leak, and if they're gonna give us any information on any returning characters in comparison to LotSB's Liara. If not it won't matter, provided it's awesome. I have faith in that though.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
They always said that they were going to make this series continuous between games so no surprises there.

Whatever comes out will have to be important.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
You just know they are gonna have Ashley/Kaiden back in another cameo appearance where you can bum them for the good of mankind also.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
mass_effect_avatar.jpg

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I would mine that planet absolutely dry

Top Bottom