More milking FFVII merchandise

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Those bags are really fucking stupid. Who does their market research? The Rufus glass is still the best piece of merchandise they've produced outside the Kotobukiya figures.

troll?

I've seen bags like the highway one at stores before. It actually seems like one of the smarter things they've ever made.

I'd still go for either the Loveless or the chibi one first, though. While nice, the highway bag isn't exactly my style.

Oh look, some industrious folks have come up with something:
gold%20saucer%20large2.jpg

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/08/geek_apparel_of_the_week_screw_attack_hoth_tauntau.php

And that is a MAJOR want.

I've been wishing SE would do stuff like this for the longest time.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah?

Pics printed on totes are kind of common as far as merchandise goes pretty much everywhere these days.

Good for groceries instead of wasting plastic bags.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I can't hate on those bags, bro. The Loveless one is particularly cool, and I can imagine it would have been hot if SE would have wised up and did something like that when FFVII was first released. And I can't even begin to exclaim how much I like the Gold Saucer shirt. I just might buy it.

Look, pimps; merchandising based on FFVII is not an inherently bad idea at all. It allows the creators to express a certain imagination that they can't do anywhere else; bringing the intangible concepts from their fictional world to real life items and stuff that we can touch and feel. Video game merchandise has existed since forever.

What I am assuming the gripe here is a few things; SE has a tendency to do stupid merchandising, going overboard to the point where no one wants their stuff, and SE's merchandising is at this point another extension of the substanceless abuse of their creative property. I get that. However, let's not fall into the mental trap of "FFVII STUFF YOU CAN BUY? RETARDED!"

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I can't hate on those bags, bro. The Loveless one is particularly cool, and I can imagine it would have been hot if SE would have wised up and did something like that when FFVII was first released. And I can't even begin to exclaim how much I like the Gold Saucer shirt. I just might buy it.

Look, pimps; merchandising based on FFVII is not an inherently bad idea at all. It allows the creators to express a certain imagination that they can't do anywhere else; bringing the intangible concepts from their fictional world to real life items and stuff that we can touch and feel. Video game merchandise has existed since forever.

What I am assuming the gripe here is a few things; SE has a tendency to do stupid merchandising, going overboard to the point where no one wants their stuff, and SE's merchandising is at this point another extension of the substanceless abuse of their creative property. I get that. However, let's not fall into the mental trap of "FFVII STUFF YOU CAN BUY? RETARDED!"
honestly if you think ALL squeenix's ideas are bad, you should look at the slime smile line of dragon quest junk

everything is so amazing and cute and nerdy and stylish i almost wonder what i should by first

if i had money

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If there was any (and I mean ANY) merchandise I'd pick up from FF7:

It'd be a "to-scale" and "to-weight" replica of Crisis Core Buster Sword.

Just having that sucker over a fireplace mantle...oh man...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I agree with you, Mog, that FFVII merchandise isn't an inherently bad thing. It's just that so much of it is stupid crap. They get something like one good idea in fifty.

And I honestly see the bags as crap too, but I guess I'm relatively alone on that count.

Yeah?

Pics printed on totes are kind of common as far as merchandise goes pretty much everywhere these days.

Good for groceries instead of wasting plastic bags.

You'd need a lot of totes in lieu of plastic bags. But then I live in a household of four. Maybe others find them useful for that purpose.

Even when I was single, though, and this tote craze was kicking off, I found them useless. They were literally giving them away at my university library, some bookstores and even Walmart. And they were all crap.

The library bag? Handles tore after a couple walks across campus with schoolbooks. The ones at bookstores were too small to be useful for anything but, well, books you were buying there. And as for the Walmart totes -- again, how many groceries can you get in just one? And you try putting milk, orange juice, and some two-liters in one, then walking it up three flights of stairs to your apartment and what do you get? Another torn, shitty bag.

Maybe they make them better now, but I can't help but see them as impractical, poorly designed monstrosities. And, yeah, they're ugly as sin too. Like the Crocs of the bag kingdom.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Why didn't they keep the My Bloody Valentine thing on Loveless? Hipsters would have bought that shit up like nobody's business.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I have a couple of tote bags and they both have holes in them, so I stick to plastic bags. At least in Finland you actually have to pay to get plastic bags from supermarkets. That, along with their reasonably good quality (compared to, for example, the ubiquitous free plastic bags in the UK) encourages people to reuse them. I keep all of mine, never throwing them away unless I've turned one into a bin liner anyway.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
In Spain the plastic bags may have been bad quality, but we keep almost all of them and reuse them, at home.

Even before being eco-friendly was "cool" and before you had to pay for plastic bags, we already did that. Because it freaking makes sense to do so.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, we reuse our plastic bags too. Fold them down and keep them in stacks under the kitchen counter with sandwich bags and the like. They make great lunch bags, and are perfectly sized for our bathroom trash bins.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Wow. I can't even express how uncreative SE can get lately with these products. Just-- what the hell. Are they so low on budget that they can't even pay people who actually give a thought about the stuff they would release??

Give me a CG render of Cloud dressed like a woman. I'm not kidding. Deliver this to me in any form, whether it be a poster, bed sheets, plastic bags, coffee cups, whatever! I DEMAND A CG RENDER OF THIS!

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Take a look at THIS seller from ebay. Her blankets are way more creative and worth buying than that Cloud pillowcase.

And those bags-- at least some effort is put on the design but they look way too simple and cheap.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

My personal gripe is that Square's original commercialization was a byproduct of the FFVII phenomenon. Whereas, the Compilation was not born from any creative vision, instead the whole thing was merchandise-driven in the first place. It wouldn't have been so bad if the whole thing wasn't a bucket of balls.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Never said there was anything wrong with the Loveless bag.... I just would wish they would market other things... like oh... I don't know... Cid or Barret figures... though I know they're not considered "popular" enough to even make it to a prototype figure stage. :(

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I wouldn't mind having a Loveless poster instead of a Loveless bag.

Or maybe the actual Loveless billboard itself. But then again, I guess it'd be hard to fit something like that in your room. :monster:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
mbv-in-final-fantasy.jpg

Bilinda Butcher

tumblr_l4q562IIAY1qbyo1go1_400.jpg

Odd that they switched it to Tifa or at least a Tifa look a like. Didn't somebody say there were posters of Aerith next to the Loveless poster on a wall in DoC? I'm pretty sure that was given as an example of Clerith proof before :D

Anyway no home would be complete without themed aroma candles

ffcandles.jpg

Hopefully the Sephiorth one doesn't smell like Jenova.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
1127_2.jpg

There's also this Sephiroth fan perfect for any hardcore Sephiroth fan out there. This isn't so bad, I'd buy this.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah thats actually quite nice, its not too over the top or anything, you could put it on the wall in the living room and nobody would be able to tell you are a massive geek :lol:

Top Bottom