More milking FFVII merchandise

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Clean, shiny, soft - it doesn't matter, in the end they all end up like Monica Lewinskys dress :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Clean, shiny, soft - it doesn't matter, in the end they all end up like Monica Lewinskys dress :monster:

Would that make Don Corneo the game's equivalent of Bill Clinton?

And if so, is there a hidden scene I don't know about? ;)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
We keep talking about replacing their head of marketing. Do they HAVE head of marketing? Because that would surprise the hell out of me. I can count on one hand the number of Final Fantasy commercials I've seen in my life.

Indeed, do ANY Japanese developers have heads of marketing besides Nintendo? Because it seems to me like they all do a pretty shit job of it in the West at least.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
X-2 was the first FF commercial I ever saw. I hear people talk about FF7 commercials but i only saw them years later on youtube.

FF13 ones I did see but they were my Microsoft so that doesn't count (and FF7's would have been Sony's)

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Ok... now SE is printing AC stuff on bags:

MSM5S.jpg
RFgcZ.jpg

The Loveless poster in AC... ok, fair enough.

UvebF.jpg
EehPw.jpg

....A.......a.....highway.... sign?....... Um....yeah...no. Very bland, and covers just the bottom half of the bag. Hell, unless you get a good look and spot "Shin-Ra building" you just see someone who must a very odd affinity for road signs...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Actually, I could see these both being sold regular in stores.

I would totally buy that Loveless one, except I'm sure it'll cost me a few appendages.

EDIT: Okay, $22.50, I guess that's not bad, but it could be cheaper.

You also missed the most adorable bag of the lot.

1413_2.jpg

I actually think I really want that one... :3

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I never saw any FF13 commercials on tv.
X-2 on the other hand...constant bombardment

X-2 was the first FF commercial I ever saw. I hear people talk about FF7 commercials but i only saw them years later on youtube.

FF13 ones I did see but they were my Microsoft so that doesn't count (and FF7's would have been Sony's)

At least you guys actually saw advertising on television. I've never seen a Final Fantasy advertisement on television :sadpanda:

Australia was completely void of public advertising of videogames up until the Wii happened, and even then advertising for mature titles still never happened. Talk about oversensitivity to the 9/11 backlash. :x

Advertising has gotten better over here, though. Sony has a surprisingly strong advertising presence here in Australia, if only to promote their new hardware. Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 duked it out for a bit before they realised the average TV viewer didn't give a shit, :monster:

I'd totally be up for Square Enix advertising their shit on television, it'd be far better (and nicer looking, you gotta admit) than any other ad these days. >: Final Fantasies + Eidos games getting screen-time on television? yase plz

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I saw the bags when they were still designing them, but I think it's probably one of the few reasonable pieces of merchandise they've come up with lately.

I really like the highway sign bag. I'd buy it. In fact, I want it, and I've never said that about a piece of SE merchandising before. Part of the reason I like it is that no one would know you were carrying merchandising from a video game unless they were already fans and recognised it from the movie. It's subtly geeky.
I once saw a car with the licence plate "chocobo1"
Still waiting on my chess pieces.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
OK heres something, the Loveless image on that bag....I dunno if there was a different poster that appeared in AC, I can't remember so I might be wrong (EDIT - the pic on the bag appears in DoC anyway - http://semna19.webs.com/LOVELESS_Poster_DC_2.jpg) ...but here's the original poster from FFVII
LOVELESS_Poster_FFVII_2.jpg

Now looking at that bag, it doesn't seem to be the same girl as in the old poster.....in fact I'd say it looks like....Tifa OMG LOVE TIRANGLE SROLVED??!!?!11

:awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Those bags are really fucking stupid. Who does their market research? The Rufus glass is still the best piece of merchandise they've produced outside the Kotobukiya figures.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
They're better than Spunk de Cloud, for sure, but that sign bag in particular is just awful. And I guess Ezekiel Rage Genesis ruined Loveless for me.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I think I'd have preferred the old Loveless poster on the bag, I can't remember exactly but perhaps they had to change it because the girl in the original image looked like the girl from My Bloody Valentine, so maybe there would have been copyright issues.

As for the sign bag, I just find the positioning a bit weird. I feel like theres a few different images they could have used, eg the 7th Heaven logo, the Shinra Logo itself, maybe something from the Gold Saucer eg "My friend went to the Gold Saucer and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

Oh look, some industrious folks have come up with something:
gold%20saucer%20large2.jpg

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/08/geek_apparel_of_the_week_screw_attack_hoth_tauntau.php

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think I'd have preferred the old Loveless poster on the bag, I can't remember exactly but perhaps they had to change it because the girl in the original image looked like the girl from My Bloody Valentine, so maybe there would have been copyright issues.

That's possible, but also Loveless is a play, right? So it makes sense it would be a different sign with whichever actress was currently playing in it. Also didn't the original sign say My Bloody Valentine on it?

Top Bottom