Mass Effect Series

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Alex pointed this out to me:
nlsebc.jpg

13ydst0.png

notice something familiar about those dead bodies?

Lex

Administrator
My god those textures are awful.
The one in the middle looks like Shep's Armour? You may have to spell it out for the idiot (me) because I'm tired.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
the circled armor resembles kaiden and ashley's old me1 armor those faces could belong to kaiden too

Lex

Administrator
Holy shengus, so it does! The circled face could be Ashley. The male face to the right of the (legs?) resembles Anderson a bit. Shame they're not in better quality.

Was this run with Kaidan or Ashley alive?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
idk tbh

I'm gonna run through and take my own screenies

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
You know after reading about it the indoctrination does make sense especially since after Shep gets hit by the laser that's were everything stops making any sense at all.

Also Brent how the hell did Alex notice that?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
So apparently if you don't save Grissom Academy in time Jack joins Cerberus (presumably because upset over death of students) and becomes a special Phantom fight when you assault the Cerberus Base.

Neat.

Also noooooo ;_; I will never let this happen.

So she doesn't join but is rather forced/indoctrinated.

Also apparently if you give Legion to Cerberus in ME2 he will also appear in that same section.

edit: added youtube link

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So apparently if you don't save Grissom Academy in time Jack joins Cerberus (presumably because upset over death of students) and becomes a special Phantom fight when you assault the Cerberus Base.

Neat.

Also noooooo ;_; I will never let this happen.

WHAT

SERIOUSLY

HOLY SHIT I MUST DO THIS

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yeah that is in fact true.
I mean I hated Jack in ME2 but I wouldn't do that to her and she was decent in this game.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
"Hey Joker, f-"

*blackout*

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Speaking of
Kaiden and Ashley, has anyone's opinion changed about these two?

One thing I noticed about Ash is that, aside from a brief flash of growth on Mars, she really didn't evolve much as a character compared to the other ME1 alumni. She's still a total flake about Shepard and Cerberus, yo-yoing back and forth between being lovesick and pulling a gun on me (!!!) and back again. I mean, with the huge jump in rank, I figured she would have led men through hell and back the way Garrus did on Omega and, likewise, come back a brooding and mature leader with the conversations to match. Yes, the makeover was nice and Kimberly Brooks could be the world phone sex champion... but now Ash is in this weird inconsistent state between being her old flawed politically-incorrect self, and having said flaws understated to make her more appealing.

That said, I guess ME3 isn't the time for new character development. Everyone is a known quantity at this point and there's too much story to tell.

Anyone have Kaiden along in their playthrough? Did he change much?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Aside from the Cerberus bullshit, I mean srsly did I need to show her a letter from the Illusive Man saying I didn't work for him anymore for her to actually believe me? I thought she was a much better character and went through some character development in this game.

As for Kaidan:

Default Shepard said:

Dude I barely even remember him being in ME1 much less use him in a playthrough. Kaidan's only purpose was to keep the nuke company.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Speaking of
Kaiden and Ashley, has anyone's opinion changed about these two?

One thing I noticed about Ash is that, aside from a brief flash of growth on Mars, she really didn't evolve much as a character compared to the other ME1 alumni. She's still a total flake about Shepard and Cerberus, yo-yoing back and forth between being lovesick and pulling a gun on me (!!!) and back again. I mean, with the huge jump in rank, I figured she would have led men through hell and back the way Garrus did on Omega and, likewise, come back a brooding and mature leader with the conversations to match. Yes, the makeover was nice and Kimberly Brooks could be the world phone sex champion... but now Ash is in this weird inconsistent state between being her old flawed politically-incorrect self, and having said flaws understated to make her more appealing.

That said, I guess ME3 isn't the time for new character development. Everyone is a known quantity at this point and there's too much story to tell.

Character development is unnecessary, just character exploration would have been more than sufficient, and as it stood she had little if any of interest.

She was downright obnoxious.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
okay so today I just

brokered peace between the quarians and the geth

and legion sacrificed himself to make it happen

and then akishep and Tali are sitting there talking and Tali is mourning Legion and just

bawwww all of the sad I got extremely teared up it was so fucking sad ;___;

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Character development is unnecessary, just character exploration would have been more than sufficient, and as it stood she had little if any of interest.

She was downright obnoxious.

Probably agree with the first part at least, :monster:

There's not really much character development actually going on with the human ME1 companions in
(Unless you count being faceplanted into the side of a shuttle hull a character development :awesome:)

Although I'm only just past my first encounter with Kai Leng, but besides the Spectre thing going on there isn't a whole lot of stuff I would classify as Ashley going through a process. :monster:

Lex

Administrator

I had Kaidan in my playthrough, I actually romanced him. He's got the same story arc as Ashley but to me seemed to have kinda grown into his own compared to ME1.

He's still slightly distrusting about cerberus, and points a gun at you in the Udina scene. But IDK I just got the impression he was really in control of all his shit in this game, I actually really liked him. The romance was done really well at least.

Something else that made me very happy -
Garrus/Tali romance. That was so sweet!!!

EDIT: OMG TOO FUNNY:
photo_1.png

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Went back to reload a save after I went through all the dialogue, but Samantha Traynor sexytime was pretty sexy

I'll probably just keep Liara as mai waifu for this playthrough anyway

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
tumblr_m0wynm9heu1qzx9yno1_500.gif

tumblr_m0wynm9heu1qzx9yno2_500.gif

things i was probably better off not seeing

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I had Kaidan in my playthrough.
And from the sounds of things he was just as wishy-washy as Ash was. SHEPARD YOU WORKED FOR CERBERUS HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE PLANNING SHEPARD HOW COULD YOU HAVE TRUSTED CERBERUS SHEPARD ARE YOU STILL WORKING WITH CERBERUS I'M NOT SURE I CAN TRUST YOU AFTER WITNESSING YOU SLAUGHTER HUNDREDS OF CERBERUS TROOPS SHEPPPAAARRDDD

All that said, the scenes where Cerberus wasn't brought up were actually well done and he was overall perfectly tolerable.

Though I did feel a rather sadistic sense of glee when I told him about me and Garrus. Bitch maybe if you'd stop accusing me of being a Cerberus lapdop for 2 seconds I wouldn't have cheated on you but TOO BAD.

Actually no I probably would have cheated regardless because Garrus is Garrus and Kaidan just can't compete but the point stands.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
That's from 4chan, so I wouldn't hold my breath. However the same source was correct about the muliplayer DLC.

Also, here's a really good video on the
Indoctrination Theory

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It would help if people actually paid attention to the thread.

kyCGO.jpg

Top Bottom