Mass Effect Series

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
already preordered that uhhhhh ummmm

Still can't decide where to preorder that. I don't think I trust Gamestop anymore after working there and seeing a lot of BS with special editions (getting too many or not enough constantly, obv not enough being my concern). Just don't know who else I should trust with such an important preorder. Never preordered anywhere else.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Still waiting for a decent preorder price of that edition that's less than 110 dollars

;-;

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Sooooo bought xbl magazine yesterday (mainly because it had a free mass effect comic in it) only to read that if you want to get the perfect ending/things to occur in the main plot, you HAVE TO PLAY THE MULTIPLAYER.
Had to read it a few times mind you to understand the logic behind having the plot/ending change if you do or do not play the multiplayer for it :/

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
quotes or did not hapen

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
yeah why not

or scans

AKA
Would be great if I had a scanner, I'll wait till im home and take a photo with my iphone and see if I can't upload it.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
already preordered that uhhhhh ummmm

Totally already preordered this.

Like, back before DA2 came out :flipmonster:
shhhhhh i was just excited okay

also no matter what that magazine may say I highly doubt that the single player campaign will require any multiplayer, just makes zero sense for a series that has been SP up until now.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Sooooo bought xbl magazine yesterday (mainly because it had a free mass effect comic in it) only to read that if you want to get the perfect ending/things to occur in the main plot, you HAVE TO PLAY THE MULTIPLAYER.

No.

Bioware has stated several times that it does in several articles already posted in the thread.

I remember reading that the multiplayer campaign would help you in the single player. I'm curious to see how though. I really want my first play through to be the one I want story wise, and anything after that to be playing around. So if I need to play the multiplayer to get the stuff I'd want, then I guess I'd be doing that first (though I don't understand that quite either... do you keep multiplayer saves to attach to your single save?).

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
From what I can tell, you play as a custom character on various fronts to help unify stuff or keep the Reapers out or whatever, the results of which show in the main game. They probably (because this is what I'd do) have you decide whether or not you're going to play MP when you start a new game, and save both characters to one save file. It'd be kind of silly if they let you load in the results of like five different characters to one save. :P So I assume it's like importing a Shep or choosing a bonus power.

Ya, just seems like you'd have to do multiplayer first then? I'm sure they've thought it through but I'm curious how I'm going to have to play this game.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
MP is not integral to unlocking the game's fill story potential.

AKA
2w5kmya.jpg

http://www.360magazine.co.uk/interview/mass-effect-3-dev-defends-inclusion-of-multiplayer/

360: If the multiplayer is tied into the singleplayer, will that limit players returning to it after finishing the story?

CH: No, it’s not tied to single-player in that way. It takes place in the war timeframe of Mass Effect 3, but there is no story interaction except for one: the more you succeed in multiplayer, the more successful the overall war effort will be for you as a player in the Mass Effect universe. This means that if you then attempt the ending of the single-player experience, you’ll experience a greater level of success in the ending than you would if you had never played multiplayer.

But it is ultimately about choice. By doing other things, such as doing a very complete single-player play-through, you can achieve the greatest levels of success in the Mass Effect 3 storyline even without playing multiplayer. This is all part of Mass Effect 3’s Galaxy at War system, where you can fight the galactic war not just through singleplayer, but multiplayer as well, in addition to games on social networks, mobile, and iOS.

So what I'm understanding is that playing multiplayer OR doing all the quests are equal for getting the best ending (I'm assuming the best ending involves doing everything along with doing them right). Sounds like two ways to do the same thing, and for that I'm pleased.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah I just picked up my most recent Gameinformer here and it says you don't need any add-ons or multiplayer etc. to get the best ending.

Top Bottom