Mass Effect Series

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Holy hell. This is out TODAY?
I must have completely forgot. Looks like I have something to do this week.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
WHY IS IT NOT ON THE SITE YET

NNNNNGHHHHHHHHH

Belmat

Pro Adventurer
Going by US time I imagine, which means it'll usually be out around 08:00GMT. Another 40 mins until Arrival arrives, but a whole day to wait before I'm home and can play it.

Fucking uni :rage:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I AM HEAVING AND HYPERVENTILATING IN FRUSTRATION THAT THE DLC IS NOT ON THE SITE YET

AND BY HEAVING AND HYPERVENTILATING I MEAN ALSO CLENCHING MY FISTS AND MAKING A NOISE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN AN ENRAGED WILD BOAR AND THE RUNNING ENGINE OF AN M1 ABRAMS

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
BREAKING NEWS: ARRIVAL HAS LANDED ON XBL

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So please please please guys spoiler tags for the next couple weeks PLEASE!
Alternatively just ban Satsu for a few weeks. Just putting it out there.

I have nowt all else to do this week, and I'm sure I can get some kind of tiny loan. Immah play this today. :awesome:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Playing now. Probably about half way through.

seal-of-approval.jpg

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I went home for lunch (which is 40 mins of driving all together) just so I could start the download so it'll be install - bam - play as soon as I get home.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Wooooooooooooooooooooow.

While the fight for Object Rho was something I saw coming - without even seeing the achievement, the sheer number of people that you can't interact with, plus all the doors (two of which have to be bypassed), and her saying 'o yeah we were careful' in response to the question of how they avoided indoctrination - the ending was just...damn, man. That's some ol' bullshit. FUCK YOU I'M NOT GOING ON TRIAL

Total TDK moment.

Was very good, and lots of fun. Anybody else lol when you woke up in the med bay and saw the mech activation part was "assume direct control'? XD

Non-spoiilers:
That was fun, and CERTAINLY sets the scene for ME3. I'm of the opinion that it puts a bit of the trailer into perspective.

It does make me wonder, though, why in the ME3 trailer all the Reapers look the same - just like Sovereign and Harbinger - but in ME2 they make it out like each Reaper is different and based on whichever race was enslaved to create it/be part of its construction materials.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
It does make me wonder, though, why in the ME3 trailer all the Reapers look the same - just like Sovereign and Harbinger - but in ME2 they make it out like each Reaper is different and based on whichever race was enslaved to create it/be part of its construction materials.
I'm assuming that that's a design oversight. It was a promotional trailer that had be brought out on a specific date to keep the hype buzzing. Not something we should take 100% as canon. As far as I'm concerned, the ending to ME2's depiction of the Reaper menace is still what's canon.

Reaper_fleet.png

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Woo, just beat it. Took me about an hour and a half on Insanity.

I was all like INFILTRATION MISSION, EH? RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. And then naturally shot everyone on sight. :awesome: I'm gonna play it again and do it sneaky like for the achieve, though.

My first attempt at protecting the operative as she hacked the security console was ridiculous - I didn't catch on the first time she said close the doors 'cause I was too busy running around looking for ammo, and ended up pinned down way in the back. Every time I tried to run forward the enemies would just run past me and start shooting her, so I had to run back and save her, and this back-and-forth lasted for about 5 minutes before I finally died. Second time I rushed straight to the doors and it was easy peasy.

Even though I was playing my Paragon Shep, I was actually yelling at the screen to SHOOT HER FFS SHE IS OBVIOUSLY CRAY-CRAY, so when that Renegade interrupt finally came up I took it instantly. Was like HAH DAMN STRAIGHT BIATCH quickly followed by ....well fuck.

I thought that last section where you're going for the comm tower was almost too easy, finished it with a lot of time left on the clock, but oh well.

Also, Hackett. <3 At least he's not a douche about the whole thing, unlike the rest of the Alliance. Fucking military tribunal for saving the world, how's that for a reward. Though I always love it when games/stories/whatever implement a choice between a lesser and greater evil.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
UNACCEPTABLE.png

UNACCEPTABLE

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Har Har.

I really enjoyed Arrival. It may not have had Liara in it, but it was certainly a remarkable experience as much as the emotional investment and pacing went. It was a rather tense atmosphere 110% of the time but it just hadded to it.

I was speaking to Kimble at the time; Playing on my fully Paragon shep I still took that fucking renegade interrupt. No way in hell was I gonna miss that.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
FUCK YOU I'M NOT GOING ON TRIAL

Lol exactly. Let's pretend I'm not a cyborg Spectre with a loyal ship full of the galaxy's most elite badasses and assassins, that I don't go around killing Reapers, that I'm not friends with the leaders of the Krogan and Rachni, and that I'm not the biggest hero ever for saving the Citadel.

Barring all that, I'm literally in bed with the fucking Shadow Broker. Give her ten minutes and 2000 credits and the Batarian homeworld will be way more concerned with its brand new civil war than your pathetic tribunal.

Anyway, I wish it was longer.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
ilu so much for that post ;.;

btw totally upset that Liara didn't get any dialogue in the postgame like all the other characters. WE'RE SUPPOSED TO FLY THROUGH SPACE AND HAVE SEXY LESBIAN SEX ADVENTURES FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES ;_;

Top Bottom