Michael Jackson is dead.

ShivaIceCold

Diamond Dust...
^ Who did you get yours with? I had tickets for the opening night, which would have been in 6 days time. If it wasn't postponed, I would have been going tomorrow night, which is a disappointing thought to have. Got them in the presale through Ticketmaster.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
I'm not really sure, I heard he was going to play some shows and called up my rents asking if they wanted to go for old times sake, then they sorted the rest out.
We had tickets for a few of the nights but the first load got canceled before he died didn't they.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Anyone else watching the live feed right now?

EDIT:
K. His daughter made me cry. I'm dead fucking serious. :(

Last edited:

Sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Diamond Weapon
I watched the Michael Jackson memorial on CNN and I got to say that I almost cried about three times. It is a very sad to watch all his familia cry!

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
The reporter for Sky News was thick as shit, really didn't know what she was talking about.
Blergh I'm only a fan of MJ, you cant fault Stevie Wonder.
But alot of the performances were a bit meh, I found alot of it boring.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Stevie's voice has deteriorated quite a bit, it seems. Most of the other performances were pretty good though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wasn't a fan of how everyone was wearing sunglasses though. Of the family, I can understand (i.e. public appearances), but, say, Usher whilst performing? That's just tasteless, imo.

Whilst it was decidedly American, it was a lot more sober than most of such events, imo.

I watched part of one of his (later) concerts after the memorial though, and he really pwned on stage. I really only know him from the soap opera his life became in his later years though.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
They were wearing MJ's trademark shades. At least the family was. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it was definitely heavy on the heart.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Anyone else watching the live feed right now?

Unfortunately, no. I missed it. I guess I'll have to see the rerun, or perhaps just watchever news clips I happen to catch.

While it seems wrong that he's gone, I know that at least we still have his music. We'll all have Michael Jackson as long as his music still plays.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
They were wearing MJ's trademark shades. At least the family was. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it was definitely heavy on the heart.
They were all wearing replicas of his glove too.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Yeah.

Did anyone else see MLK III pretty much turn into his father when he made his speech?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I watched a special 48 Hours dedicated to it.

Yes, Paris Jackson's short speech was heart wrenching. :(

Last edited:

Tiefenrausch

Solitary Dancer
I couldn't watch more than 15 minutes of speeches, song performances and stuff.
Diana Ross entered the stage, covered one of his songs and I went terribly emo. ;_;
To prevent me from a big cry attack I switched the channel at this point.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Most speeches no matter what occasion they were written for are scripted, really. It isn't exactly easy to come up with some good last words on the spot. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, and I understand that, it's just that they seem... well, taken from a 'How do I write memorial speeches for dummies' book. Srsly. i.e. recurring words and expressions, method of saying them, andsoforth. At the very least, they could try to do an original speech or something.

The kid too took her lines from (probably) TV or something.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Truthfully, I found the display - awkward.

Paris, Prince Michael I, and then Prince Michael II, plus the mother, father, brothers, people who actually knew him - I understand their grief and sorrow.

Still I found the whole ordeal over the top. The flashy display, the outlandish ways to mimic Michael - I just found it too much.

He was a song writer and singer, and a very popular, successful and for the most part untarnished one at that. Fine; he was no more and no less than that, at least to the outside world.

I do care; again, I feel it's wrong that he died so young - which he was, when we think about how most people are living into their 80s, 90s, and even 100s! He will be missed.

Just, I'm not sure what to make of the whole thing. I have mixed feelings about why it was done they way it was, and really who was it for.

Eh - I'm a fan of his music; I didn't know the man, so while I care a soul is gone from this Earth, I can't say I am his fan.

I hope all this makes sense.

Before I end this post, I was moved by Paris' part in the gathering. More so by her display of emotion. I'm sorry she and her brothers had to lose their father so early.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Incidentally, though he can be a bit, shall we say, overzealous at times, I thought Al Sharpton's speech in this instance was excellent.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
And how does one give a good "This person is deaded" speech Yop? :monster:

I mean, really. It's not like you're getting a grade on it.

Top Bottom